It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Olive Branch...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I've been a long time lurker of ATS, and only recently (ish) been commenting on threads here. This is my first attempt at creating a thread myself so please be gentle folks...

Today is, much like any day, full of challenges and division. However I believe we all feel the ever increasing fervor of rhetoric on all sides and many feel forced to choose a side and fiercely show their allegence. I have found myself swept up more than once in the enternal howl of humanity, trying to stake my claim of "rightness" and squash those who I disagree with.
As of late the tone has shifted, or maybe it changed a while ago and we just haven't noticed, but things are quickly reaching a point of irreconcilable differences between the many sides that want to make their voices heard.
Are we not men? Have we lost our civility? Can we still discuss with any decorum of mutual respect? I fear we are losing the ability to respectfully disagree on any issue and have devolved to something lower than ourselves. Are we not neighbors, co-workers friends, family? I'm sure there will be those of you who will ridicule me for my words, but I ask that we take a step back and reflect on who we are. We are all motivated by our own desires to create the best world we can as best we can see it. That should bring us together not drive us apart.
For those who are sharpening your pitchforks, remember there are good men and women on all sides. Don't let the talking heads control you. Those who watch cnn, fox, youtubers, don't let those voices be your voice.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Are you willing to negotiate away your Constitutional Rights? If the answer is no then sadly you can only vote one way.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   
That viewpoint is exactly my point. It is NOT a one side has all the right or all the wrong. Do you forget we the people, not our leaders have the power? It's how we live our lives daily, most just are too caught up to see...

a reply to: Metallicus

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

In a way, I agree.

Just don't mess with the Bill of Rights or the Constitution.

Other than that?

Go crazy and do whatever you want!

. . . . As long as it doesn't infringe upon the rights of others.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   

No, no, and no.

We cannot have a civil discussion with one side who thinks their opinions are facts. You can't have a civil discussion with one side who takes every criticism and flips right back whether its true or not. You can't have a civil discussion with one side who has not respect for the minority opinion. You can't have a civil discussion with one side who never takes responsibility for anything in public policy regardless if they were in the majority when a bill was passed.

Who cares, politics really don't matter much. People are going to buy cars and gasoline. People are going to shop at grocery stores. People are going to copulate and have babies.

Civil discourse is NOT going to change anything. The billionaires in power like everything exactly the way it is now. Money equals representation. NOTHING will change.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

No, no, and no.

We cannot have a civil discussion with one side who thinks their opinions are facts. You can't have a civil discussion with one side who takes every criticism and flips right back whether its true or not. You can't have a civil discussion with one side who has not respect for the minority opinion. You can't have a civil discussion with one side who never takes responsibility for anything in public policy regardless if they were in the majority when a bill was passed.

Who cares, politics really don't matter much. People are going to buy cars and gasoline. People are going to shop at grocery stores. People are going to copulate and have babies.

Civil discourse is NOT going to change anything. The billionaires in power like everything exactly the way it is now. Money equals representation. NOTHING will change.

you just typed this whole rant, yet no one stopped you from posting, not a rich guy, or a poor guy. not an ATS MOD, not a NSA lackey

yet you just typed how horrible it is the only the rich get a voice, with your own voice....

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   

When you have one side that says things like, "We can not be civil", and, "There will be no peace", its hard to reconcile differences and move forward. Further, the left weaponizes these differences and uses them to force confirmation of their narratives. Either you agree with them or your are publicly shamed as a racist, nazi, bigot, whatever-phobe, hater. Differing opinion is now a reason to be attacked, vilified, and socially excommunicated.

Don't you just love the party of tolerance and acceptance?

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Decency died when one side decided that it was better to make the other side upset at all costs.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   
IMHO this divide solidified in the 2000 election when they came up with the red vs blue scheme. Since then the divide has goten more and more polarized.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Perhaps I've asked too much of people...
do you think the words you've said could describe yourself? Drawing lines in the sand and outright dismissing others as wrong based on what? The voices on tv told you and you listened? Or maybe the voices in your head?

I agree the "elites" want us the way we are, that's why I suggest we be better.

a reply to: dfnj2015

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Matter asks Anti matter for an olive branch

Anti matter agrees so long as they stay away from each other

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

It's a freefall now. The best we can hope for is a quick arrival to the absolute bottom. Only then will things improve.

Hard truth.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

It All come Down to a Simple Question with a Simple Answer . " Are you For or Against the Democratic Republic of the United States Of America ? Those who would Refuse to Answer that Question would be held " Suspect ' in Most Patriotic American Citizens Minds .

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   
If you are wise enough to see all the faults on of theirs, can you not grow above it? If you are better, why not show it?

a reply to: links234

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
That viewpoint is exactly my point. It is NOT a one side has all the right or all the wrong. Do you forget we the people, not our leaders have the power? It's how we live our lives daily, most just are too caught up to see...

a reply to: Metallicus

You are correct in a way.
Yet , this is a Constitutional Republic and not a Democratic mob rule.
Any violation of the Constitution of the United States of America is treason.
Do you really want to submit to treason ?

The Constitution is what is at stake here.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Too many people are Hell-bent on a one party system 😎

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I have one criteria; less taxes. I vote every year the same way. Whoever offers tax cuts for my income bracket gets my vote.

No division here. If Pee Wee Herman is running and lowers my taxes he gets my vote.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Too many people are Hell-bent on a one party system 😎

Tell me about it.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Nice Thread!

Too many are consumed by MSM talking points and motives.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

No, no, and no.

You don’t say

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join