It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for a ghost story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
And it actually was the first one that i encountered.

So when i was really young, like maybe 6-7 years old, i was always scared, afraid of the dark, mainly because i heard and saw things in the darkness.

Anyways, again, i woke up in the middle of the night, terrified, and very thirsty i might add, so i yelled and asked my mother to bring me some water, (an excuse because it was dark, and was too afraid to step out of the bed).

The door opened, then an old woman entered the room, slowly walking towards me, in a crouching position, a mug in one hand, the other hand behind her, supporting her back, she was wearing a white nightgown and black hair was just hanging covering the face entirely.

At this point i was frozen in terror, watching this entity come closer, and closer, and closer, i was in a sitting position, and nowhere to run, even if i could have moved, eventually she came right beside my bed.

Then i blinked, and instantly she was nowhere to be seen, and the door where it entered, was again closed.
A couple of minutes later my mother opened the door, and brought me a glass of water, told her about it, not much of a reaction. Kids..

You probably guessed how much i enjoyed myself years later when i went to see the ring in the movies,
And strangely recently, the doctors have found an anomaly in my spine, making me sometimes walk the same way as the spirit.

Some final thoughts- still get goosebumps when i think about it, i also suffer from insomnia and sleep paralysis, but this in my opinion, was not that, way too much movement, yelling, and time elapsing, and way too intense, compared to my normal experiences.

What could have it been? Have always thought that maybe it was a Banshee of sorts.

And have any of you seen something similar to this?

-Sleep tight-

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
You just described this to a tee. Apparently, you’re not the first to see her.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Just random internet video (hope so haha) But sadly yes, pretty much exactly the same appearance, pose, and movement, only painfully slow.

What are they? Almost seems to be an archetype even.
edit on 17-9-2019 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

My aunt told of a story of her grandmother (my great grandmother) visiting her after death. Her hair very long covering her face, but it was gray, she too was wearing a flowy nightgown.

Could this apparition been a relative visiting, like a grandma? From what you describe it sounds like an old tired grandma bringing you some water in a mug. Very elderly people like to use mugs because it is easier to handle.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Might be, my great grandma visited some family members, including my mother, maybe she wanted to visit me beyond the grave,

But why do they have to look that way, very frightening and confusing, i mean it was bringing me water, but how i am supposed to know it was not some type of Hanzel and Gretel type of gingerbread situation..

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

Just random internet video (hope so haha) But sadly yes, pretty much exactly the same appearance, pose, and movement, only painfully slow.

What are they? Almost seems to be an archetype even.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure the video is fake. But when you described the woman you encountered, I instantly thought of this video I saw a few years ago. Your description matched it exactly.

Good question about the archetypes. I don’t have the answer to that. I do know that we are more susceptible to these experiences as children. Goddamn cosmic tricksters... They LOVE scaring the crap out of us.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Hag archetype.

I gotta agree with the comments on the vid though. As a fake, these guys are better actors and cameramen than Hollywood ever dreamed of having!

It is definitely a terrifying vid.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

"The old hag". She's been seen and described the same by many cultures all over the world for a looooong time. Much like the dark shadow people.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine

"The old hag". She's been seen and described the same by many cultures all over the world for a looooong time. Much like the dark shadow people.

Inform us bro. I’d love to hear the tales.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I'm on mobile at the moment and always have a pin of a time linking.

Just Google the old hag and click Wikipedia. Then scroll to the folklore section and there shall be your sauce.

top topics

join