It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I now know the real reason why Americans want to buy Greenland.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I now know the real reason why Americans want to buy Greenland.

No this isn't the real reason.

SPOILER: NAVAL BLOCKADE AND SANCTIONS ON CANADA. Just look how Americans are surrounding the Canadians with Bases. Its not all about China or Russia. It is Canada. Canadians will not be able to trade with its European allies without paying a price either through taxes or send any ships to Europe.

edit on 11-9-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Who says Americans want to buy Greenland? I certainly don't. Just because maybe Trump would maybe like it doesn't mean all of us do. Too cold for my taste! And to heck with Canada as well! Lived on the Canadian border for 1 1/2 years when I was young and you couldn't pay me to do another winter there.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Where did anyone ever get the idea that ATS "denies ignorance"?

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

You lived on the border????? Where it's warm?

Here is a free coupon to visit me anytime up in Edmonton. You can spend the whole winter with me. Started saving up now for the heating bills to come. Ha, ha, ha.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Anything we can do to mitigate the Canadian threat, im all for.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   
How could we buy Greenland? Who would we pay, someone who claims they own it instead of the people who live there? I do not think Trump was actually serious. The people of Greenland and all the penguins living there would need to vote on it.

Well, technically they are not real penguins but look a little like them, but then again who is claiming to own Greenland is probably not the real owner either.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Denmark owns the mortgage on Greenland. They stated very firmly the thought of the USA purchasing Greenland was absurd.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   
We gotta build a wall... the idiocy of their leader is rubbing off

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

In my opinion, and that of others a whole lot smarter and wiser, the idea of buying Greenland would be to increase access to the Arctic.

As global warming excelerates, access to oil and other resources are more accessible (hence the rationale for climate change denial).

Denmark would have to be 'stupid' to sell Greenland and only a 'stupid' person would put the idea forward.

It's about the power of controlling 'oil', which lead to more ecological degredation by burning fossil fules, which warms the climate more - rise and repeat. A classic reinforcing loop.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Canada is like America’s attic, there’s nothing up there but boxes of our old stuff.

Ever watch Canadian tv? I saw someone un-nostalgically playing a ps2 just the other day.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   
It would be great if we could purchase Greenland. The Louisiana Purchase and Seward's Folly worked out pretty well. Of course, Denmark would have to be very stupid or very desperate to sell.

Come to think of it, we bought from France and Russia when they needed money to fund wars. If we could just get somebody to go to war with Denmark, then just sit back and wait till they need money and weapons, ...

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

As for Canada's leader..... Well...... Ill be nice...... Never mind.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   
No bases could prevent Canadian Atlantic trade EXCEPT in case of direct war between U.S. and Canada.
But in case of direct war, any naval man will tell you, existing American bases would be sufficient.
In fact a Greenland base would be out of the way and inconvenient as a base for southern operations. It could not possibly supply ther needs of a fleet without being supplied itself first.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: Akragon

As for Canada's leader..... Well...... Ill be nice...... Never mind.

ha... why be nice

hes a twit... can't deny that

But trump takes it to a whole new level...

American politics is the hottest reality show now

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

Denmark owns the mortgage on Greenland.

They stated very firmly the thought of the USA purchasing Greenland was absurd.

Interesting doco here about Project Iceworm and Camp Century.

Also some interesting comments below from the Danes about the U.S. storing nukes there.

A City Under The Ice
edit on 12-9-2019 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

I would be all for buying it, but it's not for sale.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
Anything we can do to mitigate the Canadian threat, im all for.

I'm with you.

There is nothing more terrifying than polite people with Tim hortons coffee and doughnuts holding doors open for complete strangers.
Not to mention all those poisonous moose running around..

Nightmare fuel...

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Where did anyone ever get the idea that ATS "denies ignorance"?

Dude, it's a motto - ya know do as I say not as I do type of thing?!

Kinda like a telephone pole in yer eye, denying everyone else's ignorance, blind to your own...

Or like a recursive loop where intolerance to ignorance leads to intolerance of intolerance and how ignorant that is.

ganjoa

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
there aren't any penguins in greenland

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5ofineed5aladder
a reply to: rickymouse
there aren't any penguins in greenland

My bad, I did not realize that the great Auks were totally extinct. I guess the last seen ones were in the mid eighteen hundreds. They were killed off for their down.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join