It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artik, a movie..one of those "painfull" movies.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Hi Guys,

Does it ever happen to you that you are watching a movie in which one of the actors..or more of them.. are playing a situation so incredible stupid that it hurts? (of course a little exaggerated). Well if you love this feeling of trying to scream to the actor not to open that fuc@ng door than this is it.
Maybe I should have placed this in the RANT forum..but hey, it is about a movie.

There are several moments in this film that an actor is making such a stupid move that you ask yourself..is this guy really such an idiot. It is that these stupid moment completely distroy what I at first considered a decent entertaining movie. For example.. The man is standing behind a door and the serial killer is shooting with his shotgun through that door hoping to hit him. Than there is a little pause of 5 seconds and what does this guy do..? He is opening that door and tries to run outside. Any normal person would know it is very likely that the serial killer is still standing there re-loading or waiting to fire his next shot. Oooww...my toos curl when what I expect happens, how can this person be this stupid. Yes, I know it is a movie..but what is wrong with this writer. And there are more of such moments in the film...really, what a disappointment.

I don't know, it is so obvious stupid that I am wondering if it is done on purpose.

Thanks for reading, I just had to express and share my frustration after watching this stupidity. Does this ever happen to you guys that something is so in your face unreal stupid that it (almost) hurts?

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Hey, there's a killer on the loose...lets spit up...

There's a dangerous alien on our ship....what's in that dark hallway?

Look! That large object is falling this way....lets run in the direction it's falling....

Oh no! The killer is on the floor stunned! Let's not kick him in the head multiple times while he's down,, no no,,, lets just slowly run so he can catch up..

We have to hide from that killing machine,,,ok, just let me call my mom...

And best of all.......
We have to hide this kid from his father..
Ok, let him live with his uncle and not change his last name..
Great idea! And lets make his sister a princess but change her name so they can be in a love triangle in the next movie...

Yeah... I feel your pain..stupid storylines make my head hurt..

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I feel this way about superhero movies and ridiculous fight scenes.
One of the most unsettling movies I've ever seen was entirely realistic, and that's why it was good... Not because of special effects or stupid choreography.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

I read a review on the movie Pompeii and someone wrote "the Volcano was not the only disaster on the film."

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Ummm...exactly...script writers are either lazy...or just bad at what they do...

Every scene in a movie was written...then we have low budgets and production/directing shortcomings...

Most movies are just poor attempts to push a narrative...while the rest are junk...

Once in a while though...there are some extremely talented screenwriters coupled with some really talented acting and directing...

Clint Eastwood usually fills those rolls quite nicely...

YouSir

top topics

join