It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The problem of gender.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

originally posted by: JON666
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

I have always been baffled by the fact that nature evolution would have split into male and female. This system is dependent on hooking up with the same species the same group within that species. This has always seemed like a dicey way of doing reproduction. What if there was only one female and no males or males without females, a whole speice could die out without ever mating. Truly bizarre on natures part.

It must have been evolutionary beneficial.

With asexual reproduction there is no mixing. All you get are essentially clones with occasional mutations. This means there is less diversity, lowering adaption to changes in environment.

Everything from plants to animals locked into a defined male/female dependence, within a limited groups of types. Was everything asexual at one time? It would seem that there would be less chance of mutation with a self replicating asexual system.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRepublicOfCanada
(NOT humans or other animals)

Are you certain about that?

6 Surprising Animals That Can Change Sex

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

How it occurred you can't really tell from the Bible.

And then there's those other pesky conundrums like "hiding" and the omniscient one couldn't find them.

"Adam where are you and why are you wearing a fig leaf"

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

So how did hermaphrodites slip past gods radar? Maybe god fell into a deep sleep as well

wiki

Hermaphrodite DescriptionIn biology, a hermaphrodite is an organism that has complete or partial reproductive organs and produces gametes normally associated with both male and female sexes. Many taxonomic groups of animals do not have separate sexes

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
Sex and gender are not the same thing, necessarily.

If “sex” is the hardware you are born with, “gender” is the “software” you were given to operate the hardware. The two usually mesh, but occasionally they do not.

Fortunately, we are now better able to change the hardware to match the software. We do not understand the software well enough, yet, to fix it; we can’t even begin to successfully change it (hence the continued existence of terrorists and murders).

We can't change the hardware, the 'best' that can be done is for certain doctors to either remove or mutilate flesh and/or administer hormones to promote the growth of existing tissues. The body's genetics are not modified.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Why is there a gender problem. Is it interfering with your safety or ability to live a functional life? Is there a danger to you or your family? Are your civil rights being violated? Why is there a gender problem.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Some even have two penises or vaginas.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I don't have a problem with them.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   

You do realise gender/sex is also present in animals and insects, right? Even more so, we see natural "gender change" in certain plant species (NOT humans or other animals) and even asexual reproduction.

Afrikan male lions can also become bisexual at times, and keep being or return to being straight only, it has been known for a long while i think

edit on 6-10-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I explained this already in this thread.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Malisa

You do realise gender/sex is also present in animals and insects, right? Even more so, we see natural "gender change" in certain plant species (NOT humans or other animals) and even asexual reproduction.

Afrikan male lions can also become bisexual at times, and keep being or return to being straight only, it has been known for a long while i think

Bisexuality is a choice. It means it doesn't matter to you whether you have sex with the same sex, usually driven by lust.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

originally posted by: Malisa

Bisexuality is a choice. It means it doesn't matter to you whether you have sex with the same sex, usually driven by lust.

Wait but if that's a choice, it means you know about your self and what you want, then are lions self aware at that level?

Lions can be in a group as they always are and they still become bisexual, what are they using as criteria at that point?

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

Without an intelligence, what are the odds we came to be male and female?

If the whole male and female phenomenon had anything to do with a higher intelligence, then why did they give males nipples?

Doesn't make any sense, does it?

Nipples are sexual stimuli for both males and females, so they serve a purpose in human reproduction. That's one thing anyway. Maybe there are other purposes we don't understand, as yet, who knows?

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1
Every human embryo (as well as all mammals) starts off female in the womb...... that is why males have nipples.

edit on 6-10-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

This fact defies the bibliographic timeline, where man came first. A religion, by the way, invented and dominated by men. By men, it seems, who are only too happy to partake in a little bisexuality themselves, with each other and the juvenile choirboys.

Now, let’s get back to the religious bloke preaching about the right and wrongs of sex.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
A wise fool once said this:

"Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid."' George Carlin

"Men were made to he understood, not loved."-Me(Originally Oscar Wilde's but it makes sense)

edit on 6-10-2019 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2019 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TerraLiga

Are you saying woman came first, or are you just full of #?
edit on 6-10-2019 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
What about Lilth? She was Adam's first wife an made at the same time as him, and isnt mentioned in most religious canons.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

It could be anything really, I wasn't there when it happened last time I looked.

I do like to stick to the idea of God, the Creator and this being a deliberate creation.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I believe there are certain animals that do indeed change gender. Certain species of fish come to mind. Very interesting.

Edit: As I see another poster also pointed out.

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk
Are you certain about that?

6 Surprising Animals That Can Change Sex

edit on 10-10-2019 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join