It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10% Suicide Rate + Rising Work-Related Deaths among Cell Tower workers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Just heard on Coast 2 Coast AM about 10% suicide rate among cell tower workers.

Plus increase in number of them falling off the towers to their deaths, on PBS.

You can see the documentary here www.pbs.org...

Wonder what is going on? Search ATS but can't find related topics except trees near them dying - but what about humans?

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Maybe the P.O.S.T. for some of these new 5g towers runs them full blast for a bit.
Reading about 5g in other threads, if someone was near one of those thing when it went to full power, they'd probably be more than disoriented.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
So...I'm guessing there are jobs available.
Always look on the bright side.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Frequencies out of the normal for people to live in can cause all sort of health and mental problems for all animals. They tell people to keep your cell phone away from your head by a half inch, why is that? Because your cell phone is sending out signals and should not be right up against your ear, neither should your cordless house phone. Even the speaker in your old corded phone has some effect, but the frequency coming from that little speaker is not nearly the same as the one coming from the cell phone which goes miles away. That sound might travel five feet from a regular corded landline.

The frequencies fifty feet from a small portable pole mounted transmitter/receiver they are using in some cities is bad too, but just think how strong that signal is when you are working on a cell tower. How it effects people depends on what nerve endings it enters. Just think of all the signals surrounding us, even frequencies in the wiring of your house in the walls can have some effect, especially if there is a lot of draw on the lines.

Nobody has said these signals do not effect us, they only say that they should not cause lasting harm when using cell phones. But in some instances, they may make it so a person gets in an accident too, but that is not their responsibility so no liability is there, they do not force people to use cell phones and they warn you about keeping the phone from being up against your head. It has long been known that frequencies of high power lines effect people and that is why there are restrictions on building within so many feet of power lines.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: tulsi

This reminded me of a nice street...

So it was a nice street, lots of kids, families, old people, this wicked little shop..

Then a tower appeared, the people went away, now only drug addicts and insane people live there, everything was covered with graffiti and used needles are littered around the base of the tower,

Might just be the world getting uglier, but maybe something else is going on.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I read suicide rates are up and life expectancy is lower because people have so much anxiety over healthcare costs.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   
sounds like one of those things where it's more of a statistical anomaly rather than pointing to any kind of causation.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I read suicide rates are up and life expectancy is lower because people have so much anxiety over healthcare costs.

Ummm...yup...cuz whenever I get a hang nail...it always leaves me with suicidal tendencies...

I mean...just think if I were to catch a cold...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Side note last winter repair crews had to go to the top of a 1600 ft tower north of Detroit. Get to the top and find a frozen naked guy. Took more than a bit to get him down. Lots of rescue workers said no way.

Think the tower was in White Lake

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: tulsi
[...]
Wonder what is going on?

Bad statistical analysis.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
This is anecdotal, but do you know many tower workers? I live in Canada, but when one of our friends went back to school at 35 to become a linesmen, which is the same course here, THREE of the students were dead by the end of the 2 year course. One was stabbed, one died of an overdose, and one was in a car crash.

And that's just the guys who wanted to do it on the up and up. There are tons of subcontracted guys with no education and little experience, someone asks them if they want to make $50.00 an hour for a few weeks, and they aren't saying no. Workplace accidents are happening everyday. They live out of crappy hotels, drinking and doing hard drugs every night, then up and driving to the next tower in the morning.
There's definitely a portion (not all or the majority) of tower workers who are basically carnies. I don't think 10% of them are committing suicide, someone at Coast to Coast just doesn't know to to interperet suicide rates, but tons of them do die.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Glad my hubby quit climbing towers, or he might have been one to find him.
I don't know about the suicide rate, but I don't understand the falling, unless your working for a less than reputable company. Hubby has no fear of heights and climbed towers. He had a ton of gear, that was checked by himself in the morning, and a guy that it was his only job, every night.
I asked him to find something else, cause I couldn't handle it.

