It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlize Theron's 7 year old Transgender

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker
Are you saying Homosexuality is an "illness"..Or are you blaming Charlize for confusing him (at 7 years old)

No, you've missed the boat entirely. Being trans i.e. having gender dysphoria isn't about being homosexual or sexual orientation.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Kalamitous

Please explain..I am always willing to learn.

Please include the justification of coaching a 7 year old to abandon their gender, at 7 years old.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I did know at 7 that I was a boy, yes I did

This part of your post doesn't make much sense to me..enlighten.

"I feel sorry for this kid growing up in a world where there is so little understanding of this condition illness."

Are you saying Homosexuality is an "illness"..Or are you blaming Charlize for confusing him (at 7 years old)

I think the poster was trying to say that you are confusing gender identity with sexual orientation.

Gender identity is which sex (male or female?) that a person "identifies" with.

Sexual orientation is about which gender- male or female- a person is attracted to for having sex with.

Charlize Theron is not saying her son is gay- she's not saying "my son says that he is attracted to men for sex." She is saying the he thinks he is a girl in a boy's body. Doesn't have anything to do with sexual intercourse preferences/attractions.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

Ah fudge. There goes another one, pretty soon cant watch any movies because i know what hideous monsters are in it.

Burn in hell monsters. Burn in hell..

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Kids are obviously getting these ideas from somewhere and it's likely it's the tv that is the culprit, that and internet access.

Maybe if parents limited and controlled what kids watched and were exposed to via media that might just make all the difference .

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I understand. I just have a hard time believing this 7 year old came to this conclusion all on his own.

No one should be coached into a sexual preference.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I understand. I just have a hard time believing this 7 year old came to this conclusion all on his own.

No one should be coached into a sexual preference.

What do you mean when you say "sexual preference?"

When everyone else says "sexual preference" they are talking about which gender a person prefers to have sex with. "Sexual preference"=whether you want to bang men or women.

Is that what you mean? If that's what you mean, then you are being purposely obtuse OR you are trolling.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I am definitely not trolling, and I take exception to that.

Just forget it..

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 01:34 AM
link   

You are trolling.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: solve

You are trolling.

You two jokers don't understand the difference between gender identity and sexual preference, the latter of which describes whether a person wants to have sex with men or women. Gay men, for instance, their sexual preference is men. Lesbian women want to have sex with women; that means their sexual preference is women. I am a heterosexual woman: this means I prefer, or my sexual preference, is to have sex with men.

Get it?

Gender identity just describes which GENDER a person FEELS that they "really" are. Charlize Theron's son supposedly feels like he is a girl. He is not saying he prefers to have sex with men, which is what the OP is claiming, by saying she has made her son claim to be gay. Sexual intercourse isn't a part of it.

I think that you both must think that "sexual preference" means something like "I am biologically a man, but I prefer to be a woman." That is not what the phrase means, when it is used in popular discourse. In popular discourse it means which biological gender (male or female) that you want to have sex with.

Can't make it any more plain. If you two jokers are simply arguing with me because you think I support gender fluidity, then you're dumb, because I don't. I think that a person who thinks they are the opposite sex is mentally ill in some way, or has some trauma or other issue, and needs mental and emotional healing. I do not support the gender identity agenda that is being shoved down our throats. I am trying to help you understand the terms better so you don't sound like dumb-dumbs, that's all. Good luck.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Oh your little brain is gonna explode, when you hear this..

“Yes, I thought she was a boy, too,” the 43-year-old Atomic Blonde star admitted to The Daily Mail. “Until she looked at me when she was three years old and said, ‘I am not a boy!’

We should not in any way try to influence a child's sexual preference. Let them grow into who they are and accept it either way!.

You sound exactly like Charlize:

“They were born who they are and exactly where in the world both of them get to find themselves as they grow up, and who they want to be, is not for me to decide.”

Link

edit on 26/9/19 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 02:51 AM
link   
KansasGirl has already done a good job explaining this so what I have written is probably redundant at this point but I hate to waste all this finger exercise for nothin’.

originally posted by: SabrechuckerPlease explain..I am always willing to learn.

Well in a nutshell, homosexuality is being romantically and or sexually attracted to persons of the same sex. I think most people understand that pretty clearly, at least I would hope so?

Explaining "transgender" isn't quite so simple because it's a very broad and very vague umbrella term that is so ambiguous as to have no real meaning. In the colloquial sense according to whomever decides to define it that way because there’s no agreement about what constitutes what, it means a person’s understanding of their self as being either or boy or a girl is not congruent with their anatomy or social role in society.

If one studies the childhood development of personality and identity, as we become cognizant of ourselves and the world around us, one of the if not the most fundamental under laying factor in who we are and how we relate to others is based on our gender. Children at two or three begin to recognize and differentiate between boys and girls and where and they fit into this and what they themselves are and it is often verbalized at that age. By age four and maybe to five, one’s sense of being a boy or a girl has usually solidified and without ever really ever questioning it again is set for life.

