It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man brings support clown to redundancy meeting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
When New Zealander Josh Thompson received an e-mail from his boss asking him to attend a meeting regarding his future role at the firm Mr Thompson figured he was to be made redundant , as the e-mail advised him he could bring a "support person" to the meeting Mr Thompson genius came to the fore ... he took Joe the Clown.

"Basically I sensed that this was going to be a redundancy ... so I thought I might as well try to make the best out of this situation," he added.

"Joe" accompanied Josh for the redundancy meeting, where the clown made balloon animals, although he had to be told to stop a few times as it was difficult to hear above the screeching of plastic.

"Boy, oh, boy, are they noisy," Josh said.

When Josh was finally delivered the hammer blow that he was to lose his job, the clown reacted accordingly.

"He nodded his head along when I received the bad news as if he was also receiving the bad news," Josh said.
www.bbc.co.uk...

If I were his boss I'd have kept him on , got to respect a man with style.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
When New Zealander Josh Thompson received an e-mail from his boss asking him to attend a meeting regarding his future role at the firm Mr Thompson figured he was to be made redundant , as the e-mail advised him he could bring a "support person" to the meeting Mr Thompson genius came to the fore ... he took Joe the Clown.

"Basically I sensed that this was going to be a redundancy ... so I thought I might as well try to make the best out of this situation," he added.

"Joe" accompanied Josh for the redundancy meeting, where the clown made balloon animals, although he had to be told to stop a few times as it was difficult to hear above the screeching of plastic.

"Boy, oh, boy, are they noisy," Josh said.

When Josh was finally delivered the hammer blow that he was to lose his job, the clown reacted accordingly.

"He nodded his head along when I received the bad news as if he was also receiving the bad news," Josh said.
www.bbc.co.uk...

This is so bumblepluckin bat $#!T crazy that I had to S+F it.

LOL

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Yeah really! I trust this guy has the wherewithal and creativity to move on to something better though. They lost a unique individual there.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
thats the scam now? you no longer are 'fired' you are redundant?

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna

I recently got a rejection letter saying "Our business goals have changed since the creation of the position you applied for blah blah blah"

It sounds overly-diplomatic and sooo stupid to admit that your business doesn't know when it needs to hire someone or not, or if they can afford another person on payroll! Sounds like those business goals are on shaky ground!

I miss when they used to say "We are pleased to inform you that your application was rejected..."

I've never been fired. I have however been laid off and promoted in the same meeting

edit on 15-9-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
That settles it...

I'm taking a support clown, to my next colonoscopy.

Balloon intestines...

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
That settles it...

I'm taking a support clown, to my next colonoscopy.

Balloon intestines...

Please don't make him do the 'endless scarf' trick

edit on 15-9-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Jazz it up a little with glitter and confetti, it'll look great!

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Has someone let Boris Johnston know about this?

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Redundancy....wow
Apparently fired is to harsh...

Fired...
Retard...
Midget....
Cripple....
Him...
Her....

Just a list of words we cant use anymore....

F*** you world!

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Id have puched the clown...right in front of the boss.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Love it 🙂

At my redundancy meeting the clowns were on the other side of the desk, and I wish I'd had one on my side to make it more even.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

In hindsight, he should have taken a support Mongrel Mob member instead, chances are he'd still have his job aye breu??

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I remember the term from old episodes of "Are You Being Served?"

I would have brought a magician. "... and say the magic word. Abracadabra! This paperwork now says you are being fired and he has your job. Thank you, I'll be at Bennigan's Pub next week."

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

The human resources department at FCB New Zealand encouraged him to bring a "support person" to help cushion the blow, an option that is legally required in New Zealand.

Do that here, and you'll get everything from a big Italian guy cracking his knuckles, to Nurse Bambi the employee's girlfriend/trainer/etc.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Ob-so-lete!

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

It's not what we call it in the USA. Redundant means laid off. Your job is no longer necessary and someone else can do it. I know the British use that term. I guess the colonies do as well.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
In the modern social media age, trolling has become a serious(and well respected) character trait.

If your game is high, it truly becomes an art.

If you're going to fire someone, just do it. The fact they offer them to bring a "support" person just reflects poorly on the fragile nature of the modern psyche. This man trolled it and he has done it beautifully.

Someone forward this to trump, the man might get a job. I'm frankly surprised that trump hasn't created the position of either a meme czar or trolling czar(this guy could get the latter).
edit on 15-9-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ltdan08

Ob-so-lete!

Twilight zone!!

Nice...

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I personally would of hired a stripper and got her to dress up as lawyer type.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join