It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If We Evolved On Earth Then Why Does Our Sun Hurt Our Eyes

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerraLiga
You should read better. MORE edible, MORE digestible.

You’re not an alien my dear, you’re just a very naughty girl.
Our teeth are not able to chew up raw meat.
(mechanically ground up meat doesn't count)

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

We have omnivore teeth - we can chew anything. Were you looking out the indow for spaceships in biology class?

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
If Sol is the sun that humans evolved beneath...then why aren't our bodies suited for it? Why do we squint from the light from our own sun. And why does mere exposure to our sun burn our skin and cause deadly mutations in the form of cancer. How does that even make sense...to have evolved so that our environment is toxic to us?

Have you ever read a question so dumb that you dont even know how to respond...?

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maroboduus

If Sol is the sun that humans evolved beneath...then why aren't our bodies suited for it? Why do we squint from the light from our own sun. And why does mere exposure to our sun burn our skin and cause deadly mutations in the form of cancer. How does that even make sense...to have evolved so that our environment is toxic to us?

Have you ever read a question so dumb that you dont even know how to respond...?

Yes. Often Its proper forum etiquette that if you feel compelled to post to the poser of the question, that you pull something from your rear and answer in like kind. I religiously practice this.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

Looking into the sun has never been a beneficial, there is no reason to evolve for that when you can simply look away. That's like asking why we haven't evolved to fly and teleport yet. You don't just gain super abilities because you can.

The sun is ginormous and puts out TONS of radiation. We are tiny microscopic parasites in comparison to that.
edit on 10 26 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 03:10 AM
link   

That's good, because we'd die, and get very sick, if we could chew up raw meat!

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
My teeth can and do chew up raw meat (which is often easier than chewing on tough cooked meat)

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I think I can help here. First off, I expect the sun mostly bothers your eyes (doesn’t bother mine) because we’ve adapted to being indoors, wearing shades, hats etc. My wife always wears shades and the sun bothers her. I, however, have never worn shades and it doesn’t bother me at all.

As to sun burn..... there’s this. I was dating a naturopath for a while. And while she was in school learning we did an experiment. On a trip to Florida we megadosed certain vitamins. I can’t recall them all, but it was a, b, c, e, carotenoids, and something else. We did it starting a week before the trip, and kept it up while we were there. We spent all day every day on the beach with no sunscreen, and we didn’t burn at all. Her theory was that our diets are much lower in vitamins now than they used to be due to modern farming practices and processing, and that in early times we got all the nutrients we needed, and evolved with, that protected us from damage from the sun, as well as other things we are susceptible to now. Seems she was right. So the sun is dangerous to us because we live in a state of nutrient and vitamin deficiency. This is actually pretty in line with many studies now that show Americans live in a state of nutrient deficiency.

I do recall a study done some years ago that showed that the vegetables we grow now have 1/10 the nutrients they did during colonial times. So there you go.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew
My teeth can and do chew up raw meat (which is often easier than chewing on tough cooked meat)

Why do you chew up raw meat? I use a knife.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

Don’t take this as an assumption against you, but I had a similar conversation with a deeply religious person a while ago. He was utterly convinced that our species - the entirety of humankind - came into existence eating cooked food with cutlery, a full set of table manners and etiquette, etc. He didn’t recognise or believe that our species developed eating foraged raw food. His belief system came only from the bible and the religious illustrations connected with it.

We can actually eat almost any meat raw, as long as it’s fresh and not factory farmed. The main reason why people suffer illness from eating undercooked or raw meat is from the pathogens which thrive in modern production farms and factory processing plants, not because of the natural state of the animal or its meat.

I heard an American woman saying that African and Middle-Eastern people were ‘animals’ for butchering their meat in the street. I thought about telling her the statistics on American deaths from poor hygiene in their food factories vs those in Africa or elsewhere, but I didn’t have the time.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

I eat raw / rare meat all the time and don't have an issue. I get my steaks black and blue and that's pretty much raw in the middle.

a reply to: turbonium1

You don't chew your food? WTF?
edit on 11 3 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Me too.
Not dead or v sick yet, touch wood.
There goes that claim.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The sea was angry my friends like an old man ordering soup from a diner...

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Kinda mind-blowing: if the sun is trying to kill us: then how did our population reach almost 8 billion ?

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The sun isn’t ‘trying’ to kill us, it’s doing what all stars do. The unfortunate results of that activity isn’t good for any life, including ours. Thankfully our atmosphere, earth’s magnetism and the fabric of the earth itself absorbs or deflects most of our star’s radiation.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

The sun isn’t ‘trying’ to kill us, it’s doing what all stars do. The unfortunate results of that activity isn’t good for any life, including ours. Thankfully our atmosphere, earth’s magnetism and the fabric of the earth itself absorbs or deflects most of our star’s radiation.

This supposed rock is supposedly teeming with trillions of life-forms.
It would appear our situation is rather advantageous towards life thriving, for now...

So perhaps the activity is, maybe a tiny little bit, 'good' for life, no ?

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Not really. If we had no atmosphere the sun’s heat would boil off all our liquid water and we’d only survive on the fringes of the facing side of the planet - we’d have to continually move to avoid direct sunlight.

<< 6  7  8   >>

join