Gender dysphoria is the medical diagnostic term for those whose sense of themselves as boys or girls, male or female doesn’t align with their physical reality. In effect their “gender” is inverted in varying degrees with varying degrees of psychological discomfort ranging from mildly annoying to crippling and painfully distressing and all consuming.
In young children, this usually presents as gender atypical behavior and interests in styles of play and association with their peers and for some, also includes the desire to look like, dress like and be seen and known as who their core sense of self tells them that they are which can be very strong and overpowering. Needless to say, this situation can be very chaotic and disturbing not only to a child but also to their parents and caregivers that can consider them broken or possessed and resist letting them express themselves as they know themselves to be.

As an analogy assuming that you are male, how would you have felt if your parents had tried to raise you as a girl, put your hair in pigtails and made you wear dresses? Undoubtedly you wouldn’t have liked it much or the social feedback you received because of it and would have probably grown up as an adult with a lot of psychological problems from the abuse, shame and guilt of being treated and raised in this way.

Gender dysphoria comes in two forms, congenital and acquired with the later being something different than expressed in children and beyond the topic of this discussion. There is no one known specific cause but the body of scientific research leans heavily toward developmental miscues that happen in utero disposing one for having this unfortunate condition. In over a hundred years of scientific study, no effective therapy or protocol has been proven to cure someone with GD and at best, palliative measures are all that can be offered for dealing with it.

In some severely afflicted children who are consistently and persistently adamant they are not what their anatomy dictates, they become very disturbed, withdrawn and non-functional, have extreme social problems and refuse to go to school or interact with others unless they are perceived by others the way they see themselves and are very resistant or even capable of changing their beliefs or behaviors. Forcing them into rigid gendered boxes can have both short and long term emotional consequences especially if this is beaten into a child or their parents try to pray it away or force then into reparative conversion therapy which does more harm than good. It is believed now that allowing a child to express their cross-gender behavior while neither encouraging it or discouraging it under the affirming care model is far less psychologically harmful in the long run than denying their expression of it which allows the child to work through things as they develop toward adolescence. Most trans kids eventually reconcile the difference between their sex and gender and often turn out to be gay or lesbian adults.

What kind of parent would try to force this on a kid or encourage something like this? Most parents are appalled and horrified at having a kid like this and do their utmost to forbid or discourage such things. This is not driven by the parents, it is driven by the children themselves and just as you can’t really make someone not be gay or trans, you can’t really make someone that way either. What you can do though is try your best to not screw your kid up and for some parents, that’s letting their kid just be who they are. Parents that do “force” this on their children is a myth as far as I’m concerned and if there are those that do, indeed it is child abuse. Conversely, parents with an extremely gender dysphoric child that deny or ignore it are equally as guilty of causing harm in my book.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 03:52 AM
link   

a reply to: Bluntone22

Not this one. He's had time to dig deep, and reflect on who he is. 7 years of being a boy was clearly enough.

He should be eating crayons but...his mother is to busy telling him he's actually a female.

Back in the 60s we just ate dirt at 7. Crayons is a clear evolutionary leap, but then I saw my penis as only something to pee out of.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Lol so glad people have come to explain the rules of fantasy land.

Gets a bit hard keeping up.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop
Just face it.

Humans are diverging into two separate species. We'll one day have princess faery kings and lands full of unicorns and candy flowers, where they will drink nectar all day long and dance naked to classical gaga.

But... I'll be fine building things, fixing things and generally ignoring the dross.. And lets face it, should they ever decide to attack.. aaahhahaha... Beware the assless chaps!

You wont have to worry about that usually it's you straight cis gendered males doing most of the attacking....but I know how much you alpha males on ats enjoy the fantasys of violence.
edit on 26-9-2019 by Jg513 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Jg513

They aren't the ones cutting off their penis and shoving stuff up their butts?

How did you actually get to your conclusion?

Not judging just interested in changing my thought patterns and that seems like a good spot to jump off.

Cutting a weiner off and jamming stuff up your butt could be described as violent. I suppose you view it as love and care?

Please explain, I don't want to put words in your mouth

edit on 26 9 19 by Analbumcover because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   

It's not for redundant the more people that speak our against irrational fear and bigotry the better.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Not this one. He's had time to dig deep, and reflect on who he is. 7 years of being a boy was clearly enough.

He should be eating crayons but...his mother is to busy telling him he's actually a female.

Huh...It's almost like he spent 7 years being a child, then once puberty started kicking in he noticed something wrong. Almost like his feelings didn't match his externally applied gender...weird.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Zelun

7 years???

That makes it alright.

I would have been a doctor in that amount of time.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Back in the 60s we just ate dirt at 7. Crayons is a clear evolutionary leap, but then I saw my penis as only something to pee out of.

My boy at 5 named his penis a pee out.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join