It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone explain this " Mars Rover"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

The whole landing sequence was quite terrifying. There were hundreds of things that could have gone wrong but none of them did.

Planning and testing are wonderful things.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

If it was electrical wouldn't you want to cap it ?

Just seem's weird im sure there's a logical reason .

edit on 9/26/2019 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
a reply to: Phage

If it was electrical wouldn't you want to cap it ?

Just seem's weird im sure there's a logical reason .

Maybe it is no longer a "live" electrical cable. Considering it was leading to the skycrane or backshell, it likely was no longer needed to carry power, and the power from it was turned off.

Or possibly it was drawing power from whatever it was attached to, and once it was cut there was no longer any power to draw.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Squirrels!

Haven't you seen Ice Age?

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

explosive bolts are pretty common and by the very nature of how they work are pretty foolproof way of separating something.

the problem i have with this cable is that it clearly used for something that draws a lot of power and the smaller cable nested inside of it suggests it goes to at least 2 systems.

The skycrane im sure was not using the rovers RTG as its power source, and why leave a frayed cut. if it was just a power connection they could have used a simple disconnect socket for a clean break and than to cover the connections be it for data or power.

its also the only thing on the rover that looks like that(at least in that pic), if these are cable cut aways then there should be more of these odd frayed cables

I would be really surprised to find out the sky crane system used the RTG for anything.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3
I cant find any good pics of that area but looks like something is there . I'll keep looking

edit on 9/27/2019 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

Wait a min that peice on the silver bracket is missing right where it turns , Sorry on a phone cant point it out .
edit on 9/27/2019 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Missing

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   

you can even see the bolt holes where the missing part was.

how interesting

if no one is on mars....who is up there with tools and cable cutters.

im going to look for a detailed schematic of the rover to see what the part that is now missing is.

clearly it wasn't ripped off and for sure didn't unbolt itself, a real mystery

do you have reference numbers for the pics posted? just to make sure they are authentic, they look to be.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Its there in this NASA pic

missing part

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

it is surprisingly hard to get a good high res picture of the top of the rover when it was still on earth, tons and tons of side on pictures. you would think that every inch of it would be plastered all over the official NASA page for the rover but it is mostly 3d animations and crude 'blueprints'

under the area of the missing part there is a little streak in the dust, to me it looks like something rubbed the dust off or maybe a small part was picked up and the dust disturbed.

surprising that no one else has noticed this.

if this is what it appears to be then i would LOVE to hear what NASA has to say. clearly there was some intervention on the rover and that part sitting on the surface of mars. even if they say it just feel off why no mention of it? and what cut the cables that cleary are not cut in older pics. not in a million years will i believe this is all coincidence or caused by weather or poor manufacturing

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Yeah not sure why this isn't getting much attention it really hasn't been explained away.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

can you give me the nasa link for the pic where it shows the part still there? because in the first selfie the rover took its not there

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

edit on 9/30/2019 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join