It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greta Thunberg at climate action summit.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

You know there is a difference between right and alt right, right?

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

You can't criticize the children. If you do, you're a heartless monster who hates children along with hating whatever cause it is they've been trotted out to push. They're being used as psychological human shields by the leftists.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Personally I find it a bit embarrassing that some people need schooled on climate change by teenagers...

Personally, I find it embarrassing that some people hold positions so uncomplicated that even teenagers spew it effortlessly, and yet they don't stop and think that maybe they should look for some depth and complexity to their worldviews.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17
Any validity to the rumor that she sailed over for the environmentalism PR but had 2 people fly to pick the boat back up... PsyOp

wattsupwiththat.com...

Four transatlantic flights

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Guess what?

My IQ tested put me in the 99 percentile too, and I still didn't know enough about the world at Greta's age to be considered a world authority on complex issues affecting everyone everywhere like most proposed climate policy will.

The main difference between myself then and now? Now I have a lot more experience and recognize that I didn't know nearly as much about things then as I thought I did because even though I was really, really smart and capable and knew quite a bit and picked stuff up quickly, some things you just cannot substitute experience in life for.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Yet, as always, the right and left make this political. OP and others don't care about science or the environment. They just want to push their political party's beliefs rather than discussing.

I think it's going to dawn on people way too late that the climate isn't political. The changes that the earth is going through that are being spurred on by mans reliance on fossil fuels is going to be kicking down the front door before we know it.

People need to stop thinking about doomsday as one sudden event. That isn't the way it works. The reality is that it's a drawn out process we're in the middle of right now. And we can do things to make it better. But there's just so much money available to pay off our leaders to look the other way.

The same people creating the talking points against climate change are the same people that crafted the arguments against the dangers of tobacco. I'd hope that would be enough for people to realize what's going on. The oil companies don't really believe the crap that climate deniers spew. The entire time they're pumping money into politicians pockets and creating organizations to fight against the idea of anthropogenic climate change they're building their oil platforms higher because of sea level rise..

They know what's going on. Even if the people they pay to argue in their favor don't.
edit on 24-9-2019 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Can anyone tell me how these speaking gigs at the UN can be arranged?

This was obviously planned well in advance. You get some unknown random teenage girl and give her a podium in front of the world's leaders so she can wag her finger at them and say, "Shame on you!"

I want to do that! I'm not a teenage girl but I am a random nobody. I should be able to address the UN and tell them about the evils of debt based fiat currency systems. I should be allowed to call out world leaders for allowing all these wars and genocides in the Middle East. I want to call them to account for not taking action against drug cartels that kill millions and the banks launder their blood money. I should be able to demand full disclose of the attendees and agendas of Bilderberger meetings.

Who do I need to talk to? I have as much right as a random teenager to address the UN on the issues I care about. Who arranged this speaking engagement for her?

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I think it will dawn on people way too late that the changes the earth is going are natural and that no matter how much we destroy and how freedom we surrender to the power elites in society to dictate how we will live, the world will do what it will do.

And when we are all living a bare subsistence level existence and plug ignorant again and blaming harsh winters on Old Widow Hankins the village Witch, we'll be too stupid to realize that we've been played by the gods in their cities on the hill.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

Yea.. i was just remembering an infowars article i read.. didn't mean to group everyone as one entity.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

I think that too many people are being too harsh in their opinions of this kid as she is very obviously being used to push an agenda. When she first spoke publicly she had a few good points but since the left started pushing her so hard (and the right has reacted just as the left wants them to) this poor child has been pushed to the breaking point.

Children and teens especially are extremely emotional creatures (mostly due to hormones run amok) and the adults pushing her more and more into the public eye- risking her mental health with no regards for the repercussions- are the ones who deserve your disdain. When this child ends up having a nervous breakdown (from being under the public microscope AND from her own fears and anxieties being amped up and manipulated by the adults surrounding her) they will even use her breakdown and milk it for all it is worth- and then move on to the next "IT" girl/boy.

We should feel pity for this poor child rather than disdain.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

I hate to tell you this but I sincerely hope we continue on exactly as we have because

1. We have tackled pollution. In general, we have cleaner air, we have cleaner soil and we have cleaner water than the 1950s

If you don't remember, Lake Erie was declared dead in the 1950s and now its a thriving fishery. If you don't remember children in LA wore gas masks during recess in the 1950s.

In the last 100 years, global temperatures rose by a little less than 1 degree. Life expectancy doubled, per capita income increased by over 10 fold and you would have us believe that if the temperature rises by another 0.5 degree, the whole thing is going to collapse over the next the 30 years.

How absurd!!

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The more I keep seeing everyone swoon over this girl and her message, the more I can't help but think of this:

The Earth will be fine. If our fate is a bad one because of our choices, then so be it. It's in our nature to be the way we are. We'll either learn to adapt, or become the next contestant on "When Extinction Attacks!!!" on EarthTV. Maybe we'll become CHUD's?? I mean, some people think cannibalism will save the world??

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

*shakes fist at old widow Hankins*

"Grab yer pitchforks people, we have to save the village"

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Agreed that oil companies and others have a stake in putting out anti-climate change propaganda.

I really cant say what i believe in because ive heard arguments for and against various aspects of climate change and im just too uninformed to make up my mind.

I just think we should be doing something for the environment on a global scale. Human beings create massive waste and unfamiliar chemicals that imbalance the earth.

It feels like many on the right are shoving their heads in the sand because they feel pollution or climate change is somehow only a leftist issue.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

I think she relishes in it to a certain degree, also.

To her, this is her 15 minutes. She's loving it. No matter the cause, reason or intent, she's a superstar now.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

So we should be going after places like CHina and India then, right? They are the biggest polluters in the world.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Yes! But we can't just say "f$ck it" because china is willing to get ahead by reducing pollution standards to an abysmal low..

Maybe refusing to buy chinese products that aren't varified by a third party that creates pollution standards is one solution.

Idk.. it's tough because msm teaches ruthless capitalism. Look at that show shark tank. They ALWAYS suggest or ask why a company isn't outsourcing to china or some cheap slave labor...
edit on 24-9-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I hate the climate. I think it's terrible.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Yes!

So the fact that NO ONE ever mentions them in the course of any of these climate action anythings tells you how unserious they actually are. They have a different motive aimed at political control of the people and not actually at saving anything to do with the climate.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Ummm...I totally agree...

Pity the poor child used by agenda and adult...keep the disdain for the adults using the poor child...

Her parents...and everyone else associated with hoisting her on their petards should be roundly shunned...

These people have no shame...they will use this already overly medicated child up and when she finally does break under the strain...they will happily move on to their next face of agenda...

Bread and circus...and the plebes just eat it up...

YouSir

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join