It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Muslim extremist group says it will host $1,500-a-plate gala at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Reservations have not been confirmed by Trump, so this story is still up in the air as far I'm considered. President Trump may actually not allow this group to book his property for this event, but the group has already started selling the tickets. All the VIP tickets that are $2,500 a head have already sold out, so it's looking as if they have an early go-ahead.

Miami Herald

The anti-Muslim group ACT for America plans to host an annual gala at President Donald Trump’s South Florida club, Mar-a-Lago, according to an invitation posted on the group’s website.

Known for organizing the “March Against Sharia” in 2017, a nationwide protest attended by far-right and white supremacist groups, ACT for America is considered the largest anti-Muslim group in the country by organizations that monitor extremists, including the Anti-Defamation League, Georgetown University’s Bridge Initiative and the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Tickets for the Nov. 7 event start at $1,500, according to ACT’s website. That’s a major increase from the $250-to-$350 prices charged when the group hosted the event at hotels in and around Washington, D.C., according to the SPLC, which first reported ACT’s choice of Mar-a-Lago. VIP seats for the gala — listed at $2,500 — are already sold out, the group’s website shows.

Like most galas at Trump’s Palm Beach club, the ACT event will begin with cocktails at 6:30 p.m. Drinks will be followed by a dinner featuring guest speakers, including conservative commentator Michelle Malkin and ACT’s founder Brigitte Gabriel, who has questioned whether Muslims can be “loyal” citizens of the United States.

What do you think, is this alright? Should the president align himself with a listed hate group if he does not cancel the reservations? Why would such a group even think of booking the President of the United States' property for their activities?

Are they trying to curry favor as the article suggests?

Hooper said that the president’s club seemingly agreeing to host the event suggests Trump “endorses” the group’s ideology — and reveals how Trump’s business empire, held alongside his presidential office, opens up a pathway for undue influence and corruption. “If you want to curry favor with him, you spend money at his properties,” he said.

Personally, I can't see how this could be viewed as OK, but I expect a few people here will find reasons to support it.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Oraculi

A buck is a buck...you pay the prize, you get the room.

Can't see how Trump would be associated with this group by renting out one of his locations.

Peace

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I imagine, it takes far more than 30ish days to book an event at Mar a lago...just sayin.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

A buck is a buck...you pay the prize, you get the room.

Can't see how Trump would be associated with this group by renting out one of his locations.

Peace

That's a slippery slope, don't you think? You almost sound like the mob when you say that.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
It’s hilarious that the anti defamation league gets to consider who is extreme and who isn’t especially since this is their Wikipedia

The Anti-Defamation League (ADL; formerly known as the Anti-Defamation League of B'nai B'rith) is an international Jewish non-governmental organization based in the United States

So one group of people are allowed to define extremism.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Well I'm assuming here that Trump doesn't handle the reservations personally and it would n't be smart business to reject paying customers based on their ideology...

Don't know...I guess he doesn't either.

Peace

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Veryolduser
It’s hilarious that the anti defamation league gets to consider who is extreme and who isn’t especially since this is their Wikipedia

The Anti-Defamation League (ADL; formerly known as the Anti-Defamation League of B'nai B'rith) is an international Jewish non-governmental organization based in the United States

A group of people that have been systemically exterminated throughout history. Perhaps they have some experience in this matter?

And they're standing alongside their muslim brothers and sisters, in their defense this time. I think that lends them credibility. But that's just one of the organizations that lists this group as a hate group.

edit on 5-10-2019 by Oraculi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Prediction:

They will be allowed to have their conference. Leftist will become enraged protesting the event dispite Trump disavowing the group. Meanwhile it will be found out the protestors are organized and backed by antisemites.

In the end it will be another victory for Trump and Republicans. All because leftists can't help but go full extremist...

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I don't know anything about this group but what have they done that's extreme?

A march against sharia isn't extreme in my opinion.

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Since you equate anti-Sharia with anti-Muslim, mind sharing what is so awesome about Sharia Law?

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

She is goooooood lookin'.
Glad her event is selling out.

edit on 5-10-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1

Protesting against something that would never, ever happen in the US since it's unconstitutional. It's not 'extreme', but it's really going above and beyond to prove a useless point, and inject more hate towards other people you simply don't like.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oraculi

originally posted by: Veryolduser

A group of people that have been systemically exterminated throughout history. Perhaps they have some experience in this matter?

And they're standing alongside their muslim brothers and sisters, in their defense this time. I think that lends them credibility. But that's just one of the organizations that lists this group as a hate group.

Ok so what your saying is because of what happened in the past they are allowed to define extremism?
Question#1:is it extreme to require dna testing for citizenship?
Question#2: is ethnically cleansing your neighbors considered extreme?
Question#3: if you only comprise 2 percent of the population should you get to define what is right and wrong with that country and culture?

Yes I would avoid this question too if I was pushing an agenda and in favor of a group of people who only comprise 2 percent of the population.
edit on 5-10-2019 by Veryolduser because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I dont see it as any worse than Linda Sarsour or Bill Ayers and their political contacts. They are FAR worse than anyone in ACT.

Anywho....ACT cant be linked to anything other than being against radical Islam...sure that is going to bring crazies with it but it isnt what they are about.

Sarsour and Ayers ARE radicals and one has even been involved in bombings of government buildings....no idea how Ayers is even allowed to walk around free. Both of them have been heavily supported by political candidates and Obama.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Islam is Right About Women.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

That's a slippery slope, don't you think? You almost sound like the mob when you say that.

The mob would be correct then. Money is neither good nor bad, it's how you use it that gives purpose to it's expenditure.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Opposing Islam is virtuous and noble.

I support these people whole heartedly

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
all I can say to those upset: get over it. It works both ways a reply to: Oraculi

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
As do I.

a reply to: Breakthestreak

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
My only hope is that none of the speakers are allowed to give the OK sign.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join