It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackface Canadian Scandal: Alaurentia Defends PM Candidate Justin Trudeau

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I think it's worth sharing, because to me this "scandal" is sooooo representative of just how much people nowadays are triggered by such stupid things.

A few days ago, Justin Trudeau, running Candidate for Canada Prime Minister, was accused of racism after photos of him emerged. The pictures were showing him disguised, with make-up making his face appear dark.

The blackface scandal - CBC

This automatically triggered a large part of the population to call him racist, based solely on these picture.

The President of Alaurentia, the bioregional movement in Quebec, for once, took the defence of Trudeau:

The colour of one's skin is a concept as trivial, to me, as the colour of one's hair. People change the colour of their hair all the time. Yet Afro-Americans have a high incidence of black hair. Would you consider calling a person racist because this person changed hair colour?

Official Alaurentian announcement

I feel this argument is very relevant. I am white. Now, I know some dark-skinned tribes around the world sometime paint their faces white. Should I start calling them racist for doing so? Of course not! It's ridiculous.

People need to stop a moment and take a breather. Stop being so triggered by everything.

I personally feel make-up arts is amazing. It's an awesome method of expression, something unique to humankind as a species. I don't think we should start calling people racist just because they happen to use dark makeup on their faces.

edit on 22-9-2019 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

The problem with Trudeau is that he's utterly clueless. When he went to India, he commissioned fashion designers to make him and his family "the best traditional Indian outfits" for his goofy photo-ops. And he kept doing it! At every event they attended.
He still doesnt realize they were a huge laughing stock throughout the entire country. It's really bizarre. He literally is that cluelesss.

Indian Trudeaus

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I'm positive most people don't give a rat's arse about blackface and don't see it as racist at all. The most important factor in this whole circus is that it was Trudeau...one of the most annoying SJW's on the planet, who would surely have a fit and call for public shaming if it was someone else......chickens coming home to roost and all that....

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Ummm...hello my friend...I would not call it racism...

I would use the definition provided by Mr Trudeau’s own religion of progressivism...cultural appropriation...

And this would not be his only lapse in judgement in this regard...would it...?

I would also use the word hypocrisy to define this...lapse...

This whole hysterical affair is an easy illustration of the lie that lives at the heart of those who would preach out of an singular side of their mouth...

As representatives of religions typically do...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Holloween's coming........ Triggered fools prepare.... time to ape spazz out and fling stuff.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
I'm positive most people don't give a rat's arse about blackface and don't see it as racist at all. The most important factor in this whole circus is that it was Trudeau...one of the most annoying SJW's on the planet, who would surely have a fit and call for public shaming if it was someone else......chickens coming home to roost and all that....

Exactly!

It's the hypocracy of the race baiters who are trying to make this out to be nothing while wanting to crucify anyone not of their political beliefs that has most of us rolling at how phony the SJW/Progs are when it comes to selectively enforcing their political power to ruin peoples lives over something done years ago.

Look at Ralph Northam the gov of VA. Still govenor, yet if he was a Republican you can bet he would have been forced to resign.

edit on 22-9-2019 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Cancel culture requires one to apologize for everything or nothing. You're either Sarah Silverman or Donald Trump. There is no middle ground. In the case of this drama teacher he has already declared himself a member of the Church of Woke. Therefore he must bend a knee to anyone from his religion who calls him an infidel.

This won't be the last time he will have to grovel at the feet of a group of perpetually outraged idiots. But he made this bed so my sympathies are all but non-existent...

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I think it's worth sharing, because to me this "scandal" is sooooo representative of just how much people nowadays are triggered by such stupid things.

So you thought you'd double-down by showing how triggered you are by a bunch of other triggered people?

I haven't paid much attention to this beyond the headlines, because it's ridiculous from every angle. So I have no idea what Trudeau's intentions or purposes were when he decided to do this, and your OP does not address it either, but it matters. And while it's fair to say that not all "blackface" (or other cultural appropriation) is racist or offensive, neither is it fair to say that no "blackface" (or cultural appropriation) is racist or offensive. People can do the same thing for different reasons. It all depends on what is in their own individual minds and hearts.

