It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Riot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Lockheed recently performed a test under the Project Riot name, involving an F-35, a U-2, and ground station. The demonstration was to show multi-domain operations, and secure information transfer. During the test, an F-35 used its on board sensors to detect a long range missile launch. The information from the sensors was then relayed to a U-2, which relayed to a ground station. The ability to transmit the information in this way reduces the decision timeline significantly.

theaviationgeekclub.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Is there a reason this couldn't be routed through a satelite? Does it have something to do with stealth comms, or is it tied to the U2?

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: hawkguy

It included a test of new means of transmitting 5th Gen data to older systems. Satellites are vulnerable, and will be one of the first targets in a high end war. So you want to be able to transmit from one airborne platform to another, then relay from there.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
There's a short video on the Lockheed twitter account of this.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I feel bad for what ever programmer had to write the code to make what ever was in the U2 forwards compatible. Could not have been an easy job. Though I guess it could act like a repeater rather than having to decode and re-encode.

GD

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
All the F-35 haters out there need to concentrate on capabilities like this. One more way this platform will secure our skies for the next 20 years.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: dubiousatworst
I feel bad for what ever programmer had to write the code to make what ever was in the U2 forwards compatible. Could not have been an easy job. Though I guess it could act like a repeater rather than having to decode and re-encode.

It may not be as hard as you think actually, The Dragon lady has gotten extensive updates and one of its greatest features is its ability to carry different sensors etc like SENIOR SPAR. Its a matter of update a current pod than having to update code for the entire aircraft

new topics

top topics

join