It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone, deep in their hearts, is waiting for the end of the world to come

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Oh, I disagree!) I knew, when I saw The Reincarnation of Peter Proud, I was about 12, that reincarnation was real.
I think I've lived like I "left it on the track," for a good many years but my astro chart and palms both show these proclivities. When I was 16/17, I knew a revolution would happen in my lifetime, or I hoped, because any person w/ a brain can see that the system is not sustainable. I was born for this time!

How about, it's the end of the world as we know it, and i feel fine, fine fine

www.youtube.com...

Chin up, the aquarium is being cleaned.
edit on 9/30/2019 by BlissSeeker because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/30/2019 by BlissSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BlissSeeker

But even with reincarnation it's the same.

The life you're living now is finite.

But then, perhaps that's what eternal life means - an infinity of finite lives.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   

There are so many ways this world could end which would make me personally incredible happy and would be a nightmare for pretty much everybody else.
If a bacteria or some super small critter would arrives here on a meteorite with a huge hunger for oil, or say it needs it to metamorphise into huge caterpillars eating concrete. Which then become digital butterflies hording all the currencies...
The end of the world, a little bit, but with beautiful new butterflies. That would be something.

Or if a freak event would suddenly cause people to suffer servere pain whenever they come in contact with a lie. That would be the end of religions, dogmas, entertainment and money also.

I think the point is we are actually quite vulnerable, but not able to see from which side the end will come and what exactly will end. Because death per se is not an end in my opinion, just a transition into a new state of being. Nature knows no ends, energy conservation and all of that.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Every individual is seeking the end of their self.
The reason is that carrying a self is heavy... the end of the self is enlightenment.

The separate self is not even true.... there is no self separate from the whole.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Is that why you often see old women staring out of the window?

I can't say I disagree. I think subconsciously many of us await that comforting blanket of death and destruction to wipe away all of the misery for everyone, the wars, the murders, rapes, the hurting of innocent children, the terrible things done to babies and more while finally bringing about some semblance of peace.

If I walked out of the door from work later this afternoon and saw the skies roll up and the stars all fall to earth, I can't say it would really surprize me. I think I would even laugh out loud. I'm being serious.

I just don't want it to hurt...

edit on 1-10-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Woody Allen said it best....

"I'm not afraid of dying, I just don't want to be there when it happens"

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
as someone said, the Earth is wearing out like a piece of clothing

about time to reset.

my understanding of prophecy is that there will be an end of the age and ultimately a new heaven and new earth

and then eternity

better place. no conflict, no pain, no sickness or injury, no death. just life and peace.

looking forward to.

I suspect in our hearts we all know we aren't supposed to live like this and we yearn for something better.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Either way.. Heaven or not.. There will be peace.

Remember the X-files episode where Mulder was granted 3 wishes? He asked for world peace and everyone vanished?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join