For those who do consider all such acts racist or otherwise offensive, they're pretty much damned if they do speak out against Trudeau, and damned if they don't. If they speak out, they're easily dismissed as "triggered" or "traitors," depending on one's perspective... if they don't speak out, they are easily dismissed as "hypocrites." When the real hypocrites are those who do or have condemned others for the same act, but now defend rather than condemn Trudeau.

I don't think anyone wants to send Trudeau to prison for this. It's all ideological and political. So by all means give the voters the truth and let the chips fall where they may... at the ballot box.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

Blackface has a racist history. It's really bad taste. However, i think an apology and admitting that it was wrong is all that is needed.

I think if people just say, "yea it was stupid and uninformed", then that should be ebough.

It's usually when people defend blackface that it's a problem.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Blackface is rooted in racism.

www.history.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I agree that what Trudeau did with the ‘black face’ was no big deal. The problem is the cancel culture or the fact that society is becoming overly PC. The entire row about the ‘black face’ is indicative of a world wide problem of listening too much to the idiots of the world and forgoing common sense.

edit on 2019/9/22 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

Why this needs to be constantly pointed out is .. triggering me.

Exactly... It's like someone yelling at you and berating you for not giving to charity, being caught having stolen from charities a decade earlier.

The only triggered people I see are those using the word triggered in their OPs.. step back, outside the emotional arena, and just look at the situation...

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Is it wrong for a black person to bleach their skin, straighten their hair and bleach it blonde?

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I agree this is nothing I would get upset over but im tired of the goalposts being shifted every time progressives get caught projecting. Set an equal standard for all and stick to it; is that too much to ask?

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

The pictures were showing him disguised, with make-up making his face appear dark

Dark Make-up.........

Is that the spin you are going to try? Maybe no one will realize it's blackface if I call it something else.

Lol

He gets to be burned at the stake the same as everyone else does.

The Left are the ones who made the rules for this crazy game .

Don't blame people for enforcing those rules equally.

Just wait till his abuse of women starts to come out.......

We like to use proper pronouns here. HE is f#&+3d.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I haven't heard anything about abuse of women but he did apologize and say he regrets ever doing it.

www.cbsnews.com...

I think that's good enough. Aren't you just acting exactly like the far left if you say he is unforgivable after apologizing?

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

There is a very obvious reason why civil rights champions and such get the benefit of the doubt when conservative republicans do not...

Because in real life what your intentions are matter, no matter what Fox News tells you, and people , rightly or wrongly assume they know someone’s intentions based on their historical record..

For example Steve Cohen will make a club or two from time to time, but has spent decades working with and helping black Tennesseans..

So they give him the benefit of the doubt..

However, when some conservative who made his name spouting about welfare queens and black on white crime.. they do not give them the benefit of the doubt..

It is very obvious.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: pavil

I haven't heard anything about abuse of women but he did apologize and say he regrets ever doing it.

www.cbsnews.com...

I think that's good enough. Aren't you just acting exactly like the far left if you say he is unforgivable after apologizing?

He's done it at least 3 times with blackface.... And the way he answered, it's probably more than three times. He's lied once when he said it was only once and now he leaves it open-ended that there might be more than 3.

All he has to do is apologize and everything is fine?
Sorry that's not the rules of this game. Apologies don't matter, don't you know? I didn't make the game, nor the rules. I'm just enforcing them evenly and equally. The Rules are the same for everyone, right?

His actions towards women in the past will probably come up as well. Don't think he wasn't a player. His whole image is just a big facade. You know sanctimonious people are the worst offenders of these things.

Canadians are too nice to play dirty politics.

Not my Country, they can do what they want. I will call him out for it.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 02:32 AM
link   

racism never ends, here in America we are fired bcz of our color, we are hit bcz of our color, we are killed bcz our color. the same old and rooted story never ends as long as the racist officials remain in power this can approach the USA to the brink of a civil war.

top topics

join