It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are U.S. arms sales to Saudis actually Intended for use by the USA in case of war with Iran?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I watched a couple of videos of Saudi Arabian “soldiers” fleeing in utter panic from Houthis and surrendering en mass. The Saudis were wearing civilian garb and looked more like guerrillas than regulars.

This got me wondering how the Saudis could possibly use all the high-tech weaponry we’ve been selling them. Everything I’ve heard about their performance against the Houthis indicates general incompetence and a lack of morale and confidence.

It doesn’t make sense for the Saudis to spend tens of billions on weapons they can’t properly use. Unless, that is, they serve as a propositioned stockpile for U.S. personnel. U.S. contractors already maintain a lot of high-tech Saudi gear, keeping it in readiness for war. And as we saw in the first war against Iraq, the kingdom has massive, well-equipped air bases allowing rapid deployment of personnel from the United States and Europe. Every bit of Saudi equipment that’s waiting for airlifted soldiers to use gets them ready for battle that much sooner. They can get in the fight soon after arrival while their own gear is still en route and not expected for weeks.

This isn’t an original idea; I’ve heard similar theories. It just seemed more believable after watching those videos. The Saudis aren’t fighters, and their leaders know it. It makes sense for them to invest heavily in weaponry for foreigners who know how to use it.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

No. It's just a boondoggle. Wasteful spending is thy military's real name.

edit on 4-10-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Are U.S. arms sales to Saudis actually Intended for use by the USA in case of war with Iran?

One second, let me as Yemen if they know.......

They said nah.
edit on 4-10-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Unlikely. US soldiers already have established supply lines.

Doing it the way that you suggest would require a significant policy shift, which would have been leaked by now.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace
Everything I’ve heard about their performance against the Houthis indicates general incompetence and a lack of morale and confidence.

They just need a little more Wahhabism. That **** will make you do all kinds of nutty stuff in hopes of getting your virgins.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That **** will make you do all kinds of nutty stuff in hopes of getting your virgins.

Like eat an Allah Snackbar.... More nuts than a Payday.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

More like fly a holographic plane into the Pentagon.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

More like fly a holographic plane into the Pentagon.

One of the many side effects of those unhealthy snacks.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I like the Saudis, they are always watching our back...….and waiting for the opportune time to stick the knife in.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I like the Saudis, they are always watching our back...….and waiting for the opportune time to stick the knife in.

We have to make sure they receive the checks to keep us on our toes.

Think of them as a friendly watchdog.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I mostly think of them while I'm taking a dump. Scumbags that they are, we should have cut them off decades ago.

edit on 4-10-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I mostly think of them while I'm taking a dump. Scumbags that they are, we should have cut them off decades ago.

They're on a long list of scumbags who need to be cut off.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Oh they have millions of people of all of varying education levels..

Tat said I have heard the real reason we provide them hi tech weapons is then we own them..

Those things take a crazy amount of maintenance and replacement parts.. parts they cannot replicate..

So sure they could use them in a way we didn’t want for 6 months or so... but after that most would be scrap iron unless we give them the parts to fix them..

And they know that too so no need to fear the 6 months part..

Plus you get to sell them those parts at exorbitant rates.

Kinda shady, but not as bad as it seems on its face value.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

That's a very good question. I don't know the answer.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I was in Rhiayd and agree...bunch of turds that should be herding camels but for oil. They despise the west, but hearda milliln stories of the state airplane returning loaded with booze, drugs and white women slaves.

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

No. It's just a boondoggle. Wasteful spending is thy military's real name.

So , in your reality only , the selling of excess (and in most cases , outdated) military equipment to a foreign nation is wasteful spending ?
You didn't think before you posted , did you ?

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Selling equipment to other countries is a boondoggle? How exactly does that work? How is it wasteful spending if Saudi Arabia buys new F-15s?

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

The US already has equipment stored and ready for use in the region, as well as in Europe. Nothing to do with selling equipment to other countries.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny
Actually, that makes perfect sense... It's like selling someone a car in which can only be serviced or maintained by you. Not to mention, if someday we do end up raging war against them, we know their systems intimately.

top topics

join