It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Mass Extinction Unearthed, making current one 7th - Humans Next?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
www.nyu.edu...

Researchers Unearth “New” Extinction

Sep 09, 2019 · 2019 September News Release News Release. Researchers Unearth “New” Extinction. Sep 9, 2019. Engineering, Science and Technology. Research Arts and Science. New York City. A team of scientists has concluded that earth experienced a previously underestimated severe mass-extinction event, which occurred about 260 million years ago

While scientists had been saying we're currently experiencing Earth's 6th Mass Extinction event, now all that may have to be updated to read 7th.

As the 6th was only 260M years ago. Well that's long ago to humans.

Might Earth's 7th extinction also include us?

medium.com...

Will Humans Survive the 7th Great Extinction?

These changes are extreme and in the scope of humanity’s uprising (against the planet), they are transformative beyond time scales which we are likely to experience.

In the past half-billion years, Earth has been hit again and again by mass extinctions, wiping out most species on the planet.
However this time it’s not an Earth-modulated mass extinction event. That is, it’s more like an extermination.

I find it very peculiar that we don’t take responsibility as a species for what we have done and continue to do.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: tulsi

We will be rejected from this planet as a species if we do not learn to play nice.

Although, we might be able to survive a bit longer in some sort of unholy form, locked inside a bunker
or floating in a tin can somewhere in space.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
You are going to get flamed, roasted, and fried....see you in the mudpit, which is where anything even approaching climate change winds up.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Well, the Earth passes through the Taurids meteor stream twice a year (June & November) so just a matter of time before we get smacked again by an ELE sized one.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
in case you havent realized we are 2 legged versions of cockroaches, we were nearly wiped out during an ice age and rebounded strongly given time we can adapt to almost any living condition.

At this point we need to point some of that money set aside to combat climate change and be ready with tech to help us adapt before its to late.

As things stand now no politician on the planet has a halfway decent idea for combating climate change, that wouldn't trigger a mass die off anyways while making themselves ultra rich.

I do not think it is all man made climate change, I think we are also in a natural cycle and the odds of us being able to force mother nature to change with out massive unintended side effects are between slim and none and slim got shot.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Or maybe we should destroy all tech, and you know, stuff, it is the very thing that got us in this trouble,

I am saying, like, it was a bad call to climb down from the trees, man.

It really was.

Besides, if we continue to anger the spirit, it can create a virus or a bacteria that will wipe us out in a week.
edit on 3-10-2019 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

the inter-national families that rule the world, are all preparing for such events. they are going to survive.

the problem is, they keep stealing our money, to protect themselves, and live on private islands, own all the land, keep warz going just to keep them insanely wealthy.

i think it would cost usa 3-6 billion, to re-do the electrical grid to protect against electromagnetic pulses. that is nothing, compared to the cost each month paid for internati0nalist warz.

there is no profit in protecting cattle.
there is only value for protecting the interests of the 'chosen' few.
the are self proclaimed, rulers of the world.
edit on 3-10-2019 by dantanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Humans are killing off most of the life on the planet. Deal with it.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

Protection of the Electrical grid would cost a lot more than that, first we would have to rebuild it so it wasn't atrocious then we would have to harden it which is not easy.

Even the military only "hardens" certain aspects of electrical systems because it isn't easy.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
You are going to get flamed, roasted, and fried....see you in the mudpit, which is where anything even approaching climate change winds up.

How bad can it be? It can't be worse than living in New Jersey already!

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

260 million years
maybe a lot lot nearer our time than you think www.cia.gov...
The Adam and eve story declassified ! worth a read
www.stolenhistory.org...

edit on 3/10/2019 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Hmm...at this point I think I would welcome it. As has been evidenced ad nauseam - and seeing how the early 21st century is merely a parodic rerun of all the worst episodes of the 20th century all at once - humanity will continually fail to learn from past mistakes. So what is the point of going on? We've reached the confluence of technology and tyranny to the point that ensures that no human shall ever again be free under the sun. Bring on the end, I say. I just hope it's swift.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Not necessarily. I find that Michael Spencer starting one of his articles off with "So" is more annoying than the overplayed global warming stuff. I, personally, don't believe in global warming as the changes are natural and the solar activity is about go on vacation for the next 45 years so it's a good thing we heated up almost a degree.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I was a carbon denier...but the actual science is too compelling to ignore. The problem i have is the Al Gores and Hollyweird types telling me what to do while they all jet set around.

I think a ME event is inevitable...no way can earth sustain us human viruses for too long.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
We are all going to die someday. If we keep poisoning the environment we will suffer more before we die. That chemistry that is put into the environment also effects man. Maybe it is generally recognized as safe in moderate consumption, but they spray everything, our bodies cannot properly detox that much. Same with the animals, they are swamped in unnatural chemicals. Even a natural chemical is unnatural if there is way too much of it in the environment.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Why you think Musk is rushing to get us off this planet..
They know something

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I'm a misanthrope so the sooner the planet can get rid of the lot of you all the better.

I kid.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: HanyManny
Humans are killing off most of the life on the planet. Deal with it.

There is 330,000+ species of beetles alone so I guess we better pick up the pace.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
If we're all just part of the evolutionary chain, why fight it?

"Humanity sucks, but screw you guys, I wanna live!"

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I've been saying it for years, there is no massive man-made global warming, just cyclical, natural warming and cooling dependent on what the Sun feels like doing. And volcanoes, of course. But the press allows charletons to get away with selling snake oil while living in their energy-burning mansions and flying in energy-wasting tin cans and telling us to give them millions of dollars or suffer catastrophic flooding and droughts. Bull. I'm so sick of the lies that they're getting away with. Worse yet are the fools that believe them. Their lives must suck.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join