It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mud-Pit options for the upcoming election

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I understand the Mud-Pit was created to keep other Forum's clean in a sense but, I'ts not working. As we head towards 2020 and the chaos it will bring, have any alternative solution's been pondered?.

I would suggest you handle the Mud-Pit as you do RATS. Eliminate new members from being able to go straight to the MP. Prove your here for the right reason's first. It's been pretty bad the last few days, and it's only going to get worse the closer we get.

I am growing tired of looking at the "New" threads and seeing two thumbs down everywhere.

It's like Siskel and Ebert hate me.

Many valued members are either gone, or in lurk mode weary to comment.

Gotta make an adjustment ATS.

It's a Long shot due to the work involved however... a user mute button to any Mud-Pit threads would be wonderful.

Many members would reengage if they knew they could log in and block the MP.

Thank's!
edit on 28-9-2019 by Sabrechucker because: edit

edit on 28-9-2019 by Sabrechucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

Prove your here for the right reason's first.

The right reasons. Sounds fishy to me commrade.
And who is to set that standard, the absentee owners, their core of landlords or a vote of the maniac proletariat?

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I agree. Mud pit should not be for newbies to the forum. Like rats, it should not come up in searches. It should be for standing members to hash out aka: vent. Trolls do not help any forum...but the mud pit should be for those dedicated members to vent.

Or... At least for those newbies not to accidentally enter in and be surprised by the mud and be mis led by what ATS is all about.

Even I have been here for awhile and I smack myself, for accidentally getting caught up and offering sincere input to a topic then realize I stumbled into a mud pit. Egad. It is a tragedy if a newcomer stumbles in...and the opposite spectrum...sad when a troll creates more havoc than necessary.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

sad when a troll creates more havoc than necessary.

And who is to say what level of havoc is ''necessary'' and what level is ''not?

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   

In no way should the "Trolls" be silenced, or anyone with differing opinions. I just remember lurking here 10+ years before I joined and how amazing it was. I am concerned that most of our new "Members" don't give a toot about this site and what it stands for.

If you want to talk RATS earn it.

If you want to join and start trouble...earn it.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Excellent idea(s)! There's a reason why ATS has over 100,000 members, but only 50 to 100 regular posters.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Come on mate.

This must be a Troll Trap ... they will all come!

Great idea BTW.

To be fair, the Mods do clean up a lot of the fake newbies.

P

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Who is talking about silencing trolls? If the mud pit is simply a troll forum and not a vent thread...then make it clear in the T&Cs. A troll is someone who is simply instigating mayhem for laughs and chaos. It is not a true voice as far as I believe...but I am willing to allow them their fun appropriately. Just make it clear so newbies do not be disconcerted. So many come here because the rest of social media has been infected with trolls. ATS should be better.

Mud pit for venting...ranting...we all reach our wits ends on subjects. ATS wants trolls with no skin in our community then make it clear. Personally, I think they have enough forums on the Internet already that we don't need it in the mud pit... Thus make it like Rats...contribute before you just walk in as a freaking know it all and put down others.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I would suggest you handle the Mud-Pit as you do RATS. Eliminate new members from being able to go straight to the MP. Prove your here for the right reason's first. It's been pretty bad the last few days, and it's only going to get worse the closer we get.

Unfortunately a lot of those post/threads are made by members with years of postings.

I'm (not)seeing a lot of valued members (on 2 sides of the isle) that give much respected opinions. I may not agree wholeheartedly, but valid points are made.

But many newly formed accounts were made and skipped once again an introduction and went straight to mud slinging.

Christ I would love to hear about a new UFO sighting VS.. OMG MY FEELINGS WERE HURT 😭😢😭😢😭😢😤😤

I see some MODS doing something about it... and some MODS never to be heard from again. I've seen MODS attacked by new members... who the heck does this?

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Come on mate.

This must be a Troll Trap ... they will all come!

Great idea BTW.

To be fair, the Mods do clean up a lot of the fake newbie
P

Nah i see what they are saying. It is real easy to shill the board to death with unestablished accounts. I just decided my response would be no response to those threads but the remaining issue is that it drowns better threads. I dont mind seeing debate from both sides of course. Also i notice a trend of duplicate topics spanning multiple forums. I wish the mods would toe-the-line on duplicates.
edit on 28-9-2019 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Don't change the mudpit. It's a fantastic metric to read the American demographic, in all its hate and fury for the opposing political ideology. Even the trolls are societies indicators of the current national political moods.

Free speech or just shut it down.

The coming elections will be "Game of Thrones" epic...
edit on 29-9-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:13 AM
link   
It's funny that as soon as Trump starts faltering and every thread isn't a celebration of the god emperor people start whining for a safe space.

Suck it up. The rest of us have had to put up with crappy right wing threads every day for close to two years. Now it's your turn.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   

contribute before you just walk in as a freaking know it all and put down others.

Yeah this ain't like the good old day way back in 2016 when a new candidate showed up acting like a freak show know it all and began putting down all the other Republicans on the stage,,,,,,

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

oooooo, olaru, you just thrillllllllllllllllll me to the bone.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

oooooo, olaru, you just thrillllllllllllllllll me to the bone.

I hear that a lot! Not usually in the mudpit however; There I mainly hear "it's people like you"......

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   
You may be right but..take that # elsewhere.

ATS has always been a debate forum but, It's gone stupid!

I love reading and partaking in good debate with people who oppose me..I'ts healthy.

Get Rid of the non responsive...with a one way agenda.

Lately...ATS has been Trolled...

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker
You may be right but..take that # elsewhere.

you talkin to me?

where should I put it?

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Trump hasn't faltered you beaming lack of intelligence! His success has pissed people like you off.

Anti-American Schmuck!

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Just stay friendly.
Simple solution.

I could access RATS from day one. I think I did not even had 5 posts. Not sure if this is really like that anymore or again.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I replied to you so yes..I am talking to you.

Take it to one of many forums that require links and facts, not the easy way out that is the PMP

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join