It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If it took 30,000 years to recover from "Dino-killer"...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JON666

OK, sure. We can't find any so that just means it's hidden under the ocean?

Wanting something to be true, does not make it so.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

i think anything further back than a couple of thousand years is entirely guesswork. only stone survives the ages. technology is made of metal and plastics, these things disappear over aeons.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

Yes of course. Stromatolites.
Link

A few stromatolites, or domelike like rock structures built by ancient microbial communities, have been found at the Strelley Pool formation in Australia that may date to about 3.45 billion years ago. Fossil sulfur-eating microbes from about 3.4 billion years ago have also been found there as well. Other fossils from South Africa reveal microbial communities that date to 2.9 billion years ago.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

originally posted by: Mach2

The planet still, has not gotten over it.

The event produced a species that poisons the environment, kills it's own kind for power and entertainment as well as many other noble creatures, disrespects the rights of most all creatures by comprising their habitat and let's its waste and trash pollute the very water everything requires to survive.

Life re-emerged quickly all right, and with a vengeance probably worse than a world of large scaly monsters.

I understand your cinicism, but the "planet" doesn't even acknowledge man existence.

At some point it will once again, become a completely glaciated sphere, or an intensly hot and irradiated ball, or both at different times, and there is absolutely nothing humans can do to stop it.

Humans aren't that important in the grand scheme of planetary evolution. Human self importance is purely a human construct.

I hope I haven't ruined your day, but the truth shall set you free.

You certainly have not ruined my day.
Humans destroy the worlds environment and consequently that which is cognizant of it's existence, by observing it. That is the truth.
We all know what the world is capable of, but deny what it is here for.

Humans, like every other life form, take advantage of their environment, to propogate their species.

If you are saying that because we are sentient, that we have a responsibility to other species, then I would agree.

If you are saying some (many) humans are horrible because they kill each other over silly reasons like resources, or religion, I would, again, agree.

I was just saying if humans never existed, the planet would continue on it's merry way through the universe, until it is ultimately swallowed by the sun, and unless we somehow find a way off this little blue spec, there will be no evidence we were ever here., and we will have had no effect on anything in the grand scheme of the physical universe.

If you beleive, upon death, we ascend to a higher plane of existence, that is an entirely different discussion, which i see as irrelevant to planet earth.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: JON666

OK, sure. We can't find any so that just means it's hidden under the ocean?

Wanting something to be true, does not make it so.

Look into the civilizations just off the shores of India or Cuba. The evidence is there you just don't want to acknowledge that fact. Unless it is built out of stone you will not find present technology 10,000 years from now just like we dont find any of the flying machines from ancient India.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Excellent example.

Still not the same as finding the foundations of skyscapers, IMO, but I do concede your point that traces of microbial life can, indeed, survive.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I was just saying if humans never existed, the planet would continue on it's merry way through the universe, until it is ultimately swallowed by the sun, and unless we somehow find a way off this little blue spec, there will be no evidence we were ever here., and we will have had no effect on anything in the grand scheme of the physical universe. If you beleive, upon death, we ascend to a higher plane of existence, that is an entirely different discussion, which i see as irrelevant to planet earth.

That is the obvious overall ergonomics of Planet Earth.

You are missing the point.

The OP is about the fast re-emergence of life.
The point is that the Earth is all about life.

What life is capable of when the Earth is stable, is what it is ALL about.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

Guesswork?

Yes the process that preserves them, fossilization, is them being replaced by rock.

The age may be debatable with some, but not to the level where it's not known the general time they existed.

A technologically advanced civilization would leave behind evidence that would survive. I think that's a given in fact.

Tissue has been found on 75 million year old fossils.
Link

Unlike bones and teeth, which can survive for hundreds of millions of years, soft tissues are among the first materials to disappear during the fossilization process. Even so, scientists have found intact soft tissue in dinosaur bones before. The most famous case dates to 2005, when Mary Schweitzer of North Carolina State University found collagen fibers in the fossilized leg bone of a Tyrannosaurus rex. But such discoveries are rare, and have previously occurred only with extremely well preserved fossils.

