It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What You Don't Want to Accept, We may be All Alone

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
a reply to: PilSungMtnMan

The problem I have with the Fermi paradox is that there are so many paths life can take to develop. Assuming interstellar travel as an inevitable part of development is kinda weird.

We don't even know how many civilizations have existed here on Earth.

Five civilizations of humans.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   
"don't want to accept."
Isn't that the condition we already live under?
having no proof yet of life elswhere,
we are already accepting that we have not yet found proof of life ,
and we may be alone.. But we may not be.
we have at least recognized the possibility that we could be alone...
so I contend that we have already accepted that possibility.

I accept the possibility that we could be alone.

I also accept that we could possibly be members of a galactic or even universal form of common life.

I would bet my ass there is plenty of life out there.

can't wait to find out.

a reply to: AlienView

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
At some time in the future we may have to accept the fact - Either some type of a creator created life in this universe a faith based belief,
- Or, biological Human life is a freak occurrence, an anomaly that may have only happened here on this planet, and to date has yet to happen,
and may never happen elsewhere.

What do you think

Must it be amongst the options you offer ?

Were we created, by some sort of creator: we don't know.
Did we evolve, through abiogenesis, and on through evolution? We don't know.

Ooops! !
We don't know nothin, it seems...

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I’m willing to accept we’re alone - no problem.

I’m also willing to accept we’re a freak occurrence or in fact “created” by a higher power.

Logic leads me to the conclusion the probability is low that we’re alone - so I doubt we are.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   
It is apparent the alien question is not
do they exist but will they be revealed.
If they could be of a race quadrillions of
years old and consist of interdimensional
sentient beings everything will be clear.

It is true that no aliens are sending signals
or talking to us in the public forum. This
proves they don't exist, but military can
see things we can't. The standards of
proof change when direct observation
by them of alien air and water crafts
traveling at 10,000 mile per hour and
performing aerodynamic.maneuvers.

edit on 17-9-2019 by ThatDidHappen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

The chance we exist at all is so mind boggling why not on other planets too!

What are the chances the first living cell capable of real life functions came into existence in the first place. If you take millions of years and trillions of bubbles eventually given enough tries something meaningful happened. We exist!! We are the proof!

It's like lottery math. If you buy enough tickets eventually one of the tickets will hit.

So the same thing is true with other planets in the Goldilocks zone. Given enough planets, that is lottery tickets, eventually a few are going to hit the lottery have some meaningful life.

Yes that could be the case but it has literally NOTHING to do with Aliens coming here and landing or visiting or hiding or trying to influence us.

All too often this gets conflated unnecessarily.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Firstly we have only discovered a fraction of a fraction of the infinite universe.

2nd probability tells you their is life out there. Like we are the only life form in an infinite space. I doubt that very much

3rd. To say there is no life in space is the same as putting a pint glass in to the ocean, looking at the glass filled with water and saying " yup, there's no whales in the ocean"

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Thousands of people have already discovered alien life coming here. Just not you yet.

I have seen craft and creatures myself, so I no longer need to wonder about it.

Sadly not everyone have witnessed non humans visiting, and for them, it's much easier and safer to just ignore the entire subject.

In fact yet again, most who have seen them will deny having seen them, so those who haven't seen them yet won't ruin their lives and get them fired from jobs for being crazy.

When you do, if ever see them close enough to know, keep it a secret so you can still retain friends, family, and jobs in good standing.

Trust me, I know.

I too saw craft and creatures, but have you ever thought that perhaps we were actually having delusions? I only ask this now because I have absolutely no evidence of those events taking place just memories/visions that seem so vivid and real.

So now, 50 years later, I question those experiences with an open mind and go on sites like this looking for real evidence and finding none.

However, there may very well be life out there, but what type of life are we talking about here? If there are advanced lifeforms out there could they have the capability of communicating with us through consciousness and remote touch? I could entertain that may be a possibility, because I recently learned that we are making technological strides into making remote touch a reality, as well as brainwave-computer interface. It makes me wonder what else could be possible besides actual physical visitation.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel
I like your analogy. One of the things that I find humorous, is when, using your analogy, someone puts a glass in the ocean and happens to find an organism they have not seen before, then puffs out their chest, announcing that they have found a "new" organism!

We think when we are lucky enough to trip up on something that we have not seen before, or trip up on a new idea or phenomenon, we think that it is proof of our brilliance.

We are just a bunch of children playing in a sandbox. We are constantly learning and adapting. At this point we are the ones inside the glass.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Yes,its us meeting us meeting us meeting us....all the Alien Races are Human off-shoots....like us...there is NOTHING NON-HUMAN and sentient in the Universe.We were made in the form of the creator....the Universe is a Human construct.All we will ever meet is ourselves.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
We're alone. There's nothing out there for us. Nothing at all.

We can wallow in it or we can conclude that it's all insanity and not worth freaking out over. A wise choice.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
Yes,its us meeting us meeting us meeting us....all the Alien Races are Human off-shoots....like us...there is NOTHING NON-HUMAN and sentient in the Universe.We were made in the form of the creator....the Universe is a Human construct.All we will ever meet is ourselves.

We ARE the Cylons.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Correct:
1. Jaguar Sun (Nahui Ocelotl)
2. Wind Sun (Nahui Ehecatl)
3. Rain Sun (Nahui Quiahuitl)
4. Water Sun (Nahui Atl)
5. Earthquake Sun

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: yuppa

Correct:
1. Jaguar Sun (Nahui Ocelotl)
2. Wind Sun (Nahui Ehecatl)
3. Rain Sun (Nahui Quiahuitl)
4. Water Sun (Nahui Atl)
5. Earthquake Sun

How about we reach for the stars?

6. Star light, star bright,
The first star I see tonight;
I wish I may, I wish I might,
Have the wish I wish tonight.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

None of the moving shadows here, can dim your wonderful Light.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 04:18 AM
link   
But true believers never say never - And now we know the Government takes the UFO/Alien existence quite seriously.

If you haven't seen it yet - Watch this now - Even if you have seen it - Watch it again

Pentagon Is Investigating The Existence Of Aliens | Velshi & Ruhle | MSNBC

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
How about we reach for the stars?

6. Star light, star bright,
The first star I see tonight;
I wish I may, I wish I might,
Have the wish I wish tonight.

The first "star" most people see at night -- because they don't know their astronomy -- is either Venus or Jupiter, but since they're not actually stars all of those wishes made on them never came true.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
THEIR already HERE

Pull your head out of the sand - get on the bus - get up to speed - and get with the program!

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Distance and time. I expect life will turn out to be common but conscious intelligent life rare and conscious intelligent life wise enough to not self extinct in the long term much rarer.

The universe might be a story of flashes of intelligent life that erupt burn and extinguish, thier stories separated in time from one another.

In this case the universe is giant graveyard.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join