It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Hunters come across some aliens in Taos, New Mexico....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 03:36 AM
link   
An interesting report, but not necessarily otherworldly.

Shout out to the beings in the hoods.
If you read ATS, please post a reply to the thread.

I wonder how many beings exist that could get here, but couldn't interact with our online networks.

I would almost expect some interaction with the internet... But... I majored in networking, and they probably couldn't figure it out quickly, unless assisted by an advanced computer or AI. In which case, what would such a machine think about our civilization from the data it finds trying to parse tbe internet?

It would have to decode our packet format, AND it would have to understand the encapsulated data, in such a way as to separate the actual knowledge and content, from the formatting and encode containers.
On top of that, to understand the data, it would also have to decrypt our languages.

Information on our Earth internet, is wrapped in so many enigmatic layers for an alien being, I could understand if they can get here, and yet fail at getting online.

I didn't even mention the border to entry, that is they'd have to crack an ISP or piggyback someone else's connection, to get an IP address in the first place.

That type of data access and behavior might actually be trackable by our own AI/neural networks that are used for cyber security.

Imagine, a "UFO" of internet traffic.
Some weird black hole slurping down information out of the blue, on someone's residential internet connection.

The first thought cyber security guys would have, is that the customer's computer was compromised by a botnet or human made worm... But maybe... Somewhere out there... This is already happening.

If so, hello from Earth, other worldly AI. I'd like to meet you and your friends!

Let's talk. I'm a trusted. (We've met.)
edit on 16-9-2019 by Archivalist because: Teehee

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

Cheers mate

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Except he didn't view it as alien, he viewed it as a movie base camp. I mean even if I thought I saw aliens I wouldn't suddenly be suspicious of everything I saw (maybe I should be?) the rest of the day. The guy works in that industry and thought they'd stumbled upon something he sees in his profession. I wouldn't be taking pics because it's not suspicious and out of professional courtesy. There wasn't anything weird about it (movies are filmed all over the place) until it disappeared in a few seconds.

I must admit that it is understandable that upon seeing the tent structure that they would quickly make an assumption about a movie set. Makes an easy explanation for their mind to comprehend, plus explain the unknown two figures the day before.

I am just wondering how or why they deduce 'It's Aliens!' from the fact that what they seen just simply disappeared? I mean would not one first think of ghostly apparitions? time displacement? Re-enactment? Yet, they seemed to jump to a more illogical explanation...aliens!

The story just seems more paranormal rather than ET based.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I don't fault them but these days, if you have neither pix nor vidz...you're a bullseye for haters, bashers, and debunkers.

Maybe they were Bigfoot.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: reject

I don't fault them but these days, if you have neither pix nor vidz...you're a bullseye for haters, bashers, and debunkers.

Maybe they were Bigfoot.

Or sensible people in some cases that realize there are just a lot of Hoaxers out there andy are guilty of having diluted the truth so much we never get to know!

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: reject

They can be faulted for not taking pics during the SECOND event the same day, but the case should not be dismissed on those grounds alone.

For the sake of progress, there has to be some benefit of the doubt granted regarding WHY the thought never occurred to them. In the meantime, the personal accounts and drawings are enough material to either accept or dismiss in the old-fashioned way.

Just pretend we're back in the old pre-iPhone days.

edit on 16-9-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Except he didn't view it as alien, he viewed it as a movie base camp. I mean even if I thought I saw aliens I wouldn't suddenly be suspicious of everything I saw (maybe I should be?) the rest of the day. The guy works in that industry and thought they'd stumbled upon something he sees in his profession. I wouldn't be taking pics because it's not suspicious and out of professional courtesy. There wasn't anything weird about it (movies are filmed all over the place) until it disappeared in a few seconds.

I must admit that it is understandable that upon seeing the tent structure that they would quickly make an assumption about a movie set. Makes an easy explanation for their mind to comprehend, plus explain the unknown two figures the day before.

I am just wondering how or why they deduce 'It's Aliens!' from the fact that what they seen just simply disappeared? I mean would not one first think of ghostly apparitions? time displacement? Re-enactment? Yet, they seemed to jump to a more illogical explanation...aliens!

That’s certainly possible but to me, it sounds like real physical giant structures... which the aliens were scrambling the appearance of. They’re well known to do this to our puny human brains lol.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

That’s certainly possible but to me, it sounds like real physical giant structures... which the aliens were scrambling the appearance of. They’re well known to do this to our puny human brains lol.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
An interesting report, but not necessarily otherworldly.

Shout out to the beings in the hoods.
If you read ATS, please post a reply to the thread.

I wonder how many beings exist that could get here, but couldn't interact with our online networks.

I would almost expect some interaction with the internet... But... I majored in networking, and they probably couldn't figure it out quickly, unless assisted by an advanced computer or AI. In which case, what would such a machine think about our civilization from the data it finds trying to parse tbe internet?

It would have to decode our packet format, AND it would have to understand the encapsulated data, in such a way as to separate the actual knowledge and content, from the formatting and encode containers.
On top of that, to understand the data, it would also have to decrypt our languages.

Information on our Earth internet, is wrapped in so many enigmatic layers for an alien being, I could understand if they can get here, and yet fail at getting online.

I didn't even mention the border to entry, that is they'd have to crack an ISP or piggyback someone else's connection, to get an IP address in the first place.

That type of data access and behavior might actually be trackable by our own AI/neural networks that are used for cyber security.

Imagine, a "UFO" of internet traffic.
Some weird black hole slurping down information out of the blue, on someone's residential internet connection.

The first thought cyber security guys would have, is that the customer's computer was compromised by a botnet or human made worm... But maybe... Somewhere out there... This is already happening.

If so, hello from Earth, other worldly AI. I'd like to meet you and your friends!

Let's talk. I'm a trusted. (We've met.)

Maybe they’ll talk with you personally, if you really want them to, lol.

But they’re clearly avoiding any kind of official acknowledgement of their presence

They correctly see us as a bunch of talking chimpanzees, basically, so they’re waiting for us to evolve a bit more, before they ever consider an official disclosure imo.

Right now they’re just watching us act like monkeys for the most part lol

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Don't forget the Taos hum! Strange things afoot around in them there parts.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

Thank you for the post. Its stuff like this that was the reason I joined ATS. Love these stories.

To comment on the issue of the phone and taking a picture..

I'm 43 years old. I didn't own a cell phone until the galaxy 4 came out.

I can tell you that it NEVER occurs to me to use my phone to take pictures.
Even when stuff happens in front of me.
The last thing I think is to get a picture.

Now if it was a UFO I would probably grab my phone after a few seconds but this guy didn't think he was seeing anything strange at first.
And as for the tent the strange part was how it had dissapeared out of thin air.
No point in taking photos of thin air.
By then it's too late.

However I agree that without a photo it might as well have never happened.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Let me tell you all something.. and Im sure Im not alone in this honest reaction.

If I was out hunting and saw some weird beings or a bigfoot or whatever.. Id yell "its comin right for us" and kill that sucker, not take a pic. I cant help it, Im sorry. Aliens and cryptids MIGHT be really yummy. Its like the first guy who ate an eel or jellyfish. Gotta kill one to taste it. If its yucky then we can try to establish communication.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join