It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winner, Winner, Pheasant Under Glass Dinner (WL2019) ...non-Writer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Winner, Winner, Pheasant Under Glass Dinner (WL2019)

Seeing lots of zeros pop up on the lottery ticket checker screen was always a fantasy, so when all those zeros popped up I was sent into a temporary state of disbelief. So, I scanned the barcode again and many, many zeros, appeared again. “It’s real”, I said to myself.

Fast forward a year and after the family needs and other financial dust has settled, my new yacht is finally on the water complete with Captain, fine French chef and assorted crew members to take care of everything and anything. “Ah yes”, I said to myself, “I am now one of the hated one percenters, regardless of my generous contribution to charities...it’s just a green-eyed monster thing and there is not much I can do about it.”

“Where in the world do I want to go?, I ask myself. I will ask the Captain if he has a good suggestion, after all I am but a greenhorn on the blue sea. I send Captain Lorenzo a text and ask him if Bermuda is good this time of year, he says ‘no’ because of potential storms, but further North along the Atlantic coast is ideal. So I decide on Boston for now and have my private secretary Laurie make all the arrangements including talking to Chef Pierre about sourcing out fresh seafood.

Chef Pierre was difficult to steal away from one of the finest French restaurants in Montreal but I finally made a deal with him by giving him whatever he wanted. I wanted him because when we were working stiffs and could only afford to patron his restaurant once a year, his meals were absolutely devine and so memorable. Of course, he was trained at Le Cordon Bleu Culinary School in Paris, France...upper crust and all that, so I had to have him at any cost.

After arriving at the Boston marina, Chef Pierre texted me and informs me that that the seafood in season in Boston right now is various Bass, other lesser known fish, Poor Man’s Lobster and overutilized Swordfish and the Tunas. That rings of overfishing to me, so no Swordfish or Tuna on this trip. “Poor Man’s Lobster?”, I say to myself...”I’ve come so far, yet not so”...as I chuckle.

I text Chef Pierre back asking what does he suggest for dinner tonight, he texts back “pheasant under glass” is always his first choice and specialty. I agree and say to myself “Winner, winner, pheasant under glass dinner”.

The End

edit on 19CDT04America/Chicago05940430 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Sep 11 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Wishing for the same and sure I'd give a lot to charity if I was in that position.

Nice read.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 02:25 AM
link   

It sounds like you paid the families bills, then abandoned them for a life of luxury on the high seas with Pierre. Not that I'm judging...

S+F

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

Wishing for the same and sure I'd give a lot to charity if I was in that position.

Nice read.

Kind regards,

bally

I have so many charities in mind that I can't even count them all. Everybody hurts.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

It sounds like you paid the families bills, then abandoned them for a life of luxury on the high seas with Pierre. Not that I'm judging...

S+F

Believe me, my family and friends would finangle a way on to my yacht, and I'd let them. At any rate, they'd have enough money to buy their own yacht and abandon me, if they wanted too.

"Closeness has nothing to do with distance."

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Nice Job Here! Well done!!

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

Nice Job Here! Well done!!

Thank you very kindly SyxPak although I never edit anything I post to the contest, I always edit in my mind after the fact. It's never good enough, I guess.

new topics

top topics

join