It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday Clock; Hovers closest to "Midnight" since 1947.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This Doomsday Clock has a more dragged out last minute than an NFL game. I'm not sure what it's trying to promote. Recycling? Because that's roughly the extent of my ability to do anything about it. Otherwise, I'll worry about it when it all goes to hell in a handbasket (if I live that long).

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

How's that handbasket holding up?

Timing is always the hardest thing to predict, judging a call based on the perceived timing isn't always going to produce best results. Sometimes aspects can't be foreseeable with definitive accuracy. That's why most tacticians will wait.

Doomsday clock is ticking down quite well now, isn't it.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 05:59 AM
link   
at this point i'm not sure anything is worth saving.. there is certainly nothing of value left in the West..

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

Sorry, kids, but you ain't nothing on what it was like during the Cuban crisis.

Back then people would consider today's situation welcome upgrade.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

Not to sound pessimistic but as well as prolonged nuclear winters it's also speculated that radiation sickness, deformed births and starvation/cannibalism would be prevalent.

Anyone who hasn't seen this 1984 BBC docu-drama should really watch it - it's better than most horror films.

Threads (1984) [REALISTIC look at nuclear war

Looks like more and more folks are picking up on the true horror of that docudrama.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Not so sure, current clack has it, that today's situation is much hotter.

There's a lot more Nations involved now, than just Russian missiles secretly staged in Cuba.

Seriously though, all the hyperbolic military threats coming from everyone, is unsettling.

When was the last time democrats said they would nuke the NorKs?

Never, not even during the Korean war. So yeah there's that.
edit on 9-11-2022 by ADVISOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Have you seen what's actually going on?

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 09:20 PM
link   

His post was Feb 2020 so one would assume his crystal ball wasn’t working that great….

MR

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 09:25 PM
link   
China's economy is in dire straits they will need a war, one that they can whip up some national fever to get people to ignore the economy, que up Taiwan.

Depending on where you look (numbers vary) the bottom line is Taiwan does the lions share of semi-conductor manufacturing.

So the west with all those technological gadgets, and linking everything through a computer are going to have to defend taiwan and till the war is over no more semi-conductors, industries will shut down, wars will rage, modern farm machinery requires computer chips hope the farmers dont have equipment breakdown.

We have never seen anything like what is coming and if we are lucky half of humanity will survive.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marlborough Red

His post was Feb 2020 so one would assume his crystal ball wasn’t working that great….

MR

Fair comment, didn't catch that one.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Marlborough Red

Any thoughts on this one?

Genuinely think young children.should be made to watch it.

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

The way back archive is, perhaps the best online resource I've ever come across. Glad to see it's timeless utility still.

It's not a matter of if terrorists go Nuclear, it's a matter of when. Proliferation is higher than ever, no agreement to disarm has been beneficial. It's all a deception as always.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join