It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The knowledge of Good and Evil and the Hermetic Principles.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Part I

In my time away from ATS, I've done a significant amount of meditation, study, and self reflection. In this process, I've noticed that what takes place in my heart and mind doesn't always stay there. I began to notice synchronicities, strange precognitive events, and even manifestations that reflect my own thoughts; basically some "Law of Attraction" like stuff.

As a believer in Christ, this should not have come as such a surprise, but it did. I was of the opinion that prayer was the only way to "manifest" a desire, but looking deeper, I realized a few things:

The Hermetic Principles outline some basic ideas about the universe. The laws of correspondence (as above, so below), mentalism, polarity, vibration, gender, cause/effect, and rhythm. My strange experiences prompted me to look into Hermeticism. I soon realized that all of these so-called "Hermetic" principles are found all over the Bible. The book of Romans (specifically in Greek) almost seems to be written as if the reader knew these principles to be axioms. In fact, the theme of Romans 1 and 2 seems to be, 'worship the Law Giver, not the Law'. I'm not just talking about the Divine Laws (which I believe are written into our hearts in the form of "archetypes"), but the Natural (phusis) Laws as well.

As a Christian in church, I was always taught that these Hermetic ideas were a sin. Now, I've shifted my perspective. The Natural Laws are a creation of God. They cannot be a sin by themselves, but they can certainly be used in sinful ways. How so?

Sowing to the Flesh:

Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap. 8 For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. 9 Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary.

I understand the Flesh to be more than genetically produced material, but also the epigenetic Collective Unconscious. It's an entropic system; always decaying, an algorithmic series that contains a fundamental error. Any Hermetic style manifestation that comes from the Flesh ultimately works together for darkness. Though this might not be obvious, the whole system is too complex to work around the decay.

Sowing to the Wind:

Hosea 8:6 For this thing is from Israel—a craftsman made it, and it is not God. It will be broken to pieces, that calf of Samaria. 7 Indeed, they sow the wind and reap the whirlwind.

Satan is the prince of the power of the air. Sowing to the wind is invoking the powers of the air. I understand this to be the invocation of angels (demonic imposters), demons, and pseudo-gods to amplify the power that our minds already possess. This is like sowing to the Flesh, only worse, because the potential for destruction is greatly amplified; perhaps in direct proportion to the manifested desire.

So what is the solution?

Do everything in Christ. Be filled with the Holy Spirit. Sow to the Spirit. Jesus stated, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him.” He taught His followers, "For truly I tell you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.".

Finally, to tie it all together;

John 15:5 “I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. 6 “If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned. 7 “If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8 “My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples.

This tells me that not only are all things possible if you have the faith to back it, but if you sow your desires from a position of faith in Christ, your manifestation will be a Spiritually glorifying gift.

I've tested this. It works. I can't prove it to you, but you can test this yourself.

1) Believe that Jesus the Christ died for your violations against God's Divine Law. We have all violated that Law at some point. Jesus paid for our violations with His own knowledge (Isaiah 53:11). By His knowledge, many are justified.

2) Abide in Christ, being filled with the Holy Spirit (1 John 1:9). Tell God your violations when you commit them. Its a practice of Spiritual Mindfulness.

3) Grow your faith via the Word of God.

4) Sow your desires into the Spirit, and harvest your manifestations in season.

I manifested a new job, a free Serengeti cat (an expensive breed), a job and vehicle for a friend in need, and many other things. To the extent that you believe, it is possible.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I wonder how much my view of this reality would change if I believed there were all powerful spirits that played a game of 'whatever' with my soul during my time in this reality?

If there are all powerful spirits that are able to interact with my life form at will, do I really have free will?

Is there some type of comfort in this belief?

If I do right, act with honor and nobility throughout this existence, will I still be shunned for not believing? Is there any redemption in walking the path of the light?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I am very deep into gnostic and esoteric christianity...I can not remember where, but Peter is recorded in the bible as saying milk is for babies, meat is for men. I have always taken this to mean those who are not deep thinkers believe and follow salvation path. Those who search are on a more enlightened journey.

It is a rough journey to be sure, but the spiritual rewards are greater.

Right now i am studying the zohar.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Part II

So where in the Bible does it tell us that we possess this God-like power?

I'll show you.

Genesis 1:27 And God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

Psalm 82:6 I said, “You are gods,
And all of you are sons of the Most High.
7“Nevertheless you will die like men,
And fall like any one of the princes.”

John 10:34 Jesus answered them, “Has it not been written in your Law, ‘I SAID, YOU ARE GODS’? 35 “If he called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), 36 do you say of Him, whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?

