It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Muslim extremist group says it will host $1,500-a-plate gala at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Oraculi

So you don't agree with a groups beliefs and your immediate thought is this?

Sorry you lost me right there......

Are they terrorists? Who have they killed? You make them sound like the Waffen SS.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Are they:

Anti-Muslim Extremist?

or

Anti Muslim-Extremist?

Or

Anti-Sharia Extremist?

nevermind doesn't matter dont care either way

It IS a free country. Don't start nuthin, wont be nuthin.

She looks 'asian?'. Maybe she'll be exempt. She is pretty hot though... Doesn't matter what she stands for. I wont be listening, just ogling.

edit on 5-10-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oraculi

originally posted by: Veryolduser
It’s hilarious that the anti defamation league gets to consider who is extreme and who isn’t especially since this is their Wikipedia

The Anti-Defamation League (ADL; formerly known as the Anti-Defamation League of B'nai B'rith) is an international Jewish non-governmental organization based in the United States

So one group of people are allowed to define extremism.

A group of people that have been systemically exterminated throughout history. Perhaps they have some experience in this matter?

And they're standing alongside their muslim brothers and sisters, in their defense this time. I think that lends them credibility. But that's just one of the organizations that lists this group as a hate group.

If you get kicked out of a bar that's one thing, but if you get kicked out of every bar in town, you you might have to look at yourself as the reason.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
She is pretty hot though... Doesn't matter what she stands for. I wont be listening, just ogling.

Right?
Not only is Malkin a little hottie...she is extremely intelligent and a excellent public speaker.
Only 5' 2"...so she's also adorable.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit that one of her speaking engagements would sell out...especially @ a venue as beautiful as Mar-a-Lago.
Honestly, who wouldn't attend if they could afford to?

I'll bet dinner will be delish, too.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Honestly, who wouldn't attend if they could afford to? I'll bet dinner will be delish, too.

Sure but if my dinner looked like this:

instead of this:

I'll want my money back. ...or a date!

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Reply to /DukeMisterio

If you get kicked out of a bar that's one thing, but if you get kicked out of every bar in town, you you might have to look at yourself as the reason.

The op won’t answer those type of questions because it doesn’t fit their agenda. They think that if you have a history of people abusing you that gives you the only right to determine what constitutes extremism. apparently it also allows you to be a giant and I mean giant hypocrite.
edit on 5-10-2019 by Veryolduser because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2019 by Veryolduser because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Pro-choice groups go to democratic rallies all the time. Does that make every member of the Democratic Party in favor of partial birth abortion‘s ?

Just using the radical left’s standards .

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
First you're assuming that ACT is some sort of hate group akin to the KKK, the do you know what they really represent? Or are you just posting this because it's the latest manufactured outrage from the left? Do yoy support sharia law? Do you think that it fits in with most people's Idea of American principles?

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Southern Poverty Law Center.

How shocking that the most racist group is against ACT. If they are against it then it has to be a good thing.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   
In this day and age it seems everyone has a hate group. I have never heard of this group mentioned in the article, but cannot see how it could possibly be seen as the group currying favor with the President by holding their event at one of his properties. I am certain that Trump was never involved in the day to day management of any of his properties and even more so now. I am sure each property has a management team that makes decisions of this sort.

Does the group holding the fund raiser consider themselves a hate group ? Do they hate Muslins or is it something more along the lines of promoting the vetting of individuals wishing to immigrate from a country associated with terrorism ? That position is one which President Trump campaigned on and tried to implement as President. I do not see that position as hatred, and I would think most people would agree as long as it's a proper vetting system. It would not be any sort of "Muslim ban" as promoted during that policy push, instead just common sense precautions which in reality a proper immigrant vetting process should be in place for all immigrants irregardless of point of orgin.

There are some pro Muslim groups, if that is even the right term, which many feel could be considered a hate group. The group CAIR has promoted some ideas that in my opinion, that do not promote nor educate non Muslim communities of the relationship they wish for. Some of the statements that CAIR has posited, have done more harm than good. I have lived in predominantly Muslim countries and never come upon relationship problems between the diverse communities that existed.

Aside from some typical rhetoric found in our communities that has always been problematic, I believe that Americans are just that American and our religious preferences should never be part of the exercise of normal community relations. Sometimes it seems that the "sides" which exist are treating a religion as a race and it is just not the case. Religions do not represent a particular race, country, nor skin color.

While Christianity is often promoted as the American religion, it's just not true as we became a country from a desire to be able to worship freely and not a single doctrine. Plenty of Americans are affiliated with no religion at all, so it does no good for groups like these to promote hatred nor push their favorite, we need to celebrate our differences and learn to educate each other about those differences while celebrating our commonalities like Americanism.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

So , you maybe have a Problem with " Non Muslim " People of Faith having a Get Together ? Please Explain WHY > ?

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Muslims are predominantly anti-LGBT. Muslims won a fight to remove LGBT lessons from schools in the UK.

I have previously posted details about both these issues, including videos and pictures of gays being thrown off of roof tops in many Muslim countries.

WHATEVER YOU DO, its extremely important that you continue to keep your head buried in the sand about this elephant in the room because you attempting to reconciling it would result in blue-screening and eventually being 404'd.

You have no idea what you're talking about, mainly because regurgitating MSM slop is an NPC trait and is a closed feedback loop of anti-logic.

