It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misterspock movie review.... Shaft (2019)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   
My, how refreshing.

I really don't watch many new movies these days. Since everything seems to be so overly PC(for the twitter outrage crowd) or just either downright unoriginal(and I guess this movie isn't really original).

Just seems these days unless you haven't kept up on the 30 movies proceeding a new one(every comic book movie) you are pretty much left in the dark.

Shaft(2019), is just good ol classic(90's style) fun. No over reaching messages, No PC nonsense, Zero attempt to sidestep anyones feelings or avoid anything actually funny in fear of who(no matter how few) it may offend. Also it's not trying to be some poignant milestone in the social narrative for decades to come(something that falls so flat, it not only fails to do that, it just ends up making a film reek of failure).

It's a popcorn flick, put it on and just have a few hours of something enjoyable to watch. Good jokes, pokes fun at the right things in the right ways while having a nice, easy to follow story line to it. All the characters do a pretty well balanced job of playing their roles and in the end it's something that was enjoyable and likely re-watchable(haven't seen one of those in awhile).

I'd even recommend it for an actual paid rental. Hell, I would have paid to see it in theater(something I haven't bothered to do in years, rightfully so when I end up watching something I THOUGHT was going to be good only to be disappointed).
edit on 14-9-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Shut yo mouf!

edit on 14-9-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I am so SO disappointed.... where are all the libtard diversity calls to recast SHAFT as a petite white blonde blue-eyed female ??? Shaft is not a historical figure, so that should be OK ?....Oh....Right.... that recast/cultural appropriation bull# works only one way.....NVM.....

/sarc off

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

I am so SO disappointed.... where are all the libtard diversity calls to recast SHAFT as a petite white blonde blue-eyed female ??? Shaft is not a historical figure, so that should be OK ?....Oh....Right.... that recast/cultural appropriation bull# works only one way.....NVM.....

/sarc off

Yes, this movie failed at just about all the modern PC hollywood casting criteria. Not only that, but it portrayed SOME muslims in a negative light. It's an abject failure.

This movie is NOT for anyone looking for things like that, the new terminator will be right up their ally.
edit on 14-9-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I watched the 2019 few weeks ago , didnt enjoy it that much , fun to watch Samuel L jackson scream at folks but thats basicly it , the story was super light.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: M5xaz

/sarc off

Yes, this movie failed at just about all the modern PC hollywood casting criteria. Not only that, but it portrayed SOME muslims in a negative light. It's an abject failure.

This movie is NOT for anyone looking for things like that, the new terminator will be right up their ally.

The LGBT-6969 ?

top topics

join