It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hunting with bows for hobby -not survival

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod
There are advantages and disadvantages to everything. But I think the modern compound bow, is a very effective weapon, in certain situations, much more so then a gun. But again, advantages and disadvantages to everything. I mostly shoot for fun, but I can hunt with the bow I got if I wanted to. I can also use it as a baseball bat as its so dam solid and heavy.

Like I said, I did not get it for hunting purposes more just for fun, they make smaller versions of it now a days I seen, the Halon models from Mathews are just a more smaller, compact, and lighter version based on the one I got, so if I even cared to hunt with a bow, I would likely just have to switch it up for one of those as lugging that thing around all day, would not be to much fun.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all
The pinnacle of human evolution.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

He needs 6 months of steady anti-parasitic remediation and a good hearty diet.....then he will fit in he tub again and wont have to yell up to have the hot water turned up a little while he bathes outside.....lol...he will jettison all of that parasitic waste he is carting around so fast his head will spin......just add anti-parasitics daily with a doctors consult no real exercise needed....his rear end will be getting the exercise.He will drop weight faster then Opera Winfrey drops the LowCal Salad Dressing.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Ya! But come the apocalypse he will be pretty stocked up on fatty acids and his brain will be protected for a long while yet, while the skinny ones will have a hard time remembering there name after a few days, and be walking around in a dizzy confused mess.

Well! That is if he can outrun the wolfs and other predators out there come the apocalypse. My money is on the wolfs.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

Some hunting lands in the U.S. require bow and arrow only, because the use of firearms is unsafe in some suburban areas.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86
I dont know, I think it may be safer to hunt with a bow and arrow only in pretty much all parts. Seems like most deaths in the woods that happen during hunting season, are not because of wild animals or bigfoot or people tripping on a branch or banana peal and spraining there ankles in the middle of nowere.

They are because people get shot by other people, who don't understand that if a bullet misses and does not hit a tree or bank, it will travel for a long long while till it hits something, or inertia makes it fall to the ground. Most bows and arrows even the powerful ones, its not making it that much past your target even if you completely miss.

So ya I see the reason why they do that in a area were there would be a lot of people just out and about in them neck of the woods.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join