Good luck with your endeavours exposing the evil anti-Muslim extremists living under your bed and in your closets and your head space. You've been brainwashed.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Stop spreading the false narrative of letting people have free speech as 'aligning' with them. I think they should be allowed to rent, just like the KKK or BLM. When you take free speech from racist haters you set the stage for it being taken away from everyone.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

You called them an extremist group, yet not even the article makes that claim. What makes them extremists, that you dont agree with them?

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Why would such a group even think of booking the President of the United States' property for their activities?

Is this a rhetorical question?

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Why would such a group even think of booking the President of the United States' property for their activities?

Is this a rhetorical question?

No , more like an Inflammatory One . My Knickers are All " Bunched Up " Right Now . You know , like when a REAL MAN is Ready to Defend His Personal Beliefs with his Life If Need Be > ?

edit on 5-10-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Yeah, this group doesn't sound like an extremist group to me. From their Policy page:

We welcome all who share our beliefs, but require adherence to our Non-Discrimination and Anti-Violence Policy:

ACT for America has never, and will never, tolerate any bias, discrimination, or violence against anyone, based on their religion, gender, race, or political persuasion. Freedom to practice one's religion in peace is afforded to each of us by the U.S. Constitution and we will defend it vigorously.

also

Anyone who traffics in prejudice, or advocates violence in any way towards anyone does not speak on behalf of ACT for America. Should our organization find out that such beliefs have been propagated by one of our members or anyone claiming to be associated with ACT for America, we will terminate any relationship with such person, group or entity, and disavow them.

It sounds like labeling them as anti-Muslim is inappropriate. Remember, Islam is a faith, Muslims are a people. In a perfect world it would be perfectly fine to criticize Islam without fear of being murdered, at worst, or being labeled an Islamophobic, racist bigot at best.

I know that you, OP, weren't the first to call the group "anti-Muslim," I mean it's right on their Wikipedia page sourced by three articles, one from USA Today, one from the Independent, and one from Buzzfeed. But you did repeat it, and you should know that's not accurate. If you didn't, you do now. Criticizing Islam is not the same as criticizing Muslims. Nor is it 'hate speech.' Or rather, it shouldn't be.

Unless skepticism is hate speech too. It's not, is it?
edit on 5-10-2019 by Zelun because: I should really use the preview button. bad url tag.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

I am certain that Trump was never involved in the day to day management of any of his properties and even more so now. I am sure each property has a management team that makes decisions of this sort.

I'm pretty sure Trump had to relinquish control of all of his holdings prior to inauguration, so as to avoid an Emoluments Clause violation. I feel like if he hadn't, there would be some noise about it from the Democrats. I mean more than the usual amount of noise.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
This is a policy statement on their site:

ACT for America is the nation’s largest and most influential national security grassroots advocacy organization. With over 1,000,000 members, we stand for the protection of the United States of America, and the Western values upon which our nation was built. National security issues transcend all traditional barriers and we stand as a magnet of unity for all Americans to come together, in pursuit of the inalienable rights enumerated by our founders… life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

ACT for America showcases the tolerant and patriotic nature of our nation through our diversity, as well as by fostering a healthy dialogue about the most critical threats facing our nation from the perspective of a variety of voices.

We welcome all who share our beliefs, but require adherence to our Non-Discrimination and Anti-Violence Policy: ACT for America has never, and will never, tolerate any bias, discrimination, or violence against anyone, based on their religion, gender, race, or political persuasion. Freedom to practice one's religion in peace is afforded to each of us by the U.S. Constitution and we will defend it vigorously.

Through our advocacy and activism, we will continue to address the threat presented by those who seek to destroy our Western way of life through advocating violence or radical religious discrimination through hate groups, such as those represented by movements like radical Islam. Anyone who traffics in prejudice, or advocates violence in any way towards anyone does not speak on behalf of ACT for America. Should our organization find out that such beliefs have been propagated by one of our members or anyone claiming to be associated with ACT for America, we will terminate any relationship with such person, group or entity, and disavow them. ACT for America has many volunteers who advocate on our behalf.

As such, ACT for America cannot control the statements and representations of our members or our volunteers. ACT for America is not responsible for statements by any volunteer, chapter leader, employee or member who advocates a position contrary to our Official Non-Discrimination and Anti-Violence Policy. ACT for America reserves the right to terminate any relationship with any person, group, entity, or organization advocating a position contrary to this Policy.

We will continue to work together with patriotic Americans of all beliefs and backgrounds, who stand united in this fight for the survival of our nation, the protection of the United States of America and the Western values upon which our nation was built, and the preservation of the freedom of religion and speech that we enjoy in America. It is our privilege to serve with our friends, volunteers, and fellow patriots for the cause of freedom!

Not sure how anyone could be against what they stand for.
They seem like a great organisation.

I hope their fundraiser goes well, they enjoy Mar-a-lago and their message gets applified.

OP, you've played your part in doing just that. Didn;t know about them before, but will be donating.

Here is their site for others who wish to learn more.
www.actforamerica.org...

edit on 5/10/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Stop spreading the false narrative of letting people have free speech as 'aligning' with them. I think they should be allowed to rent, just like the KKK or BLM. When you take free speech from racist haters you set the stage for it being taken away from everyone.

Thats probably the most pertinent point. You don't have to protect the speech about how much you love life and everyone is equal. You have to protect the hatred, the speech that makes people uncomfortable. Of course the left is normally more concentrated on protecting their speech against us, than our speech against them. And also just because you don't agree, doesn't make it hate.
edit on 5-10-2019 by Oppositeoftruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join