It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misterspock movie review.... Stuber

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   
These reviews are getting old, it seems that now it's a two pronged approach to something as simple as watching a movie.

I remember seeing "poor" reviews on this, even though the trailer looked ok.

I debated watching it, so I checked out RT and was pleasantly surprised by a high(ish) user rating and a wide gap to the low "access media" aka "shill" reviews. So I gave it a go.

It was a good pairing for a comedic action duo and the jokes were mild but landed more times than not. It was an enjoyable "romp" that was amusing enough for it's duration. Sure, it hit on a bunch of tropes that usual mismatched "buddy comedies" do while throwing in a bit of action.

Overall, I found it to be a good watch, well worth a rental if you just want to have a few laughs, munch on some popcorn and enjoy movies of old(as entertainment).

I don't know why everyone that reviews stuff these days(the AM/shills) are so damn miserable and have to have every movie pander to some deep "political" or "social" message meant to resonate for decades to come in it's profound wisdom on the ailments of society. It's getting old watching them fall into their little chasm of unearned relevancy. It's been boiling for awhile, but I(and many others) are truly at a point where "professional" movie reviews mean absolutely nothing. This movie, though just a light hearted bit of laughs and action, is just another milestone in their irrelevancy.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Did this Movie show Boob?

That's all that really matters.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I for the last 10 years or so look at the official reviews and use them as the canary in the coal mine...

If the "pro" reviewers say it sucks then I'll rent it and am pleasantly surprised about 70% of the time.

If they say it's "meh" then I'll wait till it's on Amazon Prime and am pleasantly surprised about 50% of the time...

If they say it's the second coming of Jesus I'll wait till it's free and I'm disappointed about 90% of the time.

They just don't really make good movies anymore.

I'll give this one a go and thanks for the review!

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

Click me boob man

Everything you want to know.

Lol

P

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I watched it the other day and thought it was below average. An easy 4/10. I find Kumail Nanjiani to be particularly unfunny. The only time I've laughed at anything he's in is Silicon Valley and that is down to Gilfoyle's relentless digs at Dinesh. Dave Bautista is as wooden as they come in this, his acting is awful. His lines were delivered like someone reading from a teleprompter although I thought he was decent in Blade Runner and Guardians of the Galaxy where he's playing characters that lack emotion. Whoever thought that these two would make a good 'comedy' duo were sorely mistaken and the whole movie comes off like a stepping stone pay day for the two. I would not recommend this film at all except to those who are die hard fans of these two actors.

top topics

join