It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IS THIS FOR REALZ!!!! "zawaj al-mutaa” or “pleasure marriage”

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: odzeandennz

And atheists don’t abuse anyone

Marriage, who gets married anymore, what’s the big deal to atheists, judging the religious for standards atheists don’t even have

It seems strange in a Christian culture based on Christian morality but Muslims are not christian
Pagans have short length marriages, a year or two I am sure, it’s there belief it’s ok, who decides what is right or wrong for them?

This whole thread is a farce
It’s ok for gays to get married but then it’s not ok for short term marriage, what a joke.
Who defines marriage?

That’s a real question
Who defines marriage

Wow with all due respect there is something seriously wrong with your thought process if you see no difference in a man and child confirming verbally with one another that for the length of the following fellatio or intercourse, the child is a wife of the man's to morally sanction the act of getting his rocks off and two adult men or women marrying for what they plan to be a long period of time or even when the bride is 16 or 17 and the relationship somewhat healthy (ie a 19 and 17 yes old let's say whose intent it is to stay married and when the 17 year olds parents have agreed to the union...even if marrying before 20 IMHO is stupid as can be). One is exploiting and raping a child for the sake of orgasm. The other is the intended long-term monogamous pairingnof two people with expected mutual benefit.

Ah ok, sorry, wasn’t thinking child brides
That’s pretty disgraceful

My mistake

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman
No, pagans do not have short length marriages. I mean some might, but no more than anyone else. Fidelity is important to many pagans. Our best pagan friends, were married for life. He died of cancer, and she never remarried or dated, and followed him a few years later.Their marriage was over 40 years that I know of. They were older than us.
Many pagans believe in handfasting lasting a year & a day. During that time pagans might live together and have sex, and after that time, they may get married or they may go their separate ways. I never knew either of them stray, even after his death.

My husband and I handfasted a year and a day, got married, and are going on 30 years married, and to my knowledge neither of us has ever had sex out of wedlock since.

Others call marriage itself handfasting.
We tie the hands. I noticed that when Prince William got married to Kate, they binded their hands in a Christian ceremony.
Many US pagans use the same exact wedding vows that Christians use.
Of course most change them some.
At our wedding, the main difference was we asked the Goddess and God to bless our Union, and the part about obeying was left out. I was getting married, not enslaved.

Christians and US pagans have much in common. We are conservative and we are liberal. Most of our customs are largely the same, especially where it matters in getting along.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: hadriana

No
No that’s not true
I know some pagans who entered into a three year marriage
Sorry if you think I am lying, no need to, itnis what it is.
It was 3 year marriage, call it a trial marriage, hand bind whatever but it wasn’t a permanent contract, it was based on moons or suns or something, don’t remember

I am not questioning you, congratulations, 30 years of marriage fantastic, pagan, Hindu, Muslim or christian that’s great but
Some pagans marry for 3 years, it’s a contract, they might even stay married longer, I know the initial ceremony was for a three year covenant.
Deny if you like, not my problem and I realise not all pagans are the same

I am not discussing handfasting, prince and princesses, dead people and staying committed after a partner dies, wasn’t up for discussion and I don’t deny any of that, it’s not relevant, nor is your situation

Obeying in the Christian ceremony is not about slavery, both husband and wife are called to obey, nowhere are Christians called allowed to be anything less than loving to their partners never mind other people of their own or other beliefs.

Strangely Jews could say “I divorce you” three times and divorce was granted. I am not saying anyone is doing anything wrong, just repeating what I heard about

It’s in your head
edit on 8-10-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman
Everything I said is true to my knowledge. I have been pagan almost 40 years, and I have seen one couple who were polyamorous, and it didn't last. Others I have seen with long engagements or short msrriages that didn't work, just like anyone else.
I have never seen a 3 year contract. I have known many US pagans in the deep South and up to Salem, where my husband lived when young.
I am not saying it didn't happen, but I have never seen it or even encountered it in literature.
The problem with being pagan is that there is no authoritative source on it, and people with wild imaginations seeded by monotheism or Hollywood always try define you as absurdly weird or satanic.

edit on 8-10-2019 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: hadriana

Yes because monotheism only seeds evil of course, we Christians are evil, I get it.

Hadrian, you are an adult, pagan, worship teenage mutant ninja turtles for all that matters to m, marry anyone you like or everyone, for 1 year or forever.
It’s your decision.
I as a Christian am asked to marry one woman, treat her well and live as lovingly as possible. Many Christians fail at that because this world is broken, bad things happen, people lie, cheat are broken or just selfish.

It’s not like I am telling you you are right or wrong, that your choice is worse or better, what I believe is different to you and I think I am right, simple, no judgement

I heard of a pagan couple entering into a short term marriage, both husband and wife were happy, that’s it
It might work, it might not. Good luck to them, hope they love each other, the marriage lasts and they are still happy, they have many offspring that they learn to love and adore their kids

As for horrible monotheists, sorry, we can be

I will add this Hadrian, I wasn’t overwhelmed by the couple
What struck me is they seemed from my opinion to be entering this short term marriage as a reaction to Christianity and people marrying “forever”. Almost like they were saying, “we are pagans and we don’t care about traditional religious marriage views”. My problem, they were marrying not because of love but in rebellion to common held views on marriage.
Anyway I do hope the best for them and they truly love and value each other.
I do know most pagans value commitment love and relationship

I don’t know if it was a one off (I thought it was) or a common thing, didn’t really dwell on it to be honest
All the best

edit on 8-10-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join