It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' actor Aron Eisenberg dies at age 50

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
CNN

"He was an intelligent, humble, funny, emphatic soul," Eisenberg's wife Malíssa Longo posted on Facebook.
"There will never be another light like Aron's. The beauty that he was and the legacy he leaves behind is beyond words. I love him dearly and will miss him eternally. At the moment I'm not sure how to do life without him."

Rest in Peace, Aron Eisenberg. I grew up watching Deep Space 9. Nog and Jake's friendship was a long evolving and deep relationship that had spanned the entire show. DS9 would not have been the same without this dymanic in play. Aron Eisenberg will be missed.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I'm not familiar with him, but looked it up, as 50 is so young to die. Cause unknown, but he's had 2 kidney transplants. Rest in peace.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Never really got into DS9 but RiP Aron Eisenberg , Condolences to his family , friends and fans.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
RiP he will be missed.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Loved DS9...may Mr. Eisenberg rest in peace forever.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
WHAT? Nog died?? He was too young to kick off

I know he had issues with his kidneys most of his life (his kidney issues resulted in his short stature) and that he's had two transplants, but damn. Talk about reminding people "here today, gone tomorrow" applies to anyone

And on the Star Trek reddit, even Wil Wheaton stopped by to comment. It's well-known throughout the Trekkie universe that Aron was very well-liked by pretty much anyone that he ever worked with or just ran into in daily life.

Edit: I double checked, and yeah, he's had kidney issues his entire life, as he was born with only one partially functioning kidney that failed when he was 14 &resulted in him being on dialysis treatment for several years until his first transplant at 17. And what makes his death even sadder is the he & his wife eloped back in December. They hadn't even been married a year yet

edit on 9/22/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
50 is so young... I'm almost there. and my family has a pretty not so nice rate. My old man died at 52.

So it just goes to show, you may strive, connive, cheat and lie to have as many bars of latinum as you can horde, but you can't take them with you... Think I'll take a walk to nowhere tomorrow.. a mindful embrace of the little things often forgotten.

Rest in peace, Nog.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

yeah he was born with only one kidney and i think had his last transplant either in 2005 or 2015 he got it from a fan who liked his work,way to young to die

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   
He was a hell of a nice guy. He had a really strong character arc in DS9.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
RIP Nog, you will be missed

new topics

top topics

join