It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Samantha Fish

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
A few months ago I noticed a song on the radio and kind of dug it. I'd catch parts of it here and there over the next few weeks but I never knew who it was. Messaged the station with a bit of a description and part of the lyrics I thought I remembered. Took a few days but found out it was Samantha Fish singing her new song Bulletproof. I started checking her other stuff out and she is really good. Before I found out she did Bulletproof, I never heard of her. She plays bluesy kind of music and plays guitar really good.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Just my opinion, but it sounds like simplistic, mass-produced poop to me. No offense intended, just my take.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
She played in a little tiny bar in my town a couple of years ago. I had never heard of her before that. She's awesome.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

I'm not good at identifying blues sub-genres.

(Would you consider this Texas? Delta? Something else?)

I like the slide guitar. She's got great groove/feel and dialed in a sexy tone.

If there's something that didn't quite do it for me, it's the vocal production. I wish I could put my finger on it. I suppose I like different-sounding records is all... The overdrive/distortion that intermittently shows on the vocal is a cool touch, though.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
she's been shredding the blues for years, in the spirit of Jimi and Stevie, probably got convinced she need to play pop rock in order to get rich.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

I've been a big fan of her's for years.

One of my favorites! Love that bari sax line thru out the tune, along with the other horns.

top topics

join