It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Finally Convinced Me About Global Warming Lies

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

I wish those frantic over climate change/warming/cooling/etc. spent that energy on issues proven way more threatening to the environment.

Proof of polluted rivers, urban sprawl, or masses of garbage floating in the ocean do not require a debate. They do not require a cult-like adherence to dogma. Simply go look at it and know it isn't right.

Plus these things have proven solutions. The vast majority of which do NOT require the transfer of billions of dollars to unknown, self proclaimed saviors of humanity.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

The plastic in the ocean is something that needs to addressed, this along with overfishing will have a much more direct effect on us given that it is a massive source of food for the world.
edit on 26-9-2019 by jrod because: E

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

I agree and it is addressable. I just wonder why this rarely gets discussed versus the daily deluge of climate hysteria?

If these folks were really concerned about the environment, I believe the story would sound a lot differently.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The Canadians recently exposed that their cilmate science models deleted 100 years of real historical data in favor of estimates that better fit their (prepaid predetermined result) research models.
Show me some more ignorance. Bring it on.

ganjoa

Yes,our Minister of Climate Change launched a website Climatedata.ca. So I took a look at the high temps for the city of Winnipeg. Even though there are records going back to 1938 they only went back to 1950. That erased the previous high records for July, August and 2 winter months. Then they spliced on IPCC graphs for 2000 and on. Like we dont have real tempertures for those? WeatherStats still has recorded data. For now.
Why are they hiding these records?

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: ganjoa

www.esrl.noaa.gov...

This year's average CO2 was about 410ppm, before industrialization we are around 280ppm.

That is about a 130ppm increase, about 46%.

Unreal that you think that is just a made up figure. It makes me think you are here just to cast doubt.

You misunderstand.
I do not (did not) think the figure is (was) made up (fictional, fantasy).

Merely that ALL data is suspect - especially un-sourced data.
You've furnished a source, now I should study the data to continue the dialog.

However, additionally note that ALL analysis contains bias, inherent or otherwi$e.

Finally, the selection of measurement data for analysis and normalization procedures for various metrics are key components in developing effective models.

Of course, it you start with a desired (purchased) end result, and an anything-goes end-justifies-the-means approach (or immature dumbassery about modeling, it happens more often than you'd think) - you can cobble together and sell a convincing argument as long as nobody knowledgeable looks too deeply.

What finally convinced me that my cynicism was justified relatice to CLIMATE SCIENCE was the substitution of measurement data for estimated data in base models from which projections are derived, as was reported in Canada, U of Toronto if I recall.

ganjoa

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: fernalley

The Canadians recently exposed that their cilmate science models deleted 100 years of real historical data in favor of estimates that better fit their (prepaid predetermined result) research models.

ganjoa

Yes,our Minister of Climate Change launched a website Climatedata.ca. So I took a look at the high temps for the city of Winnipeg. Even though there are records going back to 1938 they only went back to 1950. That erased the previous high records for July, August and 2 winter months. Then they spliced on IPCC graphs for 2000 and on. Like we dont have real tempertures for those? WeatherStats still has recorded data. For now.

Thanks for the update. I thought it was just that inconvenient 19th century CO2 data for their models deleted.
You're telling me they're publicly fudging the data back to mid 20th century.
Hmmm, food for thought.

ganjoa

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ganjoa

originally posted by: fernalley

ganjoa

Thanks for the update. I thought it was just that inconvenient 19th century CO2 data for their models deleted.
You're telling me they're publicly fudging the data back to mid 20th century.
Hmmm, food for thought.

ganjoa
It is so obvious high school children should question this.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yes, we can all cut back within a reasonable amount. We live in a disposable society where many bags for cereal, potato chips etc. are half garbage (just to make the product look bigger) and cell phones are made only to last a couple years, before being replaced. It seems like a scam, to frighten people into supporting their interests.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I appreciate all the replies. Spent the night working, having posted this just before work.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: XXXN3O

Thanks for mentioning this. I'll check it out tomorrow when I have the time. Never heard of this before.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

Exactly right. The state of our oceans and waters is legitimately concerning and this deserves more serious attention.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 01:28 AM
link   
It was the other planets in our solar system heating up at the same time that got my spidey senses going.

edit on 27 9 19 by Analbumcover because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Analbumcover

It was the other planets in our solar system heating up at the same time that got my spidey senses going.

Which ones?
Are there thermometers there?

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It's your NASA Phage.

You do the working out of the situation for us my man.

I like you thinking for me.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 01:33 AM
link   

It's your NASA Phage.

No more than it's yours.
Which planets are warming and what is the evidence?

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

It's your NASA Phage.

No more than it's yours.
Which planets are warming and what is the evidence?

There is no evidence. Just denier snowflakes melting.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

It's extremely confusing with all the bull# spun.

Not my fault nasa decided to use the title A gloomy mars warms up.

2007 I believe.

Anyway I'll wait for you to tell me it's not really getting warmer. You guys know what's up. Maybe you should start writing their articles.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 02:08 AM
link   

You mean this?

“In particular, the slight increase in surface air temperature is similar to climate variations seen on Earth, even though the processes involved are significantly different,” added Fenton.

www.nasa.gov...

Quite different:
pubs.er.usgs.gov...

What does that have to do with warming on Earth? While it's true that loss of Arctic ice due to warming decreases albedo, it is not the loss of albedo which is causing the loss of ice.

Is Mars still warming, btw? And you said planets, plural.
edit on 9/27/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Lol I don't know and I don't give a # what fear people want to live in.

I live in my own world far away from fear.

When they get crying kids involved I generally switch off.

Damn bro you asking me question from all the way back then. When was the first time all this world's ending bull# start again. Can't even remember.

At the time it was speak of titan, jupiter and Pluto which is not a planet or is it now that the nasa chief said it was.

I don't know bro, the story changes so much as time goes on. I leave experts like you to worry about these things while I live a stress free life.

Edit: Actually I think the jupiter thing was a massive increase in storms. You know climate change world ending stuff. I'm a moron compared to you though so don't be too rough please.

edit on 27 9 19 by Analbumcover because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 02:29 AM
link   

I don't know bro, the story changes so much as time goes on.

No. The "story" doesn't change.
Deniers (skeptics, if you wish) just keep distorting the facts. "Other planets are warming! Proof, AGW is a myth!"
edit on 9/27/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join