It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe the only way to eradicate rape, domestic violence and child molestation???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I know starting things off by saying, “I do not mean to victim blame” is almost always bad, but sometimes I don’t think there are any good answers... well atleast any good AND realistic answers..

Concerning issues such as rape, child molestation or domestic violence , I’m not sure we should be as ok with people keeping their attacks a secret as we are... how many rapes, molestations, beatings and even murders would never have happened if their previous victim came forward???

Countless.....

(Also I would like to clarify I do not mean for the questionable cases.. I am talking about the times the crimes are egregious enough where the perpetrators knew exactly what they were doing..

Rapists= any time the person is passed out or says no.

Domestic violence = cases where the perpetrator beat the hell out of the victim. Obviously trying to cause serious bodily harm... not pushing matches or what have you..

Child molestation = anything short of the Romeo and Juliette clause stuff.. where it is a 16 and 20 year old and consensual. )

The way I see it. There are only 2 people who can stop the VAST majority of the crimes I listed..

The attacker and the victim.. there is almost never anyone else to intervene or act as a witness to speak for the victim.

So That’s it... there is no one else who really can, and we know for damn sure it is crazy to expect a rapist/wife beater or child molester to stop themselves?!?!?!

So that only leaves the victim... which is not fair and sucks just as hard as it can.. but it does not change the brass tax of it all..

Of course the victim SHOULDN’T have to do anything they do not want to after an attack..

But what you have to do and what you should have had to do are rarely the same thing... and it doesn’t change the fact that if they do not speak up. The criminal will almost certainly make more victims.. Is their no responsibility for a victim to stop future attacks???

Even when they are literally the only person on planet earth who could have?!?!

Now there are some MAJOR disclaimers to this.. such as a child or victim trapped in a home with their attacker.. or in some other situation where they could be harmed before anyone else intervened.. obviously that changes the dynamic completely, But the situations where safety wasn’t a concern really just the emotional aspects stop them from reporting the crime..

I don’t know that potential shame is enough justification to be quiet when it almost certainly means another person will be assaulted..

Which IS NOT FAIR... but I doubt the next victim is gonna think the previous victim keeping quiet was fair either..

I think as a society we are just being silly expecting the intangible community at large to “raise your sons better” or “address rape culture” ...

Imho that makes about as much objective sense as “think outside the box..”

It sounds good, but means nothing.. because there is no way to enforce that universally.. nor does anyone want that much oversight in our lives.. but most importantly NO ONE HAS A TRAINING MANUAL TO DO THAT SUCCESSFULLY... even in the individual cases..

So here are the three options as I see them..

1. the attacker decides to stop or turn themselves in... aka never ever gonna happen broad scale , never ever period..
2. Society as a whole takes rape way more seriously, UNIVERSALLY follows some strict regimented plan in raising young males not to rape, beat and molest.. something that no society to my knowledge has even come within a light year of achieving.. could it work?? Maybe in a few thousand years.. Which requires millions of people totally unconnected to the crime to treat their lives as if everyone is personally connected to a crime.. maybe not impossible, but I don’t see it working in our life times.
3. Victims report the crimes and they are prosecuted to the fullest.. atleast that way there are WAY less repeat offenders.. and we stop giving drug offenders more time than violent offenders obviously.. violent crime COSTS money to solve.. traffic and drug crime though... well that pays real well..

Society as a whole would like for men to fix these issues since in the vast majority of cases they are the ones at fault..

But the only man who can actually control a rapist/wife beater or child molester BEFORE HE IS CONVICTED, is the offender...

His best friend doesn’t control him...

His parents don’t control him..

Only he does..

But do you know what would work.. fast and in a hurry???

What would likely either completely or nearly completely erase all of those things???

If they never ever got a date again... the vast majority of males are primarily drive by sex.. .. doubly so with young men.

If the fact that you had been convicted of rape, beating the hell out of your wife or molesting a child meant no woman who knew that would EVER touch you again.....

I bet it is nearly bred out of the species in a few generations..

A flaw humanity has had since the dawn of humanity, gone in less than a century..

Is it fair women would have to clean up a mess they didn’t make????

Absolutely not..

But is anyone really thrilled about sleeping with a child molester, rapist or wife beater???

I doubt ANY are if emotions are removed..

But what if they are the only ones who could fix the problem..

What if pretty much everyone else in society is powerless to stop them before they commit the crime AND the victim comes forward???

I think women underestimate how much power they have in being the “chooser” in mate selection on the species as a whole.

edit on 2-10-2019 by JustJohnny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Good luck. Victims are "liars" here. Unless the accused isn't a Republican or sports icon.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

He said she said situations are super crazy...

It is fair to be put off by it..

It is the ONE case society CANNOT rely on innocent until proven guilty, and that inherently feels icky...

But I see no other way..

Yes, you do have to INITIALLY believe all women.. you don’t have to keep believing them once their story is proven to be false, but you have to give them the benefit of the doubt rather than the accused... which is counter to every other crime on the books..

But if you give the accused the normal “innocent until proven guilty, benefit of the doubt”.. there are ONLY rape convictions in the cases of a stranger raping someone.

All date rape type stuff is never prosecuted..

So honestly I understand the grey area of it all.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Castration. Period.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny
One problem with believing all women is there aren't any legal repercussions when accusations are proven false as it is.

A single accusation carries too much weight to just ignorantly believe. Even when later proven false the lives are ruined forever. The case gets dismissed and that is the end, unless you are the accused. You still carry the stigma, even when proven innocent. Until the law is that an accuser proven false is punishable by the same penalty as the accused crime, we can't just believe anybody.

