It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uplifting Music to Start the Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Every morning, I wake up at 4am like clockwork. Doesn't matter how early or how late I get to sleep. It's still dark. Everyone is sleeping. I don't want to stir and wake anyone so I take the time to pray. I'll lay in bed, next to my wife, and talk about many things. I always start by acknowledging my God, by his name Jehovah, and give him praise for my life, and for all that there is. I confess my weakness, where I need help, talk about my anxieties, my worries, my pains. I think about other people, pray for my wife, my kids, for friends. I think of my brothers and sisters around the world, and all of the things going on and ask for them as well. I can talk a long time to God. Sometimes, not because I'm trying to, but it can be 6AM by the time my prayer is over, and the light is coming up. Everyone is waking. The neighbor's rooster is cock-a-doodle-doodling.

Next I open my IPad. I like to read a little of the Bible each morning and ponder over it. So I'll read. I'll think. And a lot of times Just what I'm talking in prayer I'll get a response to in my personal Bible reading.

The family gets up and there is a peace upon the house. A happiness that wasn't there when I wasn't praying and reading God's word. When I was drinking, and ignoring God.

My wife told me yesterday, she said, I feel such a peace this morning on the house.

I like to take the time to sing some uplifting songs, or listen to them at least. And thought I'd share a few here with spiritually minded people who may appreciate them. Just want to share them because they are so uplifting. They bring light to a dark day. They can help when you're feeling down and out, or sad.

So here are a few. I'm sorry I can't imbed the links. But I hope you take the time to open them and check the songs out.

We're Your Family

I was wondering where the woman in this video was from. But caught the title on the front of her Bible at the beginning of the video and looked it up. From Samoa.

Be Couragous and Strong
This is a slower paced song. But beautiful. It will make you tear up both for what the woman has to go through to get through the day to take care of her family in a 2nd-world country, and also because the words apply to the trials in life that you may be going through.

Just Around the Corner
I love this music video. It starts with an older couple looking at a locket of their dead daughter. Then we go into the future in the "new world" under Jesus' rule and they are young again living in paradise. The ending just makes you cry as they are together with their friends to see their daughter resurrected back to life.

Each Day Has its Own Anxieties
A really beautiful video. About a family who each go through their own problems. The husband with his boss at work, the wife with the car while doing errands, the son with bullying from school. The grandma who has lost her husband. It shows how they are a united family. They find strength in their faith in God, studying his word, talking to each other, loving each other, strength from the congregation, and from spending time together in recreation. A really beautiful uplifting message and really teaches you how a family should be.

Brotherly Love
A wonderful video. Jesus said that you would know his disciples because they would have love among each other. This deals with natural disasters that God's people may go through, but how they are taken care of by God. And how he shows them love by the brotherhood providing for their spiritual and physical needs when they are in time of loss.

There is so much negativity in the news these days, and music videos that come out that don't up-build or teach good principles. I thought I would share a few here that do just the opposite! Perhaps it may have a positive affect on some passerby. And give a smile to someone, or uplift your day.

I thought of giving more songs I enjoy but this is good for now. I will end with this last one:

God's Wonderous Works

I enjoy singing a lot of these songs with my kids. My oldest plays the guitar really well. He'll pull out the guitar when we're on the beach.
edit on 1-10-2019 by EdgeofParadise because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: EdgeofParadise

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

You have a cool routine.

Singing is the best. It almost always makes me feel better.

Sometimes I just like to hummmmmm.

There are regions of my voice and subtleties in using it that I may not have discovered without a good, patient teacher. I'm happy I got voice lessons. Oh who am I fooling? I'd no choice in the matter. God's plan and all...

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

It sounds like you've replaced one addiction with another. There are many ways of being. If you become to soft and spiritual you will not have the strength to be mean and aggressive when it is appropriate. You may find the proper balance you are looking for in this book:

King, Warrior, Magician, Lover: Rediscovering the Archetypes of the Mature Masculine

I found this book when I was studying Artificial Intelligence and I was looking for a map of the human mind.

top topics

join