It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rash of UFO sightings in northwest Florida -- Decent Video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: markymint

Another very distinct possibility. It matches an aircraft almost perfectly, it's just a natter of type. Commercial or military design.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Blue Shift

I believe the F1 is being stood up in Texas, and the Cheetah in Florida. That looks like a delta wing to me.

Yes, I agree. The delta wing is a more plausible fit, although to me it looks like the delta is bent. Kind of like those Viper ships from Battlestar Galactica. Let me see if I can find some images from approximately the same angle and try to match up the configurations.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Sure, doing a data sweep now, see if I can pull up a suspect plane. Looks like a 737 or an Antonov to me, AN-12 perhaps, a 225 if something amazing was going on...

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

How can you tell that? There is no context to it's movement. The camera moves, making it look like it moves, but no context..

Enlarging such a small image doesn't add detail to it, either..

Ionno..

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Ok check the pic again, looks like there is a 2 (or maybe a 7, or a blue right pointing arrow/dash like a logo) in a white circle on the back tail & a black written word on the underside of the right wing.

looks a bit like a paper aeroplane lol, that kind of clunky shape... some kind of advertising plane? panama city beach... in france it'd be a prop plane with a banner, this has that kind of vibe. Sighting date says 30th May 2019, maybe flight radar data doesn't go back that far... wings look to be right at the back which is a bit odd, doesn't quite match USAF thunderbirds though again a bit of a vibe.
edit on 1-10-2019 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

There is almost always at least one 225 in the US lately. Although that doesn't look like one of them.

There have been quite a few Tu-154s from Russia on Open Skies missions this year. That looks like a t-tail when zoomed in.
edit on 10/1/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Hmm yes true about the tail in the photo, the video looks/feels a bit different (on the whole). Looks Russian in that video frame capture someone took on the last page sure... But the pic above is a still photo (not a video frame capture) and appears to show it in much more detail. Looks to have forward swept wings in that photo to me. no idea what to attribute that to, google says Grumman X-29...! assuming the thing in the photo is the same thing in the video, sighting date of may 2019 is a bit suspect.

Got a slight suspicion the photo exists to justify a video of a shimmering passenger jet. what's going on in the photo does not seem to match the HQ video footage, where is the shimmer in the photo, and if no shimmer, where are the "glowing alien lights" from the video? not there. Photo - some other aeroplane (would like to say its a paper aeroplane but probably not...). Video - shimmering passenger jet. put them together and whadda ya get? fooled peeps.

Well, I can't see anything alien in either the photo or video myself. just planes, with wings, and tails, and maybe logos lol.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

The X-29 hasn't flown since the late 80s or 90s. And we don't currently have a forward swept wing program flying.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Interesting point! I'm thinking now then that the photo is a model airplane, the logos/writings are decals. looks like the kind the local model flying club would fly around. Model planes don't need to be ergonomic? And I imagine people fly forward swept winged ones (perhaps because they don't fly at full scale anymore as you say). Photo camera is Sony ILCE-6000 and checks out on the reported date of the sighting, video isn't giving much info, can't confirm if it's the same camera.

So I'm guessing some dude took a photo of a model plane at the local flying club or nearby in May 2019. they sure didn't upload their "photos and videos" for months after...but more recently captured a shimmering jet or sth (seen in the video) and decided that was the right time to play games and merge it with his model plane photo. MUFON database has some real "playas" on there.

either way thanks for the aviation ideas. I'll be moving on now

this one is pretty cool...wait for the closeup! (maybe a cloud? saw it whilst searching the recent Florida ones for ops report) www.mufoncms.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: markymint
Ok check the pic again, looks like there is a 2 (or maybe a 7, or a blue right pointing arrow/dash like a logo) in a white circle on the back tail & a black written word on the underside of the right wing.

looks a bit like a paper aeroplane lol, that kind of clunky shape... some kind of advertising plane? panama city beach... in france it'd be a prop plane with a banner, this has that kind of vibe. Sighting date says 30th May 2019, maybe flight radar data doesn't go back that far... wings look to be right at the back which is a bit odd, doesn't quite match USAF thunderbirds though again a bit of a vibe.