I live in a smallish town, this exact scenario happened here, and the accused family business collapsed and they have been blackballed out of town. Shame because they were good people.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
Castration. Period.

My hubby agrees with you, but I'm not so sure. I might prefer drugs and psych investigation and maybe lockup. I mean really, should we not investigate testosterone and it's effects further?

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Another way to combat “rape culture”:
MASS islamic immigration.

If rape isn’t illegal, then there’s no problem. Inshallah

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

Then murder must be made legal because do you really think women will just take it?
edit on 110CDT11America/Chicago026111131 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Then murder must be made legal because do you really think women will just take it?

In EVERY islamic country, women who are raped most definitely ‘take it’.

If they didn’t, they face being prosecuted. And then executed. Horribly.

But I’m just derailing the thread. Sorry.

I do agree that murdering ones rapist, even years after the fact, even if the rapist has ‘done his time’, should be absolutely legal.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I do agree that murdering ones rapist, even years after the fact, even if the rapist has ‘done his time’, should be absolutely legal.

I don't really understand the act of rape, what forces it on? Perhaps we need experts to figure it out and treat it just like any other disease in society.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   
When a black person attacks someone because they were called a “ni$$-you know what”, even though it’s illegal for them to assault someone over name calling. It is looked upon as provocation and any judge definitely takes that into account.

I believe that if someone was to discover that they are in the presence of a rapist, that is provocation enough to “lose control” for a second and assault them. And should be an acceptable defence in the courtroom.

Not “seeking out” a known rapist, but if you’re “caught by surprise” suddenly then that should be grounds for kicking their head in.

Even if that rapist has been attacked multiple times before. Who cares? Let them be attacked every single time someone discovers they’re a rapist.

And to prevent the poor rapist from being assaulted every day he should be executed on the day of conviction.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   
No way to eradicate it, but short sentences and probation arent cutting it. You can kill a kid and get 5 years if you get a jury to convict you for manslaughter, just happened here. So... My dad told me about barn parties years and years ago which was how it was handled when he was young. WHen a kid was messed with, not necessarily raped, the perp was taken to a barn or shack or whatever and his testicles were nailed to the floor. They guy was given a knife of some sort and the barn set on fire. Hes got a choice the kid didnt have. Rape? Dads uncles or brothers usually took care of that.. in short order. When a father ( or mother I guess though he never mentioned women getting these punishments) or brother or family member messed or raped a kid, the men in the community took care of things. I mean on rez the cops are different and youre all in one way or another related anyway. Things being handled "in house" were done for many reasons.. and in the wider community off rez too by their own folks. Not anymore though.. Heck, if they ever do get convicted they have more rights than the victim and get PC and not gen pop as a standard.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I don't really understand the act of rape, what forces it on? Perhaps we need experts to figure it out and treat it just like any other disease in society.

I don’t get it either

Sex is enjoyable because it’s an act of bonding and love. Or even passion.

To have one party not experiencing that feeling is, to me, a real turn off. I couldn’t ‘get off’ on it. Let alone the fact I’d be committing such a heinous act of assault, I don’t understand how sexual arousal and violence/intimidation can be linked in someone’s mind. To me, they are so polarised that I couldn’t imagine them together.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Thats all too simplistic.....ts much more complicated than that.

Put put in a nut shell A woman who gets raped goes on to get raped

by the system.

She doesn't just report the rape which is bad enough, she has to have

an invasive medical examination for proof before she can even scrub

him off herself.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SouthernForkway26

That is because the guy being found innocent, does not always mean she was lying..

There are constantly cases , for all crimes where the wrong side wins.

If we start prosecuting “fake” rape allegations , then real victims would be SUCCESSFULLY prosecuted or sued by their rapists.

The fact it is he said /she said crime just makes it all crap.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Once you are locking them up for life, does castration matter?

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Absolutely..

But the alternative is that the rapist makes more victims...

Either victim one gets raped again by the system...

Or there are victimS 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 , 7, 8......

Which do you think is the lesser evil?

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: eletheia

Absolutely..
But the alternative is that the rapist makes more victims...
Either victim one gets raped again by the system...

Or there are victimS 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 , 7, 8......
Which do you think is the lesser evil?

IMO The male children should be brought up learning firstly *respect*

in all things ...... not the attitude of 'boys will be boys', every rapist has a

mother, a grandmother, a sister? an aunt? he needs to know the meaning

of *respect* from the cradle.

I grew up at a time when men were 'king' and i only had daughters, but I

brought them up to be strong women. I have grandsons and have watched my

girls (women
) bring up boys to know that females are equal and demand

respect. There was no such thing as boys will be boys or thats how boys are!!!

They were brought up with love.........strictly. When all the peers of my

daughters were telling them that they were too strict they never had the

problems of the peers had with their young boys. In fact not so long ago one

of my grandsons said to their mother "You think you were strict with me? I

intend to be stricter with any children I have.

The answer? respect honesty and decent parenting.....It will take time. /smh.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I was beat on severely throughout my entire childhood.
while watching my little sister being molested.

My attacker terrified me into silence.

It wasn't until I was 15 that I got up the courage to run away.
I told authorities what happened but there was no proof by that point. My attacker died of old age never having faced justice.

It's hard to speak up and even worse when no one believes you.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The premise is flawed from the beginning. There is no way to simply eradicate crime of any kind. You can control it, you can discourage it, you can combat it and you can punish those who commit it. But there will never be a crime free world.

It's not like rapists and wife beaters are well regarded in any age bracket.

Child molesters are treated as subhuman vermin almost universally everywhere in the world. They don't last long in prison that's for damn sure.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join