It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home invasions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Thankfully touch wood this has never happened to me but i tell you what its very frightening is it not?

Wether your armed or not to protect yourself/family the related knock on issues of this horrendous breach of ones safe haven is soaring and the punishment certainly goes no where near fitting the crime.

IMO all convicted home invaders should be jailed for 25yrs+ first offence, no ifs, no buts, no three strikes.

This is disgusting behavior and humanity at pritty close to it's worst not to mention cowardess in the extreme, the psychological damage the victims must feel is beyond comprehension, how can the victim ever feel safe again.

So -

If you shoot the pricks your facing murder charges or law suits but if you don't your likely dead or raped (male or female) severely traumatized, robbed and the list goes on.

Where is this notion of breaking into people's homes while their asleep and vulnerable coming from?

Do you agree on 25yrs+ first offence or is even that to lenient on these scumbags.

It's not even one a/hole who commits these atrocities but usually multiples.

I don't know this world is painfull it really is.

edit on 26-9-2019 by CthruU because: 1

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Pretty random thread, but I see your point. There isn’t much worse in life than the invasion of our safe space...our homes. I keep several loaded Smith and Wesson’s around the house so if they plan to break into my home they might get more than they bargained for...I have no qualms about using deadly force in a home invasion scenario.
edit on 2019/9/26 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
There definitely should be harsher penalties for home invasion ...and the perp shouldn't be able to sue for damages if he trips and breaks his leg entering...which does happen. In Australia the cops tell you to hide, run out the back door and call the police...self defense is basically illegal...which is great for my parents, who are in their seventies and can hardly walk. There are quite a few home invasions in my area and I wish my dad could have a firearm to defend his home, but use of a firearm for self defense in Aus is strictly prohibited.....

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Do you agree on 25yrs+ first offence or is even that to lenient on these scumbags.

Way too lenient. 50 years mandatory, imo.

I understand stealing out of greed or desperation, and think most lawbreakers should be given a couple of chances to "straighten up and fly right".

But when it comes to violent crime, I have zero tolerance. (Crimes like rape, violent assault, home invasions.) Especially when the victim is helpless, ie: children, the elderly, etc. The perp needs to be executed or put away for good. Removed from society.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

I lived through a home invasion in Chicago 1989. I came down stairs to screams from my roommate who I found on the floor in the corner of the dining room with a towering man standing over him, there was a bat on the floor, all my electronics had been stacked on the dining room table near the front door.

As I came down, I positioned myself between the door and the invader as he spun around and charged me (mind you its 1am or so maybe later and I had been asleep with my girl).

Fortunately years of martial arts and wrestling clicked on in an instant, I side stepped, took an elbow, swept his feet and managed to land on top of his back holding him in a full nelson. I smacked his head in the floor a few times and held on as my recovered roommate called the cops.

All I can remember was the knowledge that if I lost this fight, my roommate, myself would probably die and my completely freaked out girlfriend would likely be raped, or worse as well.

The cops got there, evaluated and took the invader and cuffed him...their 1st question to me is "why didnt you kill him?"

Turned out there was a serial burglar/rapist in the neighborhood at the time, it stopped upon his arrest. He had had 14 priors no convictions, because the victims never showed up to court, as it took over a year to be heard.

I went, I was blamed as the victim and for kicking his ass in defense...but we stuck to our guns and he finally went to jail.

I agree, 20+ years, cause once the seal is broke and the initial trepidation is gone, these folks never stop doing it.
edit on 26-9-2019 by BlueJacket because: sp

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The answer is two doggy that stay outside....in Texas it's the only way to keep the Latinos from stealing everything in your house when you're gone to work....

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

My El Paso based relatives would agree with you.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Our neighbour broke in here one night, and our dog scared the # out of him. The police did nothing, but they also said they wouldn't have done anything if the dog hurt him/we hurt him. We're in Canada though.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

It seems everyone can agree that a safe and secure home is something we all desire and deserve. My methods involve a secure and surveilled perimeter plus a good sized dog who doesn't like strangers.

