It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple will build new Mac Pros in Texas amid tariffs

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Trump has the guts to bring jobs back to America and to go against the states desire to keep imports high so they can pass through their state creating high paying jobs and to attract the millionaires to start big tech places in their states.

I feel like you and other posters are misunderstanding whats actually happened here... I won't hold it against ya though, I understand that people are easily duped by media spin and that fox news article was blatantly deceiving.

The thing is, Mac pros were already produced in the US. But then apple threatened to move production to China unless they could receive an exemption on the tariffs... to which Trump originally refused.

But now as it happens, Trump has folded to their demands and allowed apple an exemption on the tariffs, so that they continue manufacturing the mac pro in the states.

Basically, this story isn't about Trump creating jobs in the states because of his tariffs... its about him saving already existing jobs by giving apple an exemption on his tariffs.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join