It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lenovo MIrage Solo (not quite computer related but...)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Does any of you who have VR gear (I know you guys with suped up rigs won't be familiar with this dinky setup lol) know much about the Lenovo MIrage Solo?

It's a self contained vr headset with everything inside the headset. Basically a reasonably amped up android device running android 8, and all the usual settings (to a degree). I know how to navigate all the settings etc, but some are not there, and some specific to the device.

It runs Google Daydream, but you can load other apps onto it, which is just giving you some background.

However, if I'm using youtube or on online streaming service over Chrome, despite it knowing that I'm watching video content, it will still stop once it has not detected controller motion for a while and take me out of the video to ask "Are you still there?" before trying to turn the screen off.

Very frustrating. And I cannot for the life of me find any information on it.

So, as a last resort, I'm hoping someone here who may have one, or know of the issue, might be able to help?

I'm not hopeful, while this is actually a good device, it's very limited in support, and there is still a slowly developing app base for it. Which is a shame as the 6dof and world sense is really neat.

But still, I've exhausted all the options I can think of.. so.. halp me Oh Be It Anyone, you're my only hope...

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop
Does any of you who have VR gear (I know you guys with suped up rigs won't be familiar with this dinky setup lol) know much about the Lenovo MIrage Solo?

It's a self contained vr headset with everything inside the headset. Basically a reasonably amped up android device running android 8, and all the usual settings (to a degree). I know how to navigate all the settings etc, but some are not there, and some specific to the device.

It runs Google Daydream, but you can load other apps onto it, which is just giving you some background.

However, if I'm using youtube or on online streaming service over Chrome, despite it knowing that I'm watching video content, it will still stop once it has not detected controller motion for a while and take me out of the video to ask "Are you still there?" before trying to turn the screen off.

Very frustrating. And I cannot for the life of me find any information on it.

So, as a last resort, I'm hoping someone here who may have one, or know of the issue, might be able to help?

I'm not hopeful, while this is actually a good device, it's very limited in support, and there is still a slowly developing app base for it. Which is a shame as the 6dof and world sense is really neat.

But still, I've exhausted all the options I can think of.. so.. halp me Oh Be It Anyone, you're my only hope...

Found this on the web, but maybe you already read it?

It's bad that you would have to keep it charging :/

1. Go to developer settings and turn On "Stay Awake"
2. Go to Apps & Notifications ->Advanced-> Special app access-> Battery Optimisation then find the app you want to run in "All apps" and select "don't optimise"
3. Make sure your controller is ALWAYS being charged.

forum.unity.com...
edit on 30-9-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Malisa

Haha, yeah I did find that. I even made an extra long usb c cable to do this (those things are not as easy to wire up as normal usb cables).. I didn't want to keep it charged over 100%, but it appears this might be the only way, so far. I'm hoping there is an update, I guess, some OTA that fixes a few things. There are a few things that do need attention. They disabled MTP connectivity to a PC (yet left adb open)..

And while the eye strain is not too bad with this, the lenticular glare and blur on the periphery limits time using this to an extent, or it's like you are getting that aura before a migraine

It's frustrating that there is no option otherwise though.. I understand if I'm just using a 2d app and not interacting, to save battery.. but video content should flag that feature as unrequired.

hey thanks for that though !!
Appreciate it.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
And nothing still, tried everything..

makes me want to cfry the money I spent to get a feeble experience, but have this... oh well..

est quod est..

Are you still there?

top topics

join