This is the mirror principle: As above, so below. If we are created in God's image and likeness, then we are each a microcosmic image of God. He is the Most High God, and we are gods. God is not the universe. The universe is part of God's reflection. If we have consciousness, free will, sentience, and sovereignty, then its because God had it first.

So how does the Knowledge of Good and Evil fit into all this? After all, it is another quality that makes us like God.

Genesis 3: 22Then the LORD God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever”

I posit that the knowledge of good and evil is nothing more than the knowledge of preference. In order to create, you have to break the symmetry of preference. You have to consider something good and something else bad. Without the knowledge of good and evil, everything is homogenous. Homogeny does not allow for creation. Even in physics, the great question is; How was symmetry spontaneously broken?

Why was God withholding this knowledge from us? Was He being a cruel Demiurge? I think not. I think Adam and Eve where too Spiritually immature to handle the knowledge of good and evil. You don't put a gun in an infant's hand and expect good results. God was testing man's loyalty. Maybe if Eve had ignored the serpent, or if Adam had ignored Eve's offering of the fruit, things may have played out very differently.

No the age old question persists. Was Lucifer (represented by the serpent) our liberator, or our deceiver.

I suggest that the source of the decay in our Flesh is not from the Knowledge of Good and Evil, but is an emergent corruption that stems from the combination of Spiritual immaturity and the Knowledge of Good and Evil.

With the Knowledge of Good and Evil, mankind manifested an entire history of atrocities. Ultimately, we have two fields to choose from; the entropic field of the Flesh, or the anti-entropic field of the Holy Spirit, in Christ. In that light, it seems apparent to me that Jesus' ministry was about the restoration of mankind. Saving God's own image for God's own name's sake.

Please, I would really love some ideas from the reader(s). Thanks.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Jesus claimed to be the doorway to the light. I believe His words, and I believe in Him. All violations against God's Law involve either a violation against Him directly, a violation against yourself (self loathing), or a violation against a fellow man. Either way, a violation is either carried out against God personally or an individual created in His image.

Spirits can influence us, but they can't control us. That's analogous to the difference between a probabilistic system and a deterministic one. A probabilistic system is probably predictable. A deterministic system is 100% predictable.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

I manifested a new job, a free Serengeti cat (an expensive breed), a job and vehicle for a friend in need, and many other things. To the extent that you believe, it is possible.

There are other methods as well can be used other than the original Christian doctrine *ask and yea shall receive" that seem to work for these positive outcomes; Chaos Magick for instance. Actually if you believe in yourself you can create a method totally unique to yourself. I have manifested free tin sheeting, a coveted truck, health (contentment is still a problem). Organized religion and national .govs want us to believe we are not in control; WE ARE as we are CREATORS of a special sort..God in flesh.
edit on 25-9-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

But as you said earlier, right and wrong could be an imprint into our very being, therefor salvation could be attained without ever knowing or acknowledging The One. Is that a correct statement?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   

All violations against God's Law involve either a violation against Him directly, a violation against yourself (self loathing), or a violation against a fellow man. Either way, a violation is either carried out against God personally or an individual created in His image.

There is no such thing as "Gods Law". All is allowed as God experiences Itself through us. God cannot help but love the good and the bad It must generate to experience equally resulting in PROGRESSION positive. What you may call the Law: the 10 Commandments have been misidentified as they were actually meant as Covenants only (an agreement) rather than something to be punished if disobeyed. Why would God punish Itself?
edit on 25-9-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

2 Peter 2:1 Therefore, putting aside all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander, 2 like newborn babies, long for the pure milk of the word, so that by it you may grow in respect to salvation, 3 if you have tasted the kindness of the Lord.

I believe that nuggets of truth can be found anywhere. I do my best not to throw the baby out with the bath water. I don't know much about the Zohar, but I have re-appropriated the Kabbalistic Tree of Life to fit the nine fruits of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22), while using the Holy Spirit Himself as the 10th Sephirah. I have a hunch that its all interconnected, since both the Kabbalists and the Apostle Paul used the Old Testament as foundation. From my own subjective perspective, the correspondences are there, and very strong. Nevertheless, the Bible is my foundation. I test everything according to what Jesus taught.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Yes it is! And I'm glad you caught on to that. Read the book of Romans. The Law is written in our hearts, and when we violate that Law, that Law proves us guilty. The Old Testament had a host of symbolic violations to illustrate a two-fold principle.

1) Love the Lord your God with all heart, soul, mind and Spirit.

