It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fairies and lepercons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Is it alright, to believe in this? I am asking because recently in a worshop I attended on fairytale beings, we started talking about fairies and lepercons, except the worshop teacher was talking about them as facts, and told me they have seen them, and how it is okay to just believe.

It got so ridiculous, that she they said before cutting the grass, we should give the fairies a 15 min notice, because otherwise they could get cut up!

I had a slight argument from the teacher, telling them that while believing in fairies is harmless, simply believing blindly in everything you read or telling people the same, can make people very gullible and shut down their capability to think logically. Then they went on ahead with lepercons.

Now, I know that we should also be imaginative, and not just logical, but isn't fairies and lepercons going too far? Is there anyone here who has even of shred evidence to support that they do indeed exist.

[edit on 6-3-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
Is there anyone here who has even of shred evidence to support that they do indeed exist.

If that where the case, it would be so easy, wouldnt it

Wether its a valid belief... Of course it is. In fact its quite common with this kind of folklore. Here in Sweden various kinds of trolls where so numerous you could almost find them under every rock, heh. Not to mention giants. You wonder how they managed to stay hidden, but apparently they did, lol.

But one shouldnt force the belief onto others, of course.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
They might be real, theres nothing rational to explain leprechauns or fairies. I mean, angels and demons have been explained as UFOs, but nothing comes to mind for these two.

[edit on 6-3-2005 by invader_chris]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Indigo, I am not sure of their existence until I actually sit down and have a conversation with one.

I have seen the 'fairy lights' zipping around often though. If the fairies are real, then not to many have come forward with pics or a tangible alikeness of reports and descriptions as the aliens have. How big are they? Do they look human? Where do they live? How do they live is all the thoughts that go through my mind, i am open to their existence but have no 'proof'. I think cutting the grass and warnings is laughable though.

In my family history of the Macleod clan there is fascinating evidence and literature about a fairy flag held at Dunvegon castle. The flag when unfurled is supposed to give the Macleods 'victory' in whatever the battle is. Legend says it can be unfurled three times. Historical documents say that it has been unfurled twice with further legend commmenting on the possibility of the third already happening.

The flag was bequeathed to the family by a fairy, who married the heir of the Macleods. The fairy had a baby son to the clan son but 12 months after the marriage, was unhappy and went back to her people to live. She left behind her son and asked he be looked after but apparently a while later he too disappeared or died.

It is fascinating to read about the story, i wish i had actually been there at the time. Google has plenty of reading on the subject if you are interested.

The part I find so "real" about the story, is here is this ferocious clan of Scotsman, the stuff legends are made of in battle, yet their history records show their pride in this story and the flag and publicly and proudly admit it's 'fairy' heritage.

I really wonder about this along with the other stories of the Isle of Skye about the 'children of the mist'.

[edit on 6-3-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Mayet, aren't fairies suppose to be tiny beings, and when I say tiny I mean 4 inches, so I am sure a sexual relationship between a human and a fairy would be somewhat complicated

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Well see that is the thing. How big are they?

I know where you are coming from, the Enid Blyton model has them teeny tiny. Other stories have them as tiny flashes of light. Others have them larger. The Macleod story, well how was it so? Did the fairy take human form? What was real? Fascinating that they say "a Fairy" not witch, druid, or similiar. I just wish I was there to see. I don't know the answer to that question. How big are they? .....

Since experimenting and changing my vsion to total violet at times, I have come to think that humans only "see' a tiny part of the spectrum, we know there are rays that we can't see like ultra violet and infra red. maybe these beings are outside our visible spectrum but always there. Kinda like a dog whistle, that annoys the hell out of a pooch but is not heard by humans. People might be able to achieve vision in other areas for different reasons, enlightenment, physical and so on.

Just a thought. Would explain my 'fairy lights'

[edit on 6-3-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I havn't seen faeries or leprichauns, but I have heard stories from Ireland about both. But I have never seen either. Although I have seen Goblins, So I have no realy doubts that Faeries and Leprichauns actually exist.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Not too long ago when me and my aunt were sitting around, she told me about her ex-boyfriends son who supposedly saw something akin to a Leprachaun or little person.

This is what she said happened:
Her ex's grandchildren were playing out back by a white shed, towards the woods, and they came running in scared as hell and crying. When her ex's son (older then the kids) asked them what was wrong, they said they saw a little glowing green man by the woods telling them to go away.

