It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homecoming Prank Depicting Slave Master Under Investigation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Just be grateful the other lad didn't black up. I think the internet would break.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
It would be clearly racial if the guy getting whipped was saying. "My name Kunta, Kunta Keentay!" While the guy with the whip was responding with. "You name Toby." Otherwise, it seems like they were mocking the popular image of a master/slave relationship.

Was it a racist joke or was it a statement about the public's perception that slavery was all about white people whipping black slaves?
edit on 5-10-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
if you see something that offends you and you react to it.

You have lost, you gave (someting) power over you.

Can anyone show me in the bill of rights or the Constituion

the right to not be offended?

if there is not a right to be offended then why would anyone

willing, give power to that which bothers you.

Trolling would not be a thing.

so yeah be offend and weak.

I'm not offended by words, deeds mean so much more.

Like with president Trump, he offends the left, and I am glad.

he is rash, brassy, clashes with lots.

the left is not used to people standing up to them.

You Should fear the left, not laugh at it..

I do laugh at them, lots and often.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

"All lives matter" was only a phrase in response to "BLM". Basically white people being jelous that they aren't in the conversation.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Soo...

This was made public by a poster who didn't even go to that school. The person in the video had friends who commented on that same post saying it wasn't what they claimed it was and they weren't racist types. Unfortunately they were still suspended because... stoopid people ranted

Now... I have a few questions:

- Did the "slave" say "yesa massa"?
- Did the "slave" pretend to be black?
- Did the "slave" pretend to be a slave?

No... Not That I was able to see in the video

- Did the "master" say "I'ma beat you black and blue, you ugly #^&&@! for not picking my cotton"!
- Did the "master" pretend to be a slave owner?
- Did the "master" pretend to whip a "slave"?

No... Not that I was able to see in the video

So what did the video depict?

- A kid with a piece of grass in his mouth and a hat holding a whip attempting twice to make the end of the whip snap on another kids back.

Does this show anything to do with racism? Not even the slightest unless there was something not caught on video that we're not seeing. It looked like one kid was dumb enough to see if the other kid could snap the whip on his back to cause any 'sting'.

He wasn't WHIPPING the other kid. Don't you know the difference?

Maybe the kid with the whip was raised a little more country and he dressed that way. A whip was a very common thing in my family when I was a kid!!! Did we own slaves? No... We owned cattle! Next, people will call me racist because we owned cattle. Some of those were black... some black and white. Does it matter? No.... We used a whip, so we're racist and some of those cattle were black!

Some of you people will jump on a band wagon just so you'll have something to grandstand about or just for the sake of joining a side that's 'supposed' to be changing the world for the better when you're only causing strife and disorderly conduct. Some would even consider that 'inciting a riot'.

Unless you can point out ONE SINGLE THING that appears to be racist in that video... I'll say that you're trying to pointlessly cause strife and inciting hatred for no reason at all.

ETA:

As per the story

Most students observed Country vs. Country Club day by dressing in flannel shirts, jeans and cowboy hat to represent "country" or tennis skirts, sun visors and sweaters tied around their necks to represent "country club."

Man... Some people should just be punchslapped !
edit on 5-10-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Krakatoa

Bad behavoir? Yes

Racist? Hardly

For sure... You could put an eye out what that thing!

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I got a whip when I was a kid because I thought it was cool after seeing Indiana Jones.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

"All lives matter" was only a phrase in response to "BLM". Basically white people being jelous that they aren't in the conversation.

You did not answer the question.
Try again.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Do all lives matter? No, only green lives matter.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Do all lives matter? No, only green lives matter.

Is that what those bumper stickers that say think green mean?

As far as the kids so what. They can be as offensive as they want its a free society at least for now.

The mistake is the media even giving this air time me thinks there is an agenda here
edit on 10/6/19 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   
lame. white privilege precludes us from being jealous....cuz after all...we are so lucky and privileged. jeesh

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The only thing racist about this is in the eyes of the observer.

Country vs Country. Ok, maybe to them it meant country as in country bumpkin type of person hence the straw hat. Maybe it was a dad who got a switch to discipline his son, or perhaps they were just mocking that "hillbilly" notion.

That single event between two white kids is not racist. If the one getting whipped was wearing black face or chains or a noose, maybe you could make a good argument for it. As it is, much ado about nothing.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

ha! white people! always need to be a part of the equation. what did they ever do? build nations? societies? success? pssshhh. impossible, technology ? tavel? commerce? but i wonder what will happen if i dont like the numbers to support my argument then i have to apologise??. white women are worse....more privileged they are im sure. we will see who did what with stats.
edit on 7-10-2019 by AnrkE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
If this was a certain western religious school, they could said they were re enacting the crucifixion.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
When are we going to stop following the carrots they dangle in front of our noses? When are we going to wake up and realize that they are not leading us to a good place?

Young children today, Black or White, don't know that much about slavery, outside of what they see from what is produced in Hollywood or spread through the internet.

If the media wasn't hyping this, we wouldn't even be talking about it.

Children do stupid things, I can guarantee you that we are putting a hundred times more thought into this than they did.

I ran this past three of my Black friends and all three said they did not find what these children did offensive. They said is was silly, attention seeking, not very smart, but none felt personally affected by their behavior.

We are being played folk. Time to pull the plug on this madness.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
So I don't understand the outrage:

Theme was County vs Country Club.

Most of the kids decided to just dress up in either country or country club attire.... ok makes sense.

These kids decided to depict County vs Country Club in a more edgy and satirical way by creating a scene where "Country Club" is seen subjugating "Country". Which makes sense as it can be argued that the Rich do try to and are perhaps are successful at subjugating the rest of us.

On the face of it what is wrong with that massaging?

Even if the two students where depicting a plantation owner vs a real physical slave; why is that inherently racist?

Did the kids somehow mention that they where taking the side of the plantation owner and I missed it. Maybe the plantation owner is the villain in their skit? And if that's true is their skit still racist?

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I think its funny people believe they have the right to punish people because they got their feeling hurt. Part of being a free society is protecting everyones speech. If you agree with it really doesnt need protecting does it?

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AnrkE

Not sure what your point is. BLM was a movement to point out injustices for black folks. It didn't mean only black lives matter or discounting any other race. It was a movement against injustices.

All lives matter was a phrase that came in response to BLM. It was basically discounting their movement by rolling up all human and cultural issues into one.

Which only served to discount any claims of discrimination.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

a reply to: AnrkE

Not sure what your point is. BLM was a movement to point out injustices for black folks. It didn't mean only black lives matter or discounting any other race. It was a movement against injustices.

All lives matter was a phrase that came in response to BLM. It was basically discounting their movement by rolling up all human and cultural issues into one.

Which only served to discount any claims of discrimination.

Read both of your sentences with the word ''discounting'' in it. Find any irony?? Also read the sentence you wrote the word ''discount'' in. isnt the phrase ''all lives matter'' the absolute opposite of discrimination? Is on the endless list of things that i cant say or think? im gonna need a secretary and an office to keep an extensive file. I will save you the trouble....It doesnt discount and claims against discrimination........Unless against me, but meh, that dont count right?

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

edit on 8-10-2019 by AnrkE because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join