2) Love your fellow man as yourself.

Thus if you violate that Law with even the smallest self-serving lie, it reveals the entropic tendency of the Flesh to consistently violate that Law. To break one law is to violate the whole Law. Jesus taught that. The point is not for God to rub it in our faces, but for us to enter the Light through Jesus the Christ. Believe in Him, and we can move forward and grow. Under the conviction of the Law, there is no Spiritual growth, only decay.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

That's basically what I'm implying. I use prayer for the things that my faith cant reach yet, but for the small things, I use "chaos magick"...mainly for small manifestations and self-transformation. However, my point is to show that one can sow to the Spirit or to the Flesh. If you don't believe in Christ, or even if you believe in Christ, but sin before sowing, you sow to the flesh.

I've sown to the flesh accidentally and I've noticed the decay that follows. Thankfully, God alerts me so that I can stop myself from continuing the process.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   

A profound discovery on your behalf.
Yet, before you all along.
Continue.

S&F

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Hmmm , you do appear to carry the light in spite of the material you choose to believe in.

Peace to you

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Same to you friend.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Read the book of Romans. The Law is written in our hearts, and when we violate that Law, that Law proves us guilty. The Old Testament had a host of symbolic violations to illustrate a two-fold principle.
1) Love the Lord your God with all heart, soul, mind and Spirit.
2) Love your fellow man as yourself.

Romans hates the human being. It was written by a sadist trolling for victims...*all human kind are automatically born of sin* repent!

BELIEVER: Thus if you violate that Law with even the smallest self-serving lie, it reveals the entropic tendency of the Flesh to consistently violate that Law. To break one law is to violate the whole Law. Jesus taught that. The point is not for God to rub it in our faces, but for us to enter the Light through Jesus the Christ. Believe in Him, and we can move forward and grow. Under the conviction of the Law, there is no Spiritual growth, only decay.

Master Jesus. How his ministry has been twisted and misunderstood. I don't understand this idea that God rubs our faces in something to force the human into a light. There should be no Religions; these were a perversion of the teachings of great 9D beings sent here to uplift the human spirit in times of dark oppression.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   

That's basically what I'm implying. I use prayer for the things that my faith cant reach yet, but for the small things, I use "chaos magick"...mainly for small manifestations and self-transformation. However, my point is to show that one can sow to the Spirit or to the Flesh. If you don't believe in Christ, or even if you believe in Christ, but sin before sowing, you sow to the flesh. I've sown to the flesh accidentally and I've noticed the decay that follows. Thankfully, God alerts me so that I can stop myself from continuing the process.

You mean your higher self alerts you (your past lives soul group posse) pay attention!

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   
God is everything form A-Z, the Alpha & the Omega, beginning & the end, above & below and everything in between. God is existence & consciousness itself. We are created in the image and likeness of God, just like Jesus.

Each of us exists in physical creation, as well as, spiritually through our concious. Knowledge is infinite & each of us possesses a narrow bandwidth of knowledge, both physically & spiritually. Most of us naturally know the difference between right & wrong through collective conscious natural law. Good can't exist without evil, love can't exist without hate, light can't exist without darkness, left can't exist without right, masculine can't exist without feminine, atheism can't exist without religion, positive can't exist without negative, etc. & vice-versa. These things are one & the same just different polarities.

Meanings of words are different today vs past times. For instance the meaning of being 'saved' has a different meaning today vs In the past. For instance the word 'good' derives from the word 'God', the word 'goodbye' derives from the saying 'God be with you' & the word 'bigot' originally meant 'by God'. The bible may have a totally different meaning then how we interpret it & other ancient writings.
edit on 25-9-2019 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
I wonder how much my view of this reality would change if I believed there were all powerful spirits that played a game of 'whatever' with my soul during my time in this reality?

If there are all powerful spirits that are able to interact with my life form at will, do I really have free will?

Is there some type of comfort in this belief?

If I do right, act with honor and nobility throughout this existence, will I still be shunned for not believing? Is there any redemption in walking the path of the light?

For we are saved by faith, through the grace of God, and not by works, lest any man boast

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   

If I meant higher self or past lives, I would have state that. I mean the Holy Spirit. If your perception tells you otherwise then that's your illusion not mine.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I should also clarify, in my understanding, good and evil are relativistic phases of perception.

Light and Darkness are Truth and the misapplication of Truth, or Truth and cancelled Truth.

The difference between the two are analogous to electromagnetic constructive and destructive interference.

Light is absolute Truth. Good and Evil are simply your perspective of the Truth.
edit on 25-9-2019 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join