It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Yellowhammer. Brexit and it's likely effects.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I remember the 1970's , food shortages , power cuts and fuels rationing , we survived that just as we'll survive anything EU departure can throw at us , I'm ready for the pain in order to get the gain.

Am just saying lets not go pretending that this isn't the absolute worse case, its the "base case" and the government chose to change it for some reason. That should at the very least be raising a few eyebrows

It's you who is pretending.
A pre-release leaked document with the words 'base case' in the title is what you are talking about.
We do not know what this was referrring to. It may well have been the base assumptions for worst case scenarios. You've used a leak and subsequent propaganda and pretended the only interpretation is the one you want to believe.

The document, as an official release is the worst case scenario. Of course, that's still only a forecast, but that is what we know. As usual remainers are trying to make things worse than they really are - for one purpose... to lay the foundatiopns for destroying deomcracy in the UK in order to get their way.

edit on 15/9/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: UKTruth
a reply to: ScepticScot

The entire purpose of the Yellowhammer document is for mitigation against a worst case scenario. The very opposite of sticking heads in the sand.

No one is saying it will come out 'peachy', rather poiting out that just talking about worst case scenarios and pretending the sky is falling is nothing more that Remainer propaganda - taking the worst case and scenario, assuming no mitigation, and proclaiming end times.

The document is, depending on which title you believe, either a base case or a reasonable worst case. Nothing about the sky falling in but a set of very reasonable assumptions.

If you read through the thread you will see numerous posts denying the accuracy of the document. People sticking their heads in the sand are posters on this site, not the authors of the document.

It's a worst case based on the reality we live in.
If you choose to believe something else, that is up to you.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The 'pre-release' version is what the UK Government provided the Scottish Government before spin was applied.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

a reply to: ScepticScot

The entire purpose of the Yellowhammer document is for mitigation against a worst case scenario. The very opposite of sticking heads in the sand.

No one is saying it will come out 'peachy', rather poiting out that just talking about worst case scenarios and pretending the sky is falling is nothing more that Remainer propaganda - taking the worst case and scenario, assuming no mitigation, and proclaiming end times.

The document is, depending on which title you believe, either a base case or a reasonable worst case. Nothing about the sky falling in but a set of very reasonable assumptions.

If you read through the thread you will see numerous posts denying the accuracy of the document. People sticking their heads in the sand are posters on this site, not the authors of the document.

It's a worst case based on the reality we live in.
If you choose to believe something else, that is up to you.

That isn't even remotely related to anything I posted.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: RexKramerPRT

The 'pre-release' version is what the UK Government provided the Scottish Government before spin was applied.

Regardless of what particular title used the assumptions used are all pretty realistic.

It's neither a disaster movie scenario nor sugar coating reality. It seems a realistic assessment of what will happen given a no deal exit.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: RexKramerPRT

Regardless of what particular title used the assumptions used are all pretty realistic.

It's neither a disaster movie scenario nor sugar coating reality. It seems a realistic assessment of what will happen given a no deal exit.

That's how I feel about it too. The bit about the water industry, which I work in, seemed realistic. So too section 15 about oil refineries losing their markets due to tariffs.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Two veg ffs, im are lucky if i a portion of tinned veg with my dinner. LoL

eletheia people want more not less, especially for the next generation. That's just how first-world nations function.

And let's face it, anything else or any significant number of people dying down to this whole Brexit debacle demands revolution.

Truth is we should embrace it whilst we still have the legs to carry us, because the millennials have not got the minerals for it, as its been breed out of them in their parent's basements.
edit on 15-9-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: RexKramerPRT

Some places lose like 40% of there water before it ever reaches a tap if memory serves.

Show me another service provider that can lose that amount of there product and still stay in business and ile be rather surprised.

Neglect, underfunding, and just plain stupidity where our water companies are concerned seems to be the colour of the day.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Some places lose like 40% of there water before it ever reaches a tap if memory serves.

Show me another service provider that can lose that amount of there product and still stay in business and ile be rather surprised.

Neglect, underfunding, and just plain stupidity where our water companies are concerned seems to be the colour of the day.

Show me another service that provides it's product directly to every household and business in the country via a hidden underground network. Of course there is work to do and it will always be a never ending task. What would your solution to leakage be?

EDIT: Our leakage figure is more like 20%.
edit on 15/9/2019 by RexKramerPRT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Well, i imagine another service that provides it's product directly to nearly every household and business would be gas, which also uses pipes.

I'm not an expert on the subject by any manner nor means but better maintenance and more upgrades to the antiquated system we have in place probably would not hurt.

Funding mate and more people working on the problem i suppose.

Edit: 3,300,000,000 liters were lost every single day through leakage thats back in 2010, thats not a kick in the arse. I gather the percentage of leakage will vary from one place to the next.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Water is much heavier than gas and the gas network is mostly low pressure so hardly comparable. Remember every cubic meter weighs 1 ton. Also, very large numbers of properties are not supplied by gas. The problem with simply hiring more staff and replacing pipes is cost. Not to mention disruption with having to dig up roads and paths. Also, simply replacing aging pipes isn't very efficient as some of ours are over 100 years old and have no leaks so work has to be targeted. There isn't a one size fits all solution and a leak free network is a pipe dream.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

More the power to you mate, not suggesting you dont do the jobs you are given.

There isn't a one size fits all solution to much these days.

But the fact that our population has grown to 66 million people pretty much dictates we need better more efficient means of distribution where water and other amenities are concerned, stands to rhyme and reason.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
eletheia people want more not less, especially for the next generation. That's just how first-world nations function.

Needing and wanting are two seperate issues

Truth is we should embrace it whilst we still have the legs to carry us, because the millennials have not got the minerals for it, as its been breed out of them in their parent's basements.

There are two sure things in life...

# 1. You can't get a quart into a pint bottle and

# 2. You cant take out more than you put in

One needs to come to terms with that,

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

You seem to have forgotten what nobody can escape, those being death and taxes.

Weans require proper accommodating, food, education, and proper paying jobs when they grow up.

They just don't want those things, they need them, and Brexit won't supply it, nor will the fat cat Tory scum responsible for the whole debacle.

One needs to come to terms with that.

Truth is they should be in the fecking clink for the crap they are attempting to shovel to the British people.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join