Jason (my aunts ex's son) went out back to see what was going on, and he saw this "thing" too. He said that it looked like how the movies portrayed Leprachauns, like real short and stocky. This thing had glowing green eyes, according to Jason, and soon after being spotted it zipped off into the woods.

Around here, (Red Lake native rez), we call them simply "little green men." I've heard a few other storys about these little people, but I can only speculate on where they come from.

Part of me thinks they come from another dimension, one sort of like ours. Remember that case in England of those green twins or something? The ones that would only eat green, had a green skin complection, and when were older described where they came from as being always green, green sky, green grounds, ect. And how they got here was crawling through some kind of tunnel... Maybe once in awhile doors between worlds open up and things get mixed? I don't know, it's really fun to think about all the possibilities, just as long as you stay "realistic."

[edit on 6-3-2005 by Weise]

[edit on 6-3-2005 by Weise]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Mayet, aren't fairies suppose to be tiny beings, and when I say tiny I mean 4 inches, so I am sure a sexual relationship between a human and a fairy would be somewhat complicated

Well there are different female woodsy thingies... Are we talking just fairies or fairy like beings? Another swedish folklore myth is about a beatifull woman in the woods that seduces men and then try to kill them ("skogsrå" I think its called). How do you see its her? She's hollow if you look from behind

And a similar creature that got a big tail instead. Not to mention one that can give you a "ride" in the night. Want to keep it away? Cork up that keyhole so she cant get in or out.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I have no evidence that leprechauns are real,
but my great grandmother was Irish and led me to believe that
leprechauns might exist.
I never knew whether she was telling a child (me) just "fairytales"
or whether she truly believed in them. She's passed on now so I
guess I will never know.

She did tell me that leprechauns are not very nice creatures and to
stay away from them.

[edit on 6-3-2005 by elaine]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Is it alright, to believe in this?

Definitely.

I am more in tune with the pixies of course, but there are others who are aware of the existance of faeries (KayEm for example) and leprechauns.

Time for another shameless plug methinks

Pixy Folk

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Well The Master "M" speaks about the Elementals in his books "The Dayspring of Youth" and "The Lord God of Truth Within".

Gnomes, Undines, Sylphs, Salamanders, etc.

Many other Esoterists such as Paracelsus, Franz Hartmann, Samael Aun Weor(Try 'Igneous Rose' and 'Occult Medicine and Practical Magic'), Manly P. Hall, etc. wrote about them as well.

A link:

www.sacred-texts.com...

It is said that if we are not pure of mind and heart; then The Elementals(pure creatures) will not allow us to approach them.

They flee from fornicators, egoists, violent people, drunkards, etc.

mmxz.zophar.net...

I think that most people deep down want to believe in these kinds of things; though less so, as they lose their child-like innocence more and more, after having built up so much sensual desire.

Got to admit; that the Adepts of The Right Hand Path make a very good case for the existence of such Beings, even though I don't have developed the Inner faculties, that would supposedly allow one to contact them....

Peace

[edit on 7-3-2005 by Tamahu]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   

It got so ridiculous, that she they said before cutting the grass, we should give the fairies a 15 min notice, because otherwise they could get cut up!
]

Seems fairynuff.....wouldn't want to chop the little buggers up. Are you sure he didn't mean before smoking some grass?

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Lepercons? Are those diseased felons?

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I so would love to say I believe in fairies, they really sound very beautiful, and I am open to the possibility they are other dimensional beings, but I just cannot push myself to believe based on a few fables.

I would, however, like others to consider another explanation for fairies:

1. They are angels, but another culture called them fairies, an angel can appear as lights - so they say.

2. They are orbs, as in flying lights, and they have been depicted by cultures as actual beings.

3. They are extraterretrials or ufos, as Mayat did describe a tale of a fairy and a human procreating. That would not be possible if the fairy was a tiny being.

As for lepercons and goblins etc - I think it much more likely they are either misidentified animals or unidentified terrestrial animals or just misidenfitied humans. A dwarf could quite easily be misidentified as a lepercon. I would imagine in those times, if you were born a dwarf, you would probably have to escape and live in the woods. As society would probably have been hostile or violent to them. This is consistent with lepercons being seen in the woods and being quite misanthropic.

Another possible explanation, especially glowing little green men, are extraterrestrials.

[edit on 7-3-2005 by Indigo_Child]

top topics

join