It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energy In A 3D World Is A Mere Shadow Of Energy In A 4D World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I read in a book about physics that just as a shadow is a 2 dimensional representation of a 3 dimensional object...a 3 dimensional object is the shadow of a 4 dimensional object....in other words, our cube is the shadow of "their" tesseract.
Then it would follow that energy in a 3 dimensional existence would be the mere shadow of some unfathomable type of energy in a 4 dimensional existence.
Please feel free to discuss amongst yourselves.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

I wonder what the energy is like in a 69 dimensional universe? I bet it's real NICE.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlukeSkywalker

I wonder what the energy is like in a 69 dimensional universe? I bet it's real NICE.
So do you sit alone on the internet wondering that alot?

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Thankyou for giving us permission to discuss this topic in your minimally started thread.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Do you sit alone all day contemplating 4D vs 3D? I mean, it must be pretty important for you, considering you actually posted an entirely new thread about it.

So, considering you spent all that time and energy deciding...and actually making a thread about it, perhaps you could share your actual perspective about the whole thing, rather than simply asking others to do so? OR, you can just accept the replies you get without trying to belittle those who have chosen to award you with said replies.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Valid point.

A 3D object has energy as a function of time: E(t). This is the time dependent sample of total energy.
A 4D object does not have time at all, thus just E.
That E is a sum of all time dependent energies at 3D world during its existence: E = Σ E(t), where t = 0 - ∞ (goes from 0 to infinity)
That total energy should correspond to the item’s mass, hence E = mc2. This is 4D total energy.
For time dependent 3D world, the only time dependent factor in that equation is the speed of light. Speed equals distance per unit of time. For light that is 300 million meters per second,
E = Σ E(t) = Σ (m c(t)2) = Σ (m (300M/s)2) = Σ (m 90 Q (meters) / s2), where Q is for quadrillion, ie 1 with 15 zeroes after it.
m/s2 is measure of acceleration, where 1G equals 9,81 m/s2 and is the gravity on Earth. Lets make it 10 m/s2 for sake of simplicity.
Hence our equation becomes E = Σ (m 9 Q G), over 0 to ∞
This is a pretty big number of G’s we are talking about.
And would correspond to a black hole. At event horizon one experiences only 153 trillion G’s, so, our G number here is some 6 times bigger.

Which means we do not really exist at all. And we are thus not having this conversation...

Wait. Wait.

I just realised one thing.

The only way you can project a 4D object to 3D world is to have the image of that 4D object in 3D world plus a black hole.

So the ”black hole” is a mathematical necessity to have a projection from 4D, but the projection itself is just an image on top of that black hole.

edit on 15-9-2019 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

Valid point.

A 3D object has energy as a function of time: E(t). This is the time dependent sample of total energy.
That E is a sum of all time dependent energies at 3D world during its existence: E = Σ E(t), where t = 0 - ∞ (goes from 0 to infinity)
That total energy should correspond to the item’s mass, hence E = mc2. This is 4D total energy.
For time dependent 3D world, the only time dependent factor in that equation is the speed of light. Speed equals distance per unit of time.
E = Σ E(t) = Σ (m c(t)2) = Σ (m (300M/s)2) = Σ (m 90 Q (meters) / s2), where Q is for quadrillion, ie 1 with 15 zeroes after it.
m/s2 is measure of acceleration, where 1G equals 9,81 m/s2 and is the gravity on Earth. Lets make it 10 m/s2 for sake of simplicity.
And would correspond to a black hole. At event horizon one experiences only 153 trillion G’s, so, our G number here is very very big.

Which means we do not really exist at all. And we are thus not having this conversation...

Wait. Wait.

The only way you can project a 4D object to 3D world is to have the image of that 4D object in 3D world plus a black hole.

So the ”black hole” is a mathematical necessity to have a projection from 4D, but the projection itself is just an image on top of that black hole.

So in other words ....4D energy encompasses all the energy of all time all at once....and 3D energy is that amount of energy(4D) divided into little individual time packets. The snack size, if you will.
edit on 9/15/2019 by MissSmartypants because: Edit
And a 3D sun is the shadow of a 4D black hole.
Makes sense to me.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Plus the black hole.

So, the image projection from 4D to 3D is rather imperfect. You get the image - plus a black hole.

The black hole contains all the energy needed by that image over the existence of that 3D universe.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Plus the black hole.

So, the image projection from 4D to 3D is rather imperfect. You get the image - plus a black hole.

The black hole contains all the energy needed by that image over the existence of that 3D universe.
See my edit

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

I just realized...that the 4th dimension isn't spatial, it's temporal. Infinity is the 4th dimension. Or correctly, the second temporal dimension.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Yes, when no time at all, then you are in 4D

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   

But also... the 4D contains all the possible variations of 3D. In 4D you are complete, with all the possible ways your life could be.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   

But also... the 4D contains all the possible variations of 3D. In 4D you are complete, with all the possible ways your life could be.
My higher self...that I just don't listen to enough.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Did you mean building block?

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Valid point.

For time dependent 3D world, the only time dependent factor in that equation is the speed of light. Speed equals distance per unit of time. For light that is 300 million meters per second,
And would correspond to a black hole. At event horizon one experiences only 153 trillion G’s, so, our G number here is some 6 times bigger.

Wait. Wait.

Oh come on now be nice. Dont mess with them. You'll distract from the "awesome OP"...

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Similar to how the observable universe shadows dark energy.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
Similar to how the observable universe shadows dark energy.

And on down the chain dark energy shadows something else. It's turtles all the way down.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: confound

Valid point.

Wait. Wait.

Oh come on now be nice. Dont mess with them. You'll distract from the "awesome OP"...
Thanks for the bump. You're a dear.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 04:52 AM
link   
ever heard of the E8 lattice

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

There are purportedly 10 Dimensions in total. I love these types of threads. Staying on topic regarding energy, we don't fully understand gravity and how it works but we know it effects time which is the 4th Dimension so who knows whether it permeates other Dimensions. If energy in our Dimension is indeed a shadow of energy in another Dimension then Gravity must be a shadow of something so far beyond our comprehension. We haven't figured out how Gravity works fully because we are not capable of fully understanding it.

top topics

join