Excellent pic....
Its definitely not a UAP in the mold of Tic-tac/gimbal/flir....
It has WINGs... thus convention surface area to provide lift.
It could be black project.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: celltypespecific

Not over Florida in daylight.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   

That's obviously a Battlestar. You can see the hangar decks extended.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

How can you tell that? There is no context to it's movement. The camera moves, making it look like it moves, but no context..

Enlarging such a small image doesn't add detail to it, either..

Ionno..

We're done for Gallop... They dont even listen any more.

I Know Gallop... but I never meant them to, was a feeble effort.

Don't say that Gallop... We can only try.

Try... Try as we might, the fallen will never rise to listen.

I know

(if you dont read that as it's spoken, shame on you)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

How can you tell that? There is no context to it's movement. The camera moves, making it look like it moves, but no context.. Enlarging such a small image doesn't add detail to it, either.

There are some light clouds in the background you can use for reference. For something supposedly blasting an afterburner (at fairly high altitude), it sure doesn't appear to have a lot of movement. And in the last few frames of its appearance it accelerates extremely fast to the right. It's not a slow ramp up. It's like somebody shot it out of a slingshot. The larger HD file shows it best.

And I really tried to find an image of a Cheetah to match the angle and configuration, but couldn't do it. So, with that, and what I perceive as unusual flashing and movement, I will personally keep this in my "hmmm..." file, rather than just dump it, if you don't mind.

Not that you guys aren't right. But I'm not sure you proved your case. No harm, no foul.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

That's obviously a Battlestar. You can see the hangar decks extended.

Mock if you wish. You know I was talking about the configuration. You must admit even this is a closer match than anything you suggested (except for the multiple engines).

edit on 3-10-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Why isn't there a technically sophisticated version of MUFON...?

We have ready access to high tech off the shelf equipment that can be used to accurate detect a UAP.

For example one can easily organize arrange a UAP/UFO guide/investigation off the coast of San Diego (were Nimtiz occurred) purchase high end drones or off-shelf weather balloons equipped with HD infar-red cameras.
There should be a way to build an off-the shelf radar system.

Its just astounding that after 70 YEARS there has been no crystal clear proof of a UAP/UFO.....

Remember with the gimbal/go fast event...the pilots reported seeing these UAPs almost DAILY....
Something does not add-up..

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

If you had actually read, instead of jumping to the defensive, you would have seen we were talking about a totally different video. But no, you had to kneejerk straight to an attack. I suggest next time you actually, you know, read and comprehend before posting that someone is mocking. It makes for a better discussion that way. But it's entirely up to you. If you want an echo chamber, or to be a jerk, then ignore that, because I obviously don't know what I'm talking about.

Of course if you want to claim the sun lit cloud in that video he posted is a UFO then I really don't know anything and I'll gladly admit that.

edit on 10/3/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/3/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific
Why isn't there a technically sophisticated version of MUFON...? [...]

I would guess there's very little money in it. I would just like them to have a tightly monitored comment section where we could leave a quick message that says, "Hey, that's a lens flare because you're pointing your camera at a bright light source," or "That's the IR light from your security camera reflecting off a spider web," or whatever. Not to harass the photographers, but also to help them out so they know what to look for and maybe get a better photo next time.

Something does not add-up..

It would be nice to have a good, independent and impartial place to store and post and discuss UFOs that wouldn't involve digging through questionable hoax sites. (Nice try, ATS, but you know your limitations.) But I guess that's what disinformation is about. Hiding the goods in plain sight by surrounding it with obvious nonsense.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

If you had actually read, instead of jumping to the defensive, you would have seen we were talking about a totally different video.

No problem. You mentioned Battlestar, which I mentioned earlier. It's funny that you would use a word like "defensive," though. I'm just trying to be balanced and not jump to unfounded conclusions. So if I'm defending anything, I guess it would be that I'm defending not blithely dismissing something without stronger verification. I see that a lot, unfortunately, and I don't think that helps a lot when we're looking at these things. I think we're missing things.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

And in the last few frames of its appearance it accelerates extremely fast to the right. It's not a slow ramp up. It's like somebody shot it out of a slingshot. The larger HD file shows it best.

That doesn't happen, especially if you're talking about the .MTS file. Just jerky camera, object stays in the same place, light cloud to the right hand side of it for reference.
edit on 3-10-2019 by markymint because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join