It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REDDIT Issue, The Sneaky Ban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   
So I really didn't know where to put this, but since the sub-forum icon is Reddit I figured why not.
Apparently total shadow banning and post/thread shadow banning is a very sneaky way for you to be censored on that site.
See these links if you are signed into Reddit it will tell you everything that has been removed(if you can see your name) even though you can see it, nobody else can, it's such outrageous sneaky censorship, at least on ATS if my post get's deleted I know about it.
And it is being done automatically by bots based on some algorithm or tag as well.
You post a thread asking if you are shadow banned, you might not be but it will automatically tell you all your content that has been censored .

Here
Shadow ban
REDDIT Comment Removal

Why bother posting anything anymore over there.
edit on 20-9-2019 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Nothing new, one friend was shadow banned for like 6 months and he did not even know, he just assumed no one cared or liked his posts and he mostly stopped posting because of that

The one day he asked and we checked and yep, shadow banned

But is not reddit itself but the corrupted mods in subs the ones causing this

And it is being done automatically by bots based on some algorithm or tag as well.

Not all subs are so corrupted, mostly the political ones and similar dumb obsessive-ancient-mod-controlled-that-cant-deal-with-opinions ones are,

The bots are just tools for the crazy mods anyways

: P
edit on 20-9-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I heave banned myself from using social media.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I was banned from a local community forum for posting a non offensive national news story covered by CNN and Fox.
The moderator could not give a valid reason. Nothing offensive, he just didn't like the story.

Before that, he banned me for a few days for being concerned about migrants crossing bridges. I'm an engineer and could see a potential tragedy on small bridges collapsing under too much weight. I put a picture up of a small bridge with thousands of people and trucks on it and it infuriated him.

If people used profanity though at me or called me name (which I do not do) he did nothing to them when that is one of the rules on the site.

Scary times we are living in in the US when the civil free speech of the many is figuratively shot in the back of the head by the few. It's not even achieving their goals. Trump's rallies are getting bigger and he's getting more black and hispanic voters than any GOP candidate ever did so what is the point. He's getting stronger not weaker as intended.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Do you really believe it's algorithms doing this? Perhaps for some things yes, but you can bet it's mostly political hacks manually silencing speech of political views they do not like.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Malisa

speaking of which i heard the mods and admins are given free silver and gold to give out in order to artificially promote talking points and/or narrative control.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I heave banned myself from using social media.

yet here you are....

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
a reply to: Malisa

speaking of which i heard the mods and admins are given free silver and gold to give out in order to artificially promote talking points and/or narrative control.

I think i have seen that, suddenly someone gets gold and thanks the mysterious donor and everyone else starts following the lead to also get some LOL

Very underhanded but totally Reddit like : )
edit on 20-9-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join