It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Disgraceful': Fox News apologizes to Greta Thunberg after guest calls her 'mentally ill'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 05:34 AM
link   
It's the Converse All☆Star brand RIP-off.

Converse shoes, Chucks, whatever you want to call them.

Damn, Antifa ruined that too.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Hi all, Aspy and proud Father of an Aspy here, I just want to clear something up real quick,

Asperger's is not a 'mental illness', we're simply wired a little differently.

Neither myself nor my Son are on any medication (well, I am, but I'll stick to the T's&C's), and neither are any of us in any kind of therapy.

It makes me laugh when I read some comments about Asperger's, my Son too.

In fact, my Son recently started college and they've already nicknamed him 'Captain Autismo', he wears it like a badge of honour.

Not being defensive, I'm not offended, I'm amused if anything, lol 🙂

🍻
edit on 25/9/2019 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: Tried to make the 'not' a normal sized font:status/failed

edit on 25/9/2019 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: Huh? It fixed itself, 🤷🏻‍♂️

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity
Hi all, Aspy and proud Father of an Aspy here, I just want to clear something up real quick,

Asperger's is not a 'mental illness', we're simply wired a little differently.

Neither myself nor my Son are on any medication (well, I am, but I'll stick to the T's&C's), and neither are any of us in any kind of therapy.

It makes me laugh when I read some comments about Asperger's, my Son too.

In fact, my Son recently started college and they've already nicknamed him 'Captain Autismo', he wears it like a badge of honour.

Not being defensive, I'm not offended, I'm amused if anything, lol 🙂

🍻

Schizophrenics are wired a little differently too, that's why they give them meds to keep them on an even keel.
It all depends on where you go for answers as to whether Asperger's is a mental illness.
Some refer to it as mental illness, others draw a finer line and call it psychological disorder.
I see depression listed as mental illness.

If it would give a liberal a reason to take a gun away from you, they might just call Asperger's a mental illness.
edit on b000000302019-09-25T07:54:45-05:0007America/ChicagoWed, 25 Sep 2019 07:54:45 -0500700000019 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Most seem to classify Aspergers syndrome, as a developmental autism spectrum disorder. It impacts on the individual's ability to communicate and read social situations. It doesn't affect their intelligence capabilities, yet one has to wonder if young Greta may be misconstruing the social society in this world and inaccurately making wrong obsessive conclusions.

I do think this publicity will cause her more harm than good. Society tends to hold you high then drops you hard when they rapidly decide another should be uplifted. For one such as Greta...that could be a fatal fall in the end.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
a reply to: butcherguy

Most seem to classify Aspergers syndrome, as a developmental autism spectrum disorder. It impacts on the individual's ability to communicate and read social situations. It doesn't affect their intelligence capabilities, yet one has to wonder if young Greta may be misconstruing the social society in this world and inaccurately making wrong obsessive conclusions.

They are obsessive, I have an autistic grandson and all his cd's/dvd's are

put away in a certain order and he knows immediately if they have been moved

His memory on journeys is incredible, although he doesn't drive he is aware of

any change of route to any previous destination and will tell you you're wrong

if you change the usual route.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Britster1821

They were ruined as soon as they put Desmond Is Amazing as their spokesperson for their gay rainbow shoes.
No more Chucks for me.
Besides that, they sold out to Nike anyway. Screw 'em.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock
So here we are on this thread and I'm in complete agreement.
[off topic]
If her Antifa parents had fed hed sh*t her entire life maybe she wouldn't regurgitate ass-burgers.
[lame humor]

ganjoa

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Why exactly are we even listening to an autistic kid? I have a grandson who is autistic and if he became obsessed like this little girl, I would distract him with a shiny new toy,, I certainly wouldnt let him hurt his brain on such nonsense or embarrass himself on the world stage. Shame on her parents.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I do think this publicity will cause her more harm than good. Society tends to hold you high then drops you hard when they rapidly decide another should be uplifted. For one such as Greta...that could be a fatal fall in the end.

That is really sad.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
ASD is not a mental illnes, in the same way as being deaf or blind is not a mental illnes. I thought ATS was suppose to deny ignorance!

It is clear that those with asd (aspergers is part of the spectrum) are much more likely to suffer mental ill health, think ocd depression.......

I feel she is being used to further someone elses agenda. Its disgusting that her parents are allowing this. While I am no Trump fan, he is the potus so a very important person having been elected to represent the USA (this thread is not for debating his legitimcy) The way Greta looked at Trump as he walked past, was as if she believes that she is more important than him. Whoever is encouraging that crap is guilty of child abuse in my eyes.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
Children should be seen and not heard, preferably unseen as well, but one can't have everything.

Might suggest to some. Just don't have children. See what happens when you do!

Kind regards,

bally

I dislike their unsocialized behavior so much I had no children, which left me with a lot more money and happy as hell.

Children ruin every marriage.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: toolgal462

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: eletheia

If you put yourself out there in the media you have to be prepared that not

every one is going to like you, or agree with you !

'Old Chinese Proverb'....

*If you can't stand the heat-get out of the kitchen*

You mean like those Covington kids ?

Those kids did not put themselves out there in the media, they were minding their own business waiting for their bus.

Yep that man's face was clearly obstructing their passage on to the bus.

Actually, that is precisely what happened or didn't you watch the video? "that man" was the one who approached the kids and violated the personal space of one boy in particular, all the while beating a drum and chanting inches away from his face.

If that is your idea of proper social behavior, invading a strangers personal space and beating a drum and chanting then you must not have many friends.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

she has autism and selective mutisim(cant talk all the time depending on situation) so technically she is not sure thats what the guy was referencing( i dont watch fox ) . i have a mental illness so im not exactly offended when people call me mentally ill its alot better then being called retard or other less friendly things

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

she has autism and selective mutisim(cant talk all the time depending on situation) so technically she is not sure thats what the guy was referencing( i dont watch fox ) . i have a mental illness so im not exactly offended when people call me mentally ill its alot better then being called retard or other less friendly things

There are always excuses when people like this act badly. Those who support this beast aren't interested in the truth.

All they care about is the attention.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Oraculi

Unless she is, he should not have said it.

She has been diagnosed with Autism, Asbergers, OCD, Clinical Depression, and Selective Mutism.

She's certainly not mentally healthy.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Oraculi

I think it's Knowles with the head problems.

Maybe he should get himself tested?

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
She is an autist.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join