On a larger scale we're experiencing a "home invasion" every day at the border, strange how some don't have an issue with that.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Our society has been failing with social conditioning since the late seventies. You could leave your doors open years ago and nobody would break in. sure, they broke into camps that nobody was at or people who sold drugs or had parties had people break in looking for drugs. But now, it seems that it is a hundred fold worse. Pharma companies helped to make more drug addicts, their products boosted enzymes that break down the natural chemistries in the body which means people need more of this kind of chemistry just to be normal which leads to addiction.

Medical prescriptions are just part of the problem. It is way easier to get some of the worst addictive drugs these days. Before it was mostly Pot around with limited amounts of some others which most people did not care for.

They did not bust the Meth houses around here till it got out of hand, the high ranking government drug agency did not let the cops do it in the beginning. Then lots of people start making meth labs and they started to bust them. If they would have nipped it in the butt right away, it would have been better, lots less people would have gotten hooked on meth and fear of getting caught might have deterred people from making meth.

Our local cops were complaining that their hands were tied ten years or so ago. I used to have coffee with the local cops, they did not give particulars but did express their concerns at the time.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

There were absolutely home invasions in the 70's? You just didn't hear about them.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: rickymouse

There were absolutely home invasions in the 70's? You just didn't hear about them.

Not so much around here, when a house was broken into the whole town knew by word of mouth and eventually the people narrowed it down and someone informed the cops of a possible culprit. That was how it was in the Keweenaw area anyway. Also, people who did bad things wound up being shunned by lots of people and they had to leave the area because everyone knew they were doing things. The police would sometimes deliver the message to leave town, other times a bunch of older guys would go to visit and tell them to leave.

It was different in the big cities, but around here, you could get shot if you broke into someone's home when they were there, neighbors would also call the cops and get their gun to stop anyone breaking in from getting away.

I remember a local fire department burning down the tent of a gay guy camped at a park because he was trying to hustle young guys and would spike their drinks at parties. That guy was a creep, I met him at parties and he was a pedophile gay guy. I knew a few regular gay guys at the time, and they would not have approved of what that guy was doing.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

How about this...

If you are found guilty of home invasion, it is up to the person's house you invaded to decide on the punishment.
It would be like Russian roulette!

Electric chair for one house,
forgiveness at another.. You never know

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Pretty random thread, but I see your point. There isn’t much worse in life than the invasion of our safe space...our homes. I keep several loaded Smith and Wesson’s around the house so if they plan to break into my home they might get more than they bargained for...I have no qualms about using deadly force in a home invasion scenario.

Same here, but I prefer Glock and a 12ga loaded with $1.80 worth of dimes. My lady always has a pink 9mm close at hand that I gave to her on Valentines day. I know, hopeless romantic...

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I would defend myself and my family. I’d rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Same here, but I prefer Glock and a 12ga loaded with $1.80 worth of dimes. My lady always has a pink 9mm close at hand that I gave to her on Valentines day. I know, hopeless romantic...

I have a Glock as well as about a dozen other firearms. I put the S&W .357 revolvers around the house because they are simple and easy to use for the women and they have the stopping power to take an invader down. 9mm rounds are less reliable for stopping intruders.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

How about this...

If you are found guilty of home invasion, it is up to the person's house you invaded to decide on the punishment.
It would be like Russian roulette!

Electric chair for one house,
forgiveness at another.. You never know

Not a bad idea.

Another idea would be for someone to invent some sort of conductivity around the exterior surface of the house so an electric charge could be placed around the house electricuting these scum then we just call the morgue to pick up the trash in the morning.

If electrification is good enough to keep farm animals in a paddock it should be good enough to keep human animals out of our home.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Yes agreed a bit random indeed.

But with all the disputing over politics this week i was hopeing this topic could unify both sides on an issue for a change as foreseeing someone disagree was unlikely.

Common ground is the best medicine to help heal a great divide.

Basic but hopefully effective.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I care concealed, on my person, nightstand, never locked but always loaded and on me, shower, nightstand.

In Michigan, lethal force can be used to defend yourself or others from serious harm or death.

We arent cops. Only in cases of rape, robbery, car jacking, home invasion, self defense.

NOT see em in your house, car, garage...or running away. You can't do it. Must be in fear of your life....and they are in your face etc...

FYI: Estimated here 1 out of 5-7 people in the stores or parks are legally carrying...n I would try to save your life in a second. Home invasion? You'll be dropped at the sound 'o breaking glass.

I worry wife alone....

top topics

join