It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Yellowhammer. Brexit and it's likely effects.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Quit whining sissies. GREAT Britain doesn't need European overlords to survive I'm pretty durn sure. Unless old school Brits have ceased to exist? Your top-knot's too tight lad---it's cutting off circulation.

Of course Great Britian will survive, we will just probably be poorer.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I'm from the USA but there needs to be a companion piece to this document. If the EU follow thru with this worst case scenario; how does it effect the EU's economy? If following the documents course of action it ends up harming the EU severely; then what is the more probable course of action of individual EU member states. The EU's course of action has to take into consideration any damage that could occur to the EU's economy. No one should cut off their nose to spite themselves.

Just a saying.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Quit whining sissies. GREAT Britain doesn't need European overlords to survive I'm pretty durn sure. Unless old school Brits have ceased to exist? Your top-knot's too tight lad---it's cutting off circulation.

Why's that?
Why would we be poorer?
edit on 11/9/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Why's that?

Economics.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Why's that?

Economics.

How so? Specifics please.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Why's that?

Economics.

Where do you want to start?

If we are out with the single market that will put the UK at a disadvantage in trade and make us less attractive to inward investment.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Why's that?

Economics.

If we are out with the single market that will put the UK at a disadvantage in trade and make us less attractive to inward investment.

By next year 90% of the worlds GDP will be outside the EU.
The UK becomes immediately MORE attractive to investors from outside the EU as we'll no longer have to agree trade deals as a block with 27 other countries or abide by the regulations of a 28 country block.
Our exports to non EU countries is already growing faster than our exports to the EU.

Economics is primarily about demand and supply.
1) the EU will not stop buying our products
2) we'll not stop buying their products
3) we'll be able to open up export trade in new markets more easily
4) we'll be able to import more easily from non EU countries.

edit on 11/9/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Why's that?

Economics.

By next year 90% of the worlds GDP will be outside the EU.
The UK becomes immediately MORE attractive to investors from outside the EU as we'll no longer have to agree trade deals as a block with 27 other countries.
Our exports to non EU countries is already growing faster than our exports to the EU.

Economics is primarily about demand and supply.
1) the EU will not stop buying our products
2) we'll not stop buying their products
3) we'll be able to open up export trade in new markets more easily
4) we'll be able to import more easily from non EU countries.

The EU is the second largest economic area in the world and crucially is right next door.

No one is claiming we will stop trading with the EU but that trade will become more expensive.

Because it will become more expensive, all else being equal, companies are more likely to invest within the Single Market.

Being part of a large economic block like the the EU also gives significant advantages to negotiating trade deals elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheShippingForecast
a reply to: Argen

Assume there comes a point when, if exports stall, that UK supply so exceeds demand that the oil companies run out of storage and refineries need to be mothballed.

More or less what I was going to say. If exports drop to such an extent that the domestic market drowns in fuel there is only so much that can be used. I live a few miles from a terminal/refinery and the area has a connected petrochemical industry. Lose that and there will be a massive impact here.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Diesel generators for everyone

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Asinine remarks,
Do you actually know how the EU works?

General issue,

EU policy and actions are decided through treaties - binding agreements between EU member countries that set out rules and objectives for decision-making.

They have to be approved by all 28 EU members before they can take effect, that means everybody including the UK.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argen
Diesel generators for everyone

Do we build them or import them?

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Kind of like … the times before and up to war of 1812, but in reverse?

I guess history may not repeat itself, but it does rhyme.

But, on another note, can't the UK use the membership dues paid to the EU (that it won't be paying after Brexit), to buffer the effects on its people, to soften the blow of Brexit?

edit on 11-9-2019 by Fowlerstoad because: had to clarify that ... or maybe sometimes history sounds like playing a record player backwards

edit on 11-9-2019 by Fowlerstoad because: thought more ...

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I think this would be a great opportunity for the US and GB to reform a partnership and become the preeminent world power.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

What do you say cousins?

ready to take over the world. . . . again?

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

They have to be approved by all 28 EU members before they can take effect, that means everybody including the UK.

Well thats not difficult....they just keep getting sent back to revote till they

give the EU the answer that the EU wants, like good little puppets.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Wake me up when we're getting bombed or nuked.

We are not so cucked that we can't take care of ourselves. We are not so degenerate that we would allow our society to collapse.

And a good number of us know we can turn to the commonwealth and America if we really get into a pickle, and that they are making and have made preparations to help so consider our back "gotten". You know, three days ago the news was about our special relationship partners preparing to help cover any food shortages and alike.

Did we all forget that? Probably some did, those for whom Facebook photos, football scores and Twitter scribblings are more important. Fair enough.

But the bottom line, I'll bet my bottom dollar it's just more project fear. Why not? The delay tactics are certainly having a special moment right now so why not this? Same # different day I believe to be the appropriate phrase. We are not pussies even if "they" want to try and convince us we are. Brexit is not adversity. It's just a different path.
edit on 11-9-2019 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: smurfy

Well thats not difficult....they just keep getting sent back to revote till they

give the EU the answer that the EU wants, like good little puppets.

Example of the EU putting the same bill, totally unchanged to a referendum more than once.
hint: there isn't one, how are people still repeating these lies?

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Ummm...yawn...who cares...

President Trump has already stated that if you do a hard Brexit...that he would negotiate an actual free trade pact with ya’ll...

As in tariff free...no barriers beyond the common sense...as in mad cow disease situations etc...

Why are you all so afraid of actual free trade...?

Why on earth wouldn’t you want free and balanced trade with the largest economy on the planet...?

But you just go on sucking on mama EU’s tit...while that old dug shrivels like last years grapes...

Sometimes I just can’t figure out what all the Remoaners...have to moan about...

Ah well...your former empire...do with it what you will...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

This is a worst case scenario as part of a mitigation plan.
I am pleased that a worst case scenario is being considered. Represents good planning.

Actually the worst case scenario being presented here is way way better than the fear mongering of remainers prior to the referendum and since.

Looks like a bit of a dud to me.. not what remainers were hoping for. But I am sure the spin will be epic.

It's a base case scenario..was called just that, however,

Here is more from the Sunday Times’ senior reporter Rosamund Urwin confirming what was contained paragraph 15 of the document originally leaked to her in August, which has seemingly been redacted in tonight’s version.

Rosamund Urwin
@RosamundUrwin
· 3h
Replying to @RosamundUrwin
So lots of people asking what the redacted part is... Here goes:

Rosamund Urwin
@RosamundUrwin
"15. Facing EU tariffs makes petrol exports to the EU uncompetitive. Industry had plans to mitigate the impact on refinery margins and profitability but UK Government policy to set petrol import tariffs at 0% inadvertently undermines these plans." [More to come]

8:50 PM - Sep 11, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
1,258 people are talking about this

Rosamund Urwin
@RosamundUrwin
· 3h
Replying to @RosamundUrwin
"15. Facing EU tariffs makes petrol exports to the EU uncompetitive. Industry had plans to mitigate the impact on refinery margins and profitability but UK Government policy to set petrol import tariffs at 0% inadvertently undermines these plans." [More to come]

Rosamund Urwin
@RosamundUrwin
"This leads to significant financial losses and announcement of two refinery closures (and transition to import terminals) and direct job losses (about 2000).

www.theguardian.com...

edit on 11-9-2019 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: contextual

What they wrote appears to be a what if worst case scenario where Europe retaliates against the UK which would end up disastrous for Europe too.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join