It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1st Manned Moon Mission broadcasted Genesis Firmament reading worldwide TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Just wondering why in 1968 the Apollo 8 mission which supposedly put men in orbit around the moon,

that the men took turns reading the Bible passages about the Firmament that was broadcast 'live' worldwide via TV somehow?

thechristianmail.com...

And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.”
Commander Frank Borman ended their Christmas Eve broadcast:
“And God said, Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
And God called the dry land Earth: and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.”

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: tulsi

I believe it was suggested to them by one of their wives.

NASA left it up to them to decide what to say and when they were talking about it with their wives, one of them suggested Genesis. I think it was Jim Lovell's wife, but I could be mistaken.

I stand corrected. Apparently it was Christine Laitin that suggested it. Apollo 8 Genesis reading
edit on 16-9-2019 by BomSquad because: clarification

edit on 16-9-2019 by BomSquad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I guess if you were blasted off the planet in little more than a tin can with only a chance of making it home reading passages from a Holly book might be a good idea on Christmas Eve , were they not in the midst of the waters of space looking for dry land.
edit on 16-9-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Flat earth?
New science this year is now telling us that the moon is actually in our atmosphere.
So, flat earth?

link

edit on 16-9-2019 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
"You will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters."(Leviticus 26:27-30)'
Gawd is Metal as all fook!

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
They were in the middle of the firmament (i.e. the place where the planets and stars are). To the religious-minded, the connection would be obvious enough.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   
They were the first humans ever to look back at the whole Earth, so it seems natural for that experience to evoke creation stories in any person -- whether or not they or the people to whom they are speaking personally believe in those creation stories.

Even if the Genesis creation story was NOT part of a person's faith (although it would be for many in the U.S., the astronaut's country of origin), that story would be a mythology that many people are certainly familiar with.

edit on 9/17/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Because it was apt.

It also led to a lawsuit because someone deemed it using public money to promote religion. Hence Aldrin's communion after landing was kept quiet.

top topics

join