It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for the Australians re: Stephen Morris

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I've noticed, primarily on the comments pages of Australian websites, a rant of sorts. It is usually the same text, although it at times varies a bit. But the message is always the same, and is always attributed to the same author: Stephen Morris.

Here is a sample of his message:

It is easy to forget that the Modern Era with its Modern Era values of egalitarianism, democratisation and national self-determination is . . . well . . . modern! It hasn’t been around for very long.

It is easy to forget that when viewed with proper perspective, human history up until the time of the Modern Era was a story of aggressively narcissistic, machiavellian psychopaths competing (sometimes collaborating) to attain positions of power, then using that power to dominate and brutalise their fellow human beings. We know from the historical record that these rulers showed no remorse in wasting the lives of thousands – even millions – of people they regarded as “their” Subjects.

That is the norm. That is the “base case” for human behaviour.
As seen on -- www.macrobusiness.com comments section

His argument is basically that we've always been ruled by psychopaths and that situation remains true today.

It is easy to dismiss these repeated comments containing the same text (mostly) as a fixation or rant. Yet, while easy to dismiss, it is not so easy to disbelieve. His argument is cynical, yet there are a few kernels of truth in it.

As he seems to be an Australian, I am curious if he is known as a commentator on politics in Australia, or he is just simply an unknown person 'out there' pushing out what he seems to believe is an important message.

Thoughts or comments welcomed.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

200 years ago, the southern land was determined to be an empty, unwanted land, ready for "Civilisation", officially declared to be "Terra Nullius" or nobody's land.
This opinion being formed on a little, cold, wet, island a few miles from Europe.
So they invaded, took what they wanted, and proceeded in trying to destroy a culture of humans whom had lived there for 60,000+ years.

Fast forward 200 years, the truth has been exposed that this act was, in fact, an invasion, an unsolicited assault on a peaceful mob of humans whom lived a life of relative hardship, but bothered noone.
Many of us are ashamed of the antics and attitudes of our forebears.......
Hence the attitude of many modern people is to feel empathy and sympathy for the "Originals".....It is their land after all.

I think that may be where this guys ideals are coming from.

Of course the same applies to the Americas....but the invaders were much worse in those times.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

What’s wrong with what he is saying, seems like common sense to me
Did I misunderstand your point?

People are malevolent, nothing new
Prior to the Protestant reformation, Europe was a battlefield, took a long time to take hold but did change the West

Never heard of Mr Morris

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Yes. I'm just wondering if this person is "known" to Australians or a voice in the wilderness. That's all; S. Morris is welcome to his views, and as I posted before, I think there is a kernel of truth to them.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: gort51

Aboriginal people were not peaceful and happy kind souls
Kidding yourself

Go study history
No more violent than other similar cultures but by no means any less
www.xyz.net.au...

Day dreamers they were not

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Yes. I'm just wondering if this person is "known" to Australians or a voice in the wilderness. That's all; S. Morris is welcome to his views, and as I posted before, I think there is a kernel of truth to them.

Cheers

That quote you posted is a little Jordan Peterson like but no, don’t know him at all.
I agree with the comments from Morris is all

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Thanks Raggedyman. I've seen Morris' comment more than a couple of times and was simply curious if he had a wider readership or reputation.

I happen to agree with much of what he says, but think it is lacking a bit in "big picture" terms. Thus, my hedged agreement with his statement.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Stephen Morris puts together a good rant. It is not the kind of perspective that is generally portrayed in the media here and would probably find it tough getting a paid commentary gig here in Australia.

I do not know anything about the author and first time I have heard the name, that I am aware of.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Thanks kwakakev. Yeah, I think most of the big media firms (anywhere) would not wish to publish views like his. They prefer the "look over here at what great stuff you can buy!" approach. Morris' look is gritty reality and not suited to distracto-tainment.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

No doubt they had their quaint little cultural ways.

But nothing compared to what our mob have done.

We make the locals antics look like choir boys.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: gort51

I would be inclined to disagree, people are people, give them the tools and they will apply the destruction
Our mob had the knowledge, Aboriginals of Australia had only sticks and rocks

Read the link

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: gort51

I would be inclined to disagree, people are people, give them the tools and they will apply the destruction
Our mob had the knowledge, Aboriginals of Australia had only sticks and rocks

Read the link

Perhaps not being on the precipice of destruction allows a soul to mellow out a little...

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Did you read the link I put on my post about violence in Aboriginal society

Anyway, still you could be wrong, seems like rats preferred hell to utopia
io9.gizmodo.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Im not sure they had a choice, and it seems our own cities are descending into chaos with similarities to the rat behaviours. I didn't read the link, I will later today.

top topics

join