It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fall of American Culture and the Joker Movie

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Gung ho Rambo

When its your children, God forbid, then come on and talk tough.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
a reply to: contextual

Really? I thought it was all the leftists complaining it would cause "incel" violence...

No, its Trump who blames video games and movies. The leftists say its all guns.

The truth, as usual, is somewhere in between.

The responses here, gung ho tough guys, is the problem with America.

They're so tough and scary

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
You lost me at "dangerous movie" they're dangerous people, places and even things, but movies... C'mon son.... It's called entertainment for a reason, it's only meant to entertain, not inform. If you don't like it dont give your money to them.

And without "tough guys" you wouldn't have the freedom to whine about any and everything that triggers you.
edit on 5-10-2019 by Oppositeoftruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Violence, violence, violence.

America loves violence.

Yet complains when the many spree killers, and serial killers, and child killers, rapists, and terrorists run amuck.

I mean, Rambo’s been done 12 times. Rocky maybe 10. The Hulk maybe 12 times by 12 different actors. Now, the real archetype and violent combination demon, the Joker, has probably eclipsed them all.

He’s the real American hero.

And people wonder why

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppositeoftruth
You lost me at "dangerous movie" they're dangerous people, places and even things, but movies... C'mon son.... It's called entertainment for a reason, it's only meant to entertain, not inform. If you don't like it dont give your money to them.

And without "tough guys" you wouldn't have the freedom to whine about any and everything that triggers you.

Oh, I like movies. And even some violent ones, once in a while.

If people don’t think these violent movies don’t have any effect on the culture's psyche…they better think twice.

I mean its water over the bridge; since Hollywood is one of the elite powers in this country and nobody will stop them from their fun. And I mean nobody

Blindly wonder on….

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Now there’s Texas chain saw massacre, Halloween, Chucky, the hockey mask guy with the knife chopping up anybody in his way.

All those are bloody, gory classics, eh guys.

Take one's children and grandmother and wife to those on a Sunday afternoon.

Then go to the mall and get

Blown away...

That’s become...

the American way...

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I shall wonder blindly in this thing called life
I don't know what wrong, nor what's right
All I'm giving is my opinion, it's how I feel
I know we all die but hopefully not as minions
Im just here for a few cheap thrills
edit on 5-10-2019 by Oppositeoftruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Have you heard about MidSommar?

Of course, it's not purely American so I guess it doesn't count. Unless it also leads to the fall of Swedish culture.

edit on 10/5/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Knock knock, anybody home in there? An epidemic of Massive spree and serial killers in America?

You've been programmed son.

Come back to reality.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Batman kinda mental.

I mean, billionaire, parents murdered in front of as a child.

Wears costumes and doles out vigilante justice.

completely normal.

^_^

edit on 5-10-2019 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
link

So now, a violent, socially meaningless, dangerous movie about the creation of the comic book villain, the anti-batman, Joker has darkened the American movie screens.

This has raised all kinds of fears in such places as the US Army and FBI.

U.S. Military Issues Warning to Troops About Incel Violence at Joker Screenings [Updated]

Here we have a pitiful story that degrades and humiliates a disabled down and out mental case that turns the guy into a monster killer, befitting, of course, the storyline of the villain in the Batman saga. So, we have another grimy, gritty, violent origin myth. As if we need to have another maniac, mass murderer Joker character in our socially diseased society of mass murderers on the lurch all over the country's landscape. How many Jokers do we have now…maybe 10?

I think this is at least the six or 7th Joker’s let loose on our society's memic violent cultural heroes or antiheroes. Starting with the actually wonderful and comical depiction of the Joker, by the great Jack Nicholson, in the Batman movie of 1989. Then there were, I believe, a few more, much more menacing and less comical, yet as murderous as ever, in later depictions in other versions, among (too many for my taste) of Batman.

Well, here we go again. But this time they're going to really create a social monster ready to kill everybody.

And then show us the etiology of how the poor guy was made so Godam crazy.

And lo and behold they even put our hero, Bruce Wayne, AKA Batman, as a youngster, in the saga who, of course, Wayns parents get murdered in a riot started by the Joker. Let's GET REVENGE IN THE SEQUAL…. Wonderful storyline for the next sequel. I mean, pretty soon they’ll have more Batman movies that Rocky movies!

So here we go again folks, another movie from Hollywood that feeds the beast.
www.imdb.com...

They told the press to shove it and kicked them out during the premiere because of all the libtard snowflake questions.

I'd assume you'd be kicked out to. Don't like it don't watch it. Pretty simple.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Not to change the subject of my own thread. I also HATE Marvel superhero movies. Not that there too violent. And guess who agrees with me but the greatest director of all time, Martin Scorsese

Scorsese Says Marvel Films Are More Like ‘Theme Parks’ Than Cinema

In fact, he won’t even deign to watch a Marvel movie in its entirety. “I tried, you know? But that’s not cinema,” he said in a recent interview with Empire magazine. “Honestly, the closest I can think of them, as well made as they are, with actors doing the best they can under the circumstances, is theme parks. It isn’t the cinema of human beings trying to convey emotional, psychological experiences to another human being.”

I know people will hate me for this but superhero movies are definitely an unAmerican

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
It's almost like a step-by-step in being played out.

A movie/book/video game/etc. comes out as they do on the regular.
Cue the chorus: This will cause violence!
Lo and behold violence happens somewhere as it does on the regular.
Cue the chorus: We knew it!
Absolutely no data exists supporting causation but what does that matter?
Cue the chorus: Here is the "solution"! We know better than you.
Cue the chorus: Here are the evil people who stand in the way of a brighter tomorrow!
Cue the chorus: Pummel the evil pro-violence nay-sayers!

Who expects me to believe this?

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Anti American Values, Anti Human Sentiment , Anti Life Itself , Who in their " Right Mind " would be Enthralled by such a Anti " Ideal " > ? Think , It's EVIL Itself Personified.............

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Haven't seen it yet, but will be sure to do so now as anything you dislike is bound to be decent.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Don't Bother , ..........I Already Channeled Gene Siskel's Ghost , PAN .

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Its got blood and murder, something that meets your immoral and twisted conservative standards.

bring a condom and nude pictures of trump and bojo

have a ball stiff

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Its got blood and murder, something that meets your immoral and twisted conservative standards.

bring a condom and nude pictures of trump and bojo

have a ball stiff

I thought moral bankruptcy was more of a celebrated leftist thing... anyhow, thanks for the very strong endorsement of the movie, pal.

edit on 5/10/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I am sorry, but blaming movies like this is a complete cop out, and you are ignoring the core problems here.

If someone is suffering from certain mental illnesses and violent thoughts, then pretty much anything could trigger that. Could be a film, music, album, person etc

I mean, Jeffrey Dahmer was turned on by watching stars wars and the chemistry between Solo and Leia. Should we ban starwars because of that? Would that sort the problem out?

Absolutly ridiculous post!

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Hinkley did it for Jodie. And that was 10 years before "Lambs."

Chapman killed Lennon because of J.D. Salinger.

edit on 10/5/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join