And guess what happens when one of those guys has to go to the bathroom while they are up there?
They don't climb down. That's for sure.
Gross.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
There are apparently electronic ways to mess up the brain. Not just football, wrestling, etc..

If a little cell-phone can damage your brain over time, those who work on cell-phone towers being bombarded with (???).

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Cell towers are funny things. Years ago they put a Sprint tower in at the end of the dead end road that ran next to my house. It wasn't long after I started hearing a very high pitched whine or hum part of the time- it was extremely loud. Nobody else in my family heard the noise and thought I was insane as they watched me searching fruitlessly around the yard and area surrounding my house for the source of the sound. That went on for a few years, and I really started to think I was losing my marbles.... until I ran into another neighbor who had wandered down to my property also seeking the source of the sound! The neighbor informed me that another neighbor of ours heard it as well so we walked over to his house and all felt better knowing we weren't insane. We finally determined the sound was coming from the cell tower because when they refitted the tower to go from 3G to 4G the sound suddenly stopped.

I have no idea why only certain people could hear it as it was extremely loud. Also my dogs could hear it but it didn't seem to affect the other animals. Who knows what it was doing to our brains, so I can only imagine what the people who work on cell towers experience!

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Cell towers are funny things. Years ago they put a Sprint tower in at the end of the dead end road that ran next to my house. It wasn't long after I started hearing a very high pitched whine or hum part of the time- it was extremely loud. Nobody else in my family heard the noise and thought I was insane as they watched me searching fruitlessly around the yard and area surrounding my house for the source of the sound. That went on for a few years, and I really started to think I was losing my marbles.... until I ran into another neighbor who had wandered down to my property also seeking the source of the sound! The neighbor informed me that another neighbor of ours heard it as well so we walked over to his house and all felt better knowing we weren't insane. We finally determined the sound was coming from the cell tower because when they refitted the tower to go from 3G to 4G the sound suddenly stopped.

I have no idea why only certain people could hear it as it was extremely loud. Also my dogs could hear it but it didn't seem to affect the other animals. Who knows what it was doing to our brains, so I can only imagine what the people who work on cell towers experience!

Not all people hear the same. Not all people actually see things the same as the majority of others do either.

It is not weird that you can hear sounds others cannot hear, I know lots of people who hear lights and humming from electrical stuff that others cannot hear.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Not all people hear the same. Not all people actually see things the same as the majority of others do either.

It is not weird that you can hear sounds others cannot hear, I know lots of people who hear lights and humming from electrical stuff that others cannot hear.

I'm thinking it might have something to do with the fact that I'm almost deaf in one ear due to being struck by lightning over 30 years ago and what is left of my ear drum reacts differently to vibrations- but it's only a guess. Anyway, maybe a small percentage of the tower workers are effected in a similar way. I know I thought I was going insane as the sound literally was making me crazy, so it might be doing the same to some of them.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: tulsi

Plus increase in number of them falling off the towers to their deaths, on PBS.

You can see the documentary here www.pbs.org...

Wonder what is going on? Search ATS but can't find related topics except trees near them dying - but what about humans?

There people are young white men, blue collar from lower middle class backgrounds. This group has a high overall suicide rate when compared to the general populius. They are also a high group for industrial accidents, and are a high group for suffering from exhaustion due to doing too many hours in an effort to make ends meet.

I would suspect hat you would fid similar rates among people who dig ditches, or build highrises.

Northing to do with the towers, more to do with long hours and low pay.And a general sense of hopelessness.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Barrie Trower also makes some interesting comments about microwaves and suicide rates in this interview.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
10% suicide?
and You living near one for 15+ years?
your mobile? keep away from your head 2+ inch.
and if you use it for 50+ years?

You just kill your self slowly.
It took many many years to stop people smoking!!!!
wake up. oh! they are vaping now.
lets just forget it. humans are to stupid to live...

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

These cell phone towers are driving people off the grid.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join