There are rare conditions where almost anything can be preserved.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Seriously????

After you make an off topic statement about humans poisioning the planet, and killing each other off, your coming at me with what the point of the OP was?

Seriously?????

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   

a reply to: TheRepublicOfCanada

As a technologically advanced society, we produce products that would survive and be found. Not to mention just like the dinosaurs who left us many fossils to learn from, we would also leave our own remains behind.

If there were an advanced society before, the evidence would be there to show it. It does not exist. The evidence of dinosaurs did not disappear and no way could the existence of we humans disappear.

You are assuming that we are a technologically advanced society though.

A real advanced society would not be destroying its own environment.

It would instead live in harmony with it.

So while our "civilization" is certainly leaving scars that can be found millennia later, that does not discount that perhaps those who were here before us didn't have our own destructive nature.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Isn't that kind of a pocket full of crystals for good luck argument? Romanticizing what early humans would have been like?

If they were more advanced, where is the evidence of the evolution of that society to reach that point? Advanced societies don't just pop up with no history behind them.

Unless you're talking about visitors from elsewhere which would be a different topic for another thread I think.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Seriously. And you seriously just do not get it.
Perhaps you should back-track to the fact that humans are here because the dinosaurs are not... and then take it from there.

edit on 21-9-2019 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Isn't that kind of a pocket full of crystals for good luck argument? Romanticizing what early humans would have been like?

If they were more advanced, where is the evidence of the evolution of that society to reach that point? Advanced societies don't just pop up with no history behind them.

Unless you're talking about visitors from elsewhere which would be a different topic for another thread I think.

The Hopi believe that this is the 4th time the earth has been remade, it terms of human civilization.

Of course, they also believe that they're originally not from this planet, so yes, perhaps it would be a topic for another thread.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Seriously. And you seriously just do not get it.
Perhaps you should back-track to the fact that humans are here because the dinosaurs are not... and then take it from there.

That's not at all what the OP was about, and you know it. Maybe you should re read it.

Anyway, this arguement is off topic, and over. Nobody likes bickering, excep in the mudpit.

If you care to discuss the 30,000 years it took for life to recover, I'm in.

Otherwise, have a great evening.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
In the early 1900s many top news papers reported the finding of giants remains. See any evidence of them?

Nope?

I thought not.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

The Hopi believe that this is the 4th time the earth has been remade, it terms of human civilization.

Of course, they also believe that they're originally not from this planet, so yes, perhaps it would be a topic for another thread.

One of my close friends is Hopi. We have discussed these things before. I wish I could get him to come on here. He did have some worries about the future

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

One of my close friends is Hopi. We have discussed these things before. I wish I could get him to come on here. He did have some worries about the future

Well, the Eagle has landed on the moon, after all...

A Hopi reference.

I'm leaving civilization for a bit and going to the real Oraibi.

To get my head straight... I'm starting to think in English and that's never a good sign.

I'll miss y'all but will be back.

A little more grounded, I would hope.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5

i think anything further back than a couple of thousand years is entirely guesswork. only stone survives the ages. technology is made of metal and plastics, these things disappear over aeons.

What... lead, gold, silver, platinum, DU, and many many others things would weather time far better than stone.

If a cataclysmic event destroyed humanity and screwed up the majority of the land there would still be traces of our civilization being found hundreds of millions of years later.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
a reply to: TheRepublicOfCanada

Plastic. Loads of plastic.

Edit: oh wait, that’d melt. But there would some trace of it.

You forgot twinkies they will probably still be edible.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Clear your head, and have fun, Ill miss you. Take care!

PS If you ever venture into California, you and your wife are welcome to stay here. Id love to have you both as house guests. You could help me with my garden

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Well, the Eagle has landed on the moon, after all...

A Hopi reference.

I'm leaving civilization for a bit and going to the real Oraibi.

To get my head straight... I'm starting to think in English and that's never a good sign.

I'll miss y'all but will be back.

A little more grounded, I would hope.

edit on 21-9-2019 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join