It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is hard water ruining your skin and hair?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   
What is hard water?

As the water makes its way through the ground, it picks up minerals and other particles such as:

Calcium.
Magnesium.
Sulfur.
Lime.
The more minerals found in the water, the harder it is.

hard water has a high concentration level (1 particle grain per 3.78 litres) of dissolved materials.

Bathing and/or showering in hard water can strip the body of its natural oils and ruin your hair, leaving it lifeless and dull and harm skin and hair.

If you've ever come out of your bath or shower and your skin is unusually dried out and flaky (and even itchy), hard water is the culprit.

Pretty bad...
edit on 14-9-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

What products do you recommend to keep my hair lively and shiny?

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII
What is hard water?

As the water makes its way through the ground, it picks up minerals and other particles such as:

Calcium.
Magnesium.
Sulfur.
Lime.
The more minerals found in the water, the harder it is.

hard water has a high concentration level (1 particle grain per 3.78 litres) of dissolved materials.

Bathing and/or showering in hard water can strip the body of its natural oils and ruin your hair, leaving it lifeless and dull and harm skin and hair.

If you've ever come out of your bath or shower and your skin is unusually dried out and flaky (and even itchy), hard water is the culprit.

Pretty bad...

It can also happen with your teeth if you drink from the tap and it has some minerals on it that should not be there

I had a friend who started showing some weird issues with his teeth, it turned out there were minerals on his water and it had started rotting his teeth somehow, it was terrible. He lived around an old mine and the water was contaminated badly, he was sick a lot as well

Where are you quoting this from? It looks like you missed posting the link

edit on 14-9-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Chlorine and fluoride....

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Chlorine we've got. Helps with the bacteria doncha know. Other than that, it's pretty good stuff.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Well , the best products to use. For a start use engine degreaser, that clears the hair of grease making it easier to shave your head.
Shaved head. Reason 1. no need for all these expensive hair products. Reason 2. no tangled hair in the morning. Eeerr, I can't think of any more but a bald head saves on money.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   

It's great I use it to kill all the nasty black mouldy stuff that grows out of control here in the tropics.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yup.

But bacteria are not limited to the tropics.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Lucky then chroline is available just about anywhere.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Preferably don't wash at all and eat a great and nutritious diet, but unfortunately modern life wouldn't allow for that for normal people.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 05:34 AM
link   
How is hard water a "General Conspiracy"?

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Stop the lies Phage we all know your bald!

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

To anyone who wasn't used to living with unshowered people, you would smell god damn aweful
. I guess if you can be self-employed it would work.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I'll never take a shower again. Divorced but healthy stinky skin in my future.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Why does it matter? Most women wear makeup and that ruins your skin...they also put so much stuff in their hair daily it gets ruined as well. Dyes, perms, straighteners, gels, sprays, etc..

I don't think hard water is that big an issue when you look at the larger picture... you can't do all that other stuff and then worry about hard water ruining your skin/hair...I don't think, can you?

I'm not being snarky, I really wanna know. I don't think it makes sense, but, maybe someone can enlighten me...

thanks,
blend

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

That's exactly what my thoughts were seeing as I only have some stubble around the sides and back of the head. Look completely bald from a short distance.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

To anyone who wasn't used to living with unshowered people, you would smell god damn aweful
. I guess if you can be self-employed it would work.

Why do you think perfume was invented???

People stunk so bad even small animals would run away!

I always laugh when I see re-enactions of those 16th and 17th century galas and balls where everyone would be all dressed up with their wigs and big clothes. The wigs covered up their hair which was falling out, and the whole room smelled of giant ass. Their breath smelled like last weeks shrimp (left in the sun), and their, ahem, their....well, 'nether regions' sure as hell didn't smell like flowers!

Hey bay-bee...let's dance!

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Op was a bit light in the info department, eh?

Iron is a big issue in hard water around here. We have it. Water softener helps some, but we were told we need a deeper well, as its only 25 ft.

Using borax helps with the laundry. Regular soap doesn't lather, so I use my homemade, and it lathers well, and keeps our skin soft.
I also use vinegar once a week in my hair, to get rid of the build up.

As for drinking, after having it tested, I was told it was actually good drinking water. Tastes minerally though, but better than when its ran through the softener.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Wow, where do you live that a 25' deep domestic well is even legal, let alone safe???? Wow!

We can hit water at about 130 feet here, but it's not legal to use as a domestic well. We can use it for irrigation and/or livestock, but not for domestic use. Our domestic well is 850 feet deep, with the pump set at about 660 feet.

edit on 9/14/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

In the country, in the middle of MI. I'm guessing its legal, as the house passed inspection when we bought it, in 98, and our neighbors well is the same depth.
We had a quote done, to go down to 75, but it was like 8 grand.
I can't even imagine how expensive 850 feet would be.

I don't think that depth would be needed. We have so much water around here. I think there are like 10 gravel pits around here in a 20 mile radius.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join