It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today is Friday the 13th and a full moon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

I forgot about that. I don't get out much in any big city. lol
yes, it's very rare to see a building with a 13th floor in the US, they typically just ignore it. I always thought that was odd, as if everybody in the world was superstitious.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: horseplay
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

I forgot about that. I don't get out much in any big city. lol
yes, it's very rare to see a building with a 13th floor in the US, they typically just ignore it. I always thought that was odd, as if everybody in the world was superstitious.

Are you sure? I thought the 13th floor of a hospital was always where they had the mental patients.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
a reply to: JAGStorm

I got a parking ticket, god dam the 13th, £70

I remember going to the US (New York) and the lifts not having the floor 13 is that just 1 hotel (did they really have a secret floor) or is that a common thing in the US

Most buildings in the USA do not have a floor marked 13. I worked in an office on the 14th floor of the building. Actually, it was the 13th floor. But then again, in the USA, the ground floor is 1 and the floor above that is 2. Whereas in Europe, the floor above the ground floor is 1. So, when I worked on the 14th floor, was I really on the 13th or not?

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: TheGreatWork
We lost our car keys this morning and still cannot find them. Really crap day for me so far.

Sending some of my good luck your way and hope you find your keys! Did you do anything out of order yesterday. I find that is usually when I lose things, like when I normally come home and put my purse on the counter, but then I was distracted by something.

I'm really really good at finding things. Not sure if you have done any of these yet, Here's some tips:
check all pockets of everything worn since last using them

is it possible it slid off somewhere

check in your car trunk and all around the seats

if you keep keys in a drawer and it is full, pull out the drawer and check underneath (don't ask how I know, it's not like I lost checks from 10 people for a year)

check all around your bed, between the mattress and box springs

if you think it might have dropped somewhere in the yard, you can get a cheap metal detector and find it pretty quick (btw did you know that metal detector will pay for itself by detecting, I've found gold & silver not even kidding!)

Do you have a pet and could that pet have eaten it? I know a dog that ate an entire jacket (had to have it surgically removed) and another dog that ate an entire broom (again had that surgically removed) so nothing surprises me with dogs.

Thanks for sending luck! I have torn this place apart. It isn't in the vehicle because I used the fob to lock it last night. It is a key with one of those chips. This could cost 300+ I hear. I'll keep looking.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreatWork

Thanks for sending luck! I have torn this place apart. It isn't in the vehicle because I used the fob to lock it last night. It is a key with one of those chips. This could cost 300+ I hear. I'll keep looking.

Hope you don't mind another suggestion: Since you remember using the fob to lock the vehicle -

- sit down somewhere quiet without distractions, relax and take a long, slow deep breath - as you slowly release the breath, mentally 'return' to the moment when you used the fob (use your imagination to really inhabit that memory)...

Now, (not necessarily focusing on the fob) envision yourself moving step by step thru the memory of what you did/where you went beginning the moment after locking the vehicle..

You can use questions to help that process - Did you go straight into your house? Thru which door did you enter? What room did you enter into? Did anything happen in that room? (ex. if kitchen, did you get something to drink? if office, did you answer the phone?)
Continue mentally reliving every step and action envisioning everything that was going on around you...

...at some point, your mind will reach the 'place' where you either laid the fob down, or did something specific which caused you to unknowingly drop the fob (where it likely fell under something) and you will realize either where it must be, or where it could be that you hadn't thought to look yet..

This method always works for me, and I help my family find things this way too - by verbally walking them thru the memory and asking them the questions..

I even made up a personal motto, which more often than not holds true - and drives my family crazy:

"You find things with your brains, not with your eyes."

Good luck!

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   
We had a really good 13th out & about, and got rid of the damned car that was stowed in my garage for years -- got handed a nice sum for junking it. We managed front row parking at every store we went to, where we stopped for lunch wasn't busy for a change, and lucked out at Costco and stumbled on a pricey set of drinkware marked down to $10 (we're thoroughly irate with our now old glasses, damn things shattered if you so much as breathed on them. Never buying Libby's stuff again!)

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
i noticed this too
it's why i'm not gallivanting around.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

As said before, Jacques de Molay, the last Grand Master of the Knights Templar, was arrested by King Phillip of France (aka, Phillip le Fair), because they refused his application to be a KT. He wanted their supposed wealth. The king had appointed a Pope which was the same as having saying that the king’s wishes were met.

The raid was on a Friday. The date was the 13th. At that moment the date gained a significance.

Other cultures view 13 as lucky.

The story is that the KT were tipped off. They sailed away from France with their treasure. They went to Scotland where the Pope had declared them godless heretics because of Robert the Bruce. And further tales say that they went to Nova Scotia (New Scotland!!) and buried their trove on Oak Island!

And, Paul Harvey used to say, “And now you know